• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Assetto Corsa Mini Season | Round 1 | Brands Hatch GP

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by LIAMATTHURSO, Aug 5, 2017.

Will you be buying F1 2017?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2017.
  1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

30.0%
  3. Maybe

50.0%
  1. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +351
    Race Details

• Time: 1pm
    • Laps: 42
    • Temperature: 22c
    • Track Surface: Green
    • Tyre wear: 200%
    • Fuel rate: 100%

Rules

• A practice session will open at 7pm, all drivers are required to join before the end of practice for the qualifying starting at 8pm
    • Qualifying will be 20 minutes
    • The race will last for approximately 1 hour
    • Assists will be set to factory
    • In game penalties will be off
    • A mandatory tyre change is required

The Track

[​IMG]

Brands Hatch is a motor racing circuit near West Kingsdown in Kent, England. First used as a grasstrack motorcycle circuit on farmland, it hosted 12 runnings of the British Grand Prix between 1964 and 1986 and currently hosts many British and International racing events. Brands Hatch offers two layout configurations: the shorter "Indy Circuit" layout (1.198 miles) is located entirely within a natural amphitheatre offering spectators views of almost all of the shorter configuration from wherever they watch. The longer "Grand Prix" layout (2.433 miles) played host to Formula One racing, including events such as Jo Siffert's duel with Chris Amon in 1968 and future World Champion Nigel Mansell's first win in 1985. Noise restrictions and the proximity of local residents to the Grand Prix loop mean that the number of race meetings held on the extended circuit are limited to just a few per year. The outright lap record for the Grand Prix configuration is 1:09.593, set by Nigel Mansell in his Williams-Honda at the circuit's last Formula One Grand Prix in July 1986. The British Rallycross Circuit at Brands Hatch was designed and constructed by four-times British Rallycross Champion Trevor Hopkins. It is approx. 0.9 miles long and completed around 1981. Unlike earlier rallycross courses at Brands Hatch, cars start on the startline then veer right and downhill on the loose at Paddock Hill Bend. Through the left-right Esses at the bottom, the circuit rejoins the Indy Circuit to travel up and round Druids hairpin, before a 90-degree left through Langley's Gap and across the knife-edge, rejoining the Indy Circuit, but travelling anti-clockwise. From Cooper Straight, the cars swoop up the old link road and back to Paddock.

Hotlap

Questions

Brands Hatch missed out on Season 5, are you happy to be racing it?

How do you rate Assetto to Project Cars?

Are you taking this mini season seriously, or just for fun?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Yes, I love Brands! It should be in every TNGTC season, because it's a tight track, but there are a few places for overtaking. And any mistakes will cost you dearly.

I'm starting to like it more and more. The physics are much better and there is no contact glitch. The only (big) downside is the small amount of available tracks and cars. If the console version would have the same amount as Project Cars, Assetto Corsa would be my favourite for sure. Maybe I should switch to PC gaming...

EDIT: Also, why isn't there a decent app for the console version of AC???

I take all TNGTC seasons seriously, since this is still one of the cleanest leagues out there. If I wouldn't take it seriously, I could just as well race in open lobbies against all the Torpedos and Crashdonado's in the world :O_o:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  3. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +351
    Brands Hatch missed out on Season 5, are you happy to be racing it

I like the track to drive, but it's hard to overtake

The driving is good, hud and UI are useless. Like Frank said, the amount of tracks and cars is laughable

For fun, but i'll still try my best

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikhail24RD

Mikhail24RD

Ratings:
    +8
    Brands Hatch missed on season 5, are you happy to be racing it?

I don't know to be honest. Tight track is all I can
    say.

Idk. Does need more tracks and cars tho

Are you taking this mini season seriously or just for fun?

Well it's more of a learning season for me heading to S6 of the TNGTC in Project Cars 2 and might take time especially using a controller in this season. Hopefully I will not cause any trouble this season

5. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Questions

I like brands but I can't match the times of others here

Depends Assetto's menu's and hud are the work of a blind 2 year old but it drives much better and you can have a bit of rubbing with no issue, I think as a package pcars was better

Racing is racing once the lights go out p1 is all that matters

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +191
    Questions

Is a good track, prefer this layout to the indy also

Not as good as cars in many areas, menus suck, hud sucks, no custom wheel settings etc - sucks, setup screen sucks, lack of tracks suck, only plus is cars don't stick together like cars, also i wouldn't say handling is that much better on assetto feels pretty similar.

No, missing atleast two races, don't think i ever missed a p cars race in all the seasons other than odd internet issue, so yeah is just a time filler for Cars 2 for me.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183

It's a great track, especially now without the stupid kerbing that pcars had.

Handling, it's superior
    graphics, content and options isn't as good as cars of projects

I'll be missing a race or two, so more fun that serious.

8. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,924
    ROUND 1 Race Results

Pole: Liam
    Fastest lap: Gaz

IMG_1677.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. LIAMATTHURSO

LIAMATTHURSO

Ratings:
    +351
    Well that was alright for my first ever proper race on AC. Took pole with 23.3, which isn't bad. The race i pulled a small gap in the first few laps, but then the rear became so unstable about lap 7. Having only done 1 practice session, which was all focused on Q, i didn't expect this. The rear end cost me the lead to Kike. Psn kicked me out my party on lap 17 so had 4 laps of silence until i rejoined it in the pits. After the pits i was visually catching Kike lap by lap, but backmarkers realllllly screwed me, bar @Frank Finch who was great so kudos. If i hadn't made the mistake, or been held up, who knows, maybe a win, but kike drove well.

Here is my livestream for anyone interested

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Q: 7th
    R: 7th

Drove the wheels off the big beast looked in the fight for p4 but I pitted and didn't change my tyres like a noob, pitted next lap and nailed a wall slowing for the pits so had a long stop for repairs. Enjoyed the first stint but was a lonely second stint.

Well done to the winners and thanks to everyone who signed up and raced

Apologies for the delay and messing around but myself and @Ben McCluskey got thrown into the deep end at the last minute. See you all next week

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3

Ratings:
    +457
    Didn't go as planned. Lol. Thought I had brake failure in game but come to find out, my pedals somehow got out of calibration mid race... got the issue fixed so hopefully it won't happen again

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,924

If you need a merc setup I have a good base one

13. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    I've had a brake failure before in the McLaren. Very weird. Travelling in 6th gear slamming the brakes and nothing happens, even on a game that's scary

14. Frank Finch

Frank Finch
    TNGTC | Finch Sim Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +164
    Well that went fantastic :O_o: Had too many spins and severe damage twice, so I retired. Sorry for almost ruining the race for the leaders when I spun out in front of them...
    Need to work on the setup. Loved the rolling start, though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,924

I have a setup for you to ignite lol

16. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +191
    Some dodgy glitches in this game lol

Mine I had no feedback when I come out pits, completely shut off, I spun straight off a t1 and then corner after straight into the barrier, ruined my race ended up like lap down as kept spinning into the barriers with to much turn in, was only in last 5 laps or so managed to stay on track

That's two races in a row it's happened now after I've pitted, had a look on google an found few others have same issue with thrustmaster wheels

Not even f1 is as messed up as this game is,

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ben McCluskey

Ben McCluskey

Ratings:
    +183
    Quali didn't go to plan, couldn't get a decent lap in. Started p11. I knew I couldn't make my way up the grid with force, so decided to just sit back and hope people would make mistakes. This got me to around P7 at the pitstops. However I wasn't able to make my undercut strategy work as I soon found myself in a very intense battle with a Ferrari. That thing accelerates out of a turn so well.
    After this I just brought the car home for 5th as my tyres were destroyed from battling, but a small mistake nearly made Jamie get pass on the last lap.

Now Here are my highlights from last night's race

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lance Loomis

Lance Loomis
    Wooden Spoon Racing #93 Mercedes SLS GT3

Ratings:
    +457
    You running with a t500? That wheel seems to not be supported on the ps4 anymore for some reason. Waiting on Sony and Fanatec to come to an license agreement so they can sell the ps4 wheel in the states.

19. Kike Luna

Kike Luna

Ratings:
    +28
    Qualy: P4
    Race: P1

4th in the qualy, quite far from Liam as he got a second ahead, but I was confident in my race pace.

Nailed the strategy, with 2 soft-tyre stints and constant pace. Took advantage of Adam's early pit-stop and overtook Gaz and Liam as they lost the rear at the same corner :O_o:

The second part of the race Liam was a little bit faster, as I was only thinking about not making mistakes and bring the car safe home with P1. :)

Let's see what Zandvoort awaits!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams

Ratings:
    +191
    Running t300