1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Let's Play: F1 2017 The Game
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation on Youtube by clicking here

Assetto Corsa Mini Season | Round 2 | Circuit Zandvoort

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Aug 10, 2017.

Who bottled Brands?

Poll closed Monday at 16:15.
  1. Adam

40.0%
  2. Adam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Adam

20.0%
  4. Adam

30.0%
  5. Max Verstappen

10.0%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Race Details

• Time: 1pm
    • Laps: 37
    • Temperature: 22c
    • Tyre Wear: 200%
    • Fuel Rate: 100%
    The Track

[​IMG]

Circuit Zandvoort is a motorsport race track located in the dunes north of Zandvoort, Netherlands, near the North Sea coast line. In 2017 it was renamed from Circuit Park Zandvoort to Circuit Zandvoort. There were plans for races at Zandvoort before World War II: the first street race was held on June 3, 1939. However, a permanent race track was not constructed until after the war, using communications roads built by the occupying German army. The circuit was inaugurated on August 7, 1948. The following year the race was called the Zandvoort Grand Prix and in 1950 it became the "Grote Prijs van Nederland" or Dutch Grand Prix. The 1952 Dutch Grand Prix was a round of the World Drivers Championship for the first time [but not a Formula One race, as the World Championship was for Formula Two cars that year and in 1953]. There was no GP at Zandvoort in 1954 (a sportscar-event replaced it), but 1955 saw the first proper Formula One race counting for the World Championship. After 2 more years without a race the Dutch Grand Prix was back on the World Championship calendar in 1958 and from then on remained a permanent fixture (with the exception of 1972) until 1985, when it was held for the last time. To solve a number of problems that had made it impossible to develop and upgrade the track, the most important one being noise pollution for the inhabitants of the part of Zandvoort closest to the track, the track management adopted and developed a plan to move the most southern part of the track away from the housing estate and rebuild a more compact track in the remaining former 'infield'. In January 1987 this plan got the necessary 'green light' when it was formally approved by the Noord-Holland Provincial Council. However, only a couple of months later a new problem arose: the company that commercially ran the circuit (CENAV), called in the receiver and went out of business, marking the end of "Circuit van Zandvoort". Again the track, owned by the municipality of Zandvoort, was in danger of being permanently lost for motorsports. However, a new operating company, the Stichting Exploitatie Circuit Park, was formed and started work at the realization of the track's reconstruction plans. Circuit Park Zandvoort was born and in the summer of 1989 the track was remodeled to an interim Club Circuit of 2.6 kilometers (1.6 mi), while the disposed southern part of the track was used to build a Vendorado Bungalow Park and new premises for the local football and hockey clubs. In 1995, CPZ (Circuit Park Zandvoort) got the "A Status" of the Dutch government and began building an international Grand Prix Circuit. This project was finished in 2001 when, after the track was redesigned to a 4.3 kilometers (2.7 mi) long circuit and a new pits building was realized, a new grandstand was situated along the long straight. One of the major events that is held at the circuit, along with DTM and A1GP, is the RTL Masters of Formula 3, where Formula Three cars of several national racing series compete with each other (originally called Marlboro Masters, before tobacco advertising ban). A noise restriction order was responsible for this event moving to the Belgian Circuit Zolder for 2007 and 2008. However, the race returned to its historical home in 2009.

Hotlap

Formation Lap

20707767_10212406437728529_205661012_n.jpg

Drivers will form up side by side in the yellow zone, and the leader can choose where to accelerate anywhere in the red zone (exit of last corner to the start/finsh line)

Questions

How did you overall find the first MNGTC Assetto Corsa race?

Just like Brands Hatch, Zandvoort appears to be very hard to overtake so where on this track is it possible?

Zandvoort was never in Project Cars, so how do you find the track?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Emilio Gutierrez

Emilio Gutierrez

Ratings:
    +17
    @lamborghini and @Audi Favorites for the win Monday 14/08/17 @CPZtweets we need to improve in slow curve our @Ferrari .... Difficult task will be to score in @CPZtweets given the quality of the participating drivers and their cars
    [​IMG]

3. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm enjoying a lot racing here at MNGTC. I found the first race very well organised, with high skill level from all and sportmanship. You can see that everyone here loves racing.

It was the first time I did a rolling start. I think it is a great solution in order to avoid problems at the starts, and given that the races are so long, it would be a pitty to ruin or be ruined in the very first lap. So yeah, great first race overall.

Just like Brands Hatch, Zandvoort appears to be very hard to overtake, so where on this track is it possible?
    If overtaking in Brands Hatch was a hard task, Zandvoort being so tight could be impossible or very risky.

The first corner may be the potential zone to overtake, after the main straight. Another possible zone is before Audi's S (corner 10), if you got good traction at the exit of corner 9...

Taking advantage of mistakes from the driver ahead may be the best way, so PATIENCE is going to be the key word for this race.

Also is going to be important to be lapped correctly.

I think is fun. Not my favourite, as the kerbs of the first sector freak me out. This track doesn't allow you to make mistakes, it requires a lot of concentration.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017 at 08:10
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    My performance was bad, but the overall race was great. No contact glitch like in pCars, great driving by all, and a great diversity of cars on track. Too bad the console version doesn't have more tracks. Now I just need to work on the setup of my GT-R.

Just like Brands Hatch, Zandvoort appears to be very hard to overtake so where on this track is it possible?
    I have been to Circuit Zandvoort multiple times and I know the only decent places for overtaking are at the first corner and the sharp right Nissan corner. Or just wait for your opponent to make a mistake ;)

I bought this game because of the track! I was so happy my home track was finally in a game for PS4. It's a hard track, but I love the variety of corners as well as the elevation differences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mikhail24RD

Mikhail24RD

Ratings:
    +6
    Dear everyone
    With my teammate being not able to race and me having so much stuff to do, it is unfortunate that we will not be racing on today's round. Sorry for the incinconvenience. If you can, you can replace us for the reserve drivers for this race.

We will get ready in the next race as possible. Thanks for hopefully understanding.

Mikhail Jackson (Mikhail24RD)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 09:12
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,901

Who is your teammate?

7. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Well Ben, if you took the logical idea, looked at the points which takes 10s, you know it's Macceronnie, not waiting around all day for an answer that may not come.

8. omari watson 1

omari watson 1

Ratings:
    +79
    Wont be racing tonight. Its a shame as im really good round here....and coz im not racing ill reveal high 1.36's should be the pace

9. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    On other in game settings yes high 36s, on these settings, no way

10. omari watson 1

omari watson 1

Ratings:
    +79
    What settings? Always someone that disagrees lol.

11. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Like time, temp, etc. Adam said he asked jelani and he said in game settings can make up to 2s difference. On other settings Adam & Ben were in 36s, now they nowhere near lol

12. omari watson 1

omari watson 1

Ratings:
    +79
    Yh the variables make the difference....but thats just standard tbh. Colder track faster it is. However 22 degrees isnt exactly baking hot. Jelani isnt wrong. Just saying liam....i have got a lap or two round there on this leagues conditions and a high 36 is not impossible....i promise u. #justsaying lol

Couldnt resist....dont ridicule me its a joke

Snakes are not the fastest animal in the world are they?

Told u ill get u back for that dig lol

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 18:12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Aha i wasn't arguing i was just curious lol. And hey, Adam's the snake ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +171
    You'll be surprised how quickly Snakes can sliver :sneaky:

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Battle with Jaime m8

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +348
    Well that was fun!

Managed to take a 2nd pole from 2 events, with a 37.6, a 37.3 was the maximum, but it was enough.

Man, leading formation laps is fun! Nailed the start, pulled a gap im the first few laps, tyres started to slowly go off, and Kike drove up to me, but i held him off to the stops, i gained about 6s in the stops, and then just controlled it, so i believe Kike was underfueled at the start. A lights to flag victory! But yeah my first proper non sprint win since Sakitto S3! Congrats to Kike on keeping me honest, Screw Adam, he stopped me getting a grand slam.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +14
    Qualy: P3
    Race: P2

What a race! Probably the most fun, hard...very top rivals, and fair battles from the beginning to the end. I couldn't rest any lap.
    First part of the race attacking (yes Liam, half tank) and the second, right after the pits, defending the second position.
    I must say I'm really enjoying this races. The rolling starts are great, there are different strategies for everyone so sometimes you see yourself fast or slow...

Nothing more to say. Just thank you Adam for this race, you've been awesome tonight. And congrats Liam, you really deserved the win!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3 Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    My race ended quite early... i was pissed off for sure, but apology has been made so I'm okay now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  19. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,901

Wow on his screen there is like no contact lol unlucky lance can see why you were angry now

20. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3 Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    Yeah he sent me his pov and basically nothing on his end. Guess I'll leave some extra space next time to accommodate lag

• Like Like x 1