Assetto Corsa: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and Nurburgring Sprint released

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new version of Assetto Corsa. The popular PC racing simulator now includes the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG car and the Nürburgring Sprint Layout circuit.

The dev team have been working on the delivering next release which is available for free right now with all the announcements and changelog listed below.

Purchase Assetto Corsa from our webshop with 10% discount for premium members.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
The new version includes the most wanted Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: even if the release of the first Mercedes-Benz model licensed for Assetto Corsa was previously scheduled to be included in Assetto Corsa 1.0, we have decided to reward all our fans for the terrific support they gave us during this year, including this content in the current release.

Nurburgring Sprint Layout
The Sprint layout of Nurburgring GP circuit, ideal for quick races and events, is also available as free update. This version includes also some features under the hood that will allow our development team to test the overall compatibility with the aim to release a candidate beta version of Assetto Corsa within some weeks. More details will come soon
Changelog
  • In-game apps must now be enabled in the game's launcher under Options > General
  • Added new car Mercedes SLS
  • Added new track Nurburgring Sprint
  • Tyre model modifications, more direct and "alive" FFB on all cars. We advice less FF "effects"
  • AI modifications for Mercedes SLS AMG & McLaren MP4 12C street
  • fixed drag race
  • all cars with H pattern manual gearbox, when used with paddles, can now enable autocut-off autoblip assist properly. The timings are slower than what you can achieve with an H shifter hardware.
  • Fixed multiplayer leaderboard logic
  • Fixeg bugs in multiplayer GUI
  • Overlay leaderboard implemented (Press F9 to cycle between 4 different modes)
  • Fixed horn & lights in multiplayer
  • Graphics & CPU Performance improvements
  • Multiplayer Blacklist system improved
  • Intro video at first launch, possible to disable it from options
  • Replay Size reduced
  • Replay frame interpolation improved
  • Time Attack : fixed crash when trying to load open tracks & lap estimation formula improved
  • Setup Force Feedback setting page improved
  • ksEditor : notify when skinned mesh is imported with a wrong scale
  • ksEditor : fixed IN/OUT camera normalized start-end position not rendering on spline during camera editing
  • Fixed small random flashes during gameplay
  • Added dedicated leaderboard APP
  • Updated TAB key ingame leaderboard with a new look and functions
  • Skidmarks start shape fixed and rendering is now faster
  • Python apps can be enabled / disabled from the launcher
  • Fixed bug "return to pits and lap counting in some special cases"
  • Added Python camera control
  • Fixed tyres jittering at low speeds
  • Fixed missing wheels when AI car brake its engine and goes to pits
  • Physics related rules : now cars must respect their defined set of rules in order to run on the track
  • Track cameras now place the car in the middle of the screen
  • Post Process App selector : fixed loading of default ppEffects.ini
  • AI improvements
  • Improved Drag AI
  • Skidmarks are now disabled when setting World Detail to minimum
  • - Dynamic track randomness now less pronounced

SNOOPY NORDSLEIFE doesnt work either

what irritates me ,,is that first KUNOS releases modding tools

and then destroys the creations of the people using those.

How the Hell is Kunos supposed to know about every mod in existence for AC and plan their changes to the core engine of the game around those mods? Or would you just prefer that Kunos check with everyone before implementing any changes so as not to break any mods that are unofficial content anyway? Its not Kunos's problem to deal with unofficial content, its the modders responsibility to do that.

Last edited:
How the Hell is Kunos supposed to know about every mod in existence for AC and plan their changes to the core engine of the game around those mods? Or would you just prefer that Kunos check with everyone before implanting any changes so as not to break any mods that are unofficial content anyway? Its not Kunos's problem to deal with non-official content, its the modders responsibility to do that.
I think it has been said already but there is a fix already on the forums

Assetto Corsa 'Fans': KUNOS, GIMME MODDING TLS NOW!!!!
Kunos: Thank you for your request, but we don't think it is smart to release the modding tools now, as Assetto Corsa is still very much in development and core parts of the game will keep on changing until V1.0. This would mean extra time for the modders to fix the mods after an update

Assetto Corsa 'fans': I DONT CARE, I NEED MORE CARS AND TRACKS, GIMME MODDING TOOLS
Kunos: okay okay, you know what, we release a beta of our modding tools, but be aware that AC is not final yet and each update can cause mods to stop working
Assetto corsa 'fans': FINALLY MODDING TLS, SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT MONTHS EARLIER

Kunos releases another free update with more content and bug fixes, and subsequently some mods don't work anymore
Assetto corsa 'fans': JEEZ KUNOS YOU SUCK, WHY DO YOU BREAK THE GAME?!!? AND WHY NO SPA? YOU SHOWD PICS!!!

Sigh, sometimes I wish people have to pass a intelligence test before allowing to put something on the internet :).

Get all kind of different FPS depending on the track with the SLS
Mugello & Monza 30-40fps Nord = 60fps Nurburg = 60fps!

The SLS is the only car that does that for me I am usually on 60 fps on all tracks any car!

My GPU mite not be the best but I can`t understand why this car makes as an huge difference in Fps?

A few comments on the UI:

Wow, that opening video is terrible.
Thank god there is an option to turn it, and any future monstrosities off.

Turning off/on Individual apps on the main settings screen? That screen is going to look pretty busy for a lot of people. I've only got one app installed and the screen is already full.

There is an option in the controls to have KERS and DRS - hadn't noticed these before.

Get all kind of different FPS depending on the track with the SLS
Mugello & Monza 30-40fps Nord = 60fps Nurburg = 60fps!

The SLS is the only car that does that for me I am usually on 60 fps on all tracks any car!

My GPU mite not be the best but I can`t understand why this car makes as an huge difference in Fps?
Never mind apparently an temporary glitch - fixed with an reboot!;)

How do you know when the release date is? Bottom line is we have to be prepared for all mods to break on every update. It's just the nature of being in early access.
their site says FALL 2014 release 1.0

their ideology is to have an environment for modding
and recently they gave green light and released track and modding tools and templates for cars
and even helped some modder releasing their cars

thats why i expect them to make not too drastic changes in formats
and im fond of a few mods i have installed ,so i freaked a bit when they where broken

but im glad setting the ini file to 0 fixed it

Not to offend ...but has anybody here driven the full-size SLS on track?
I ask, because the KS car (at default settings) seems to under-steer quite a bit.
I'm just trying to find out if the real car does as well.
I'm pretty sure it can be 'dialed' out in setup.
Anybody else observe the same handling?

Not to offend ...but has anybody here driven the full-size SLS on track?
I ask, because the KS car (at default settings) seems to under-steer quite a bit.
I'm just trying to find out if the real car does as well.
I'm pretty sure it can be 'dialed' out in setup.
Anybody else observe the same handling?
supposedly the SLS IRL understeers at entry and oversteers at exit. Not a very balanced car afaik...
--I am only repeating what I've heard from reviewers though so, who can tell right,,,

You see already fixing things Kunos most likely tested things on an in-house system that doesn't have all the third party mods most of us public users have so things like this will slip past they are responsible for there own work NOT ours hopefully they will release a work around.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%