Assetto Corsa: McLaren Previews, New Features

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
The showroom visible in some of these pictures is a feature that will be included in the final version of the game. This is a 3D ambient that uses the game engine and allows you to inspect and admire your vehicle collection while listening to your favorite MP3 music playlist, choosing your favorite car color and/or livery, opening and closing doors, getting in and out of the car, turning on headinglights, etc.

The showroom will be also considered as a good tool for modders, who will have the chance to check their work and share screenshots with the community. Modders will be also able to build their own showrooms and 3D garages, that will be compatible with same functions and features allowed in the default one.
Now this is cool stuff, always wondered what that room was.
And the fact that you can make your own should just create an explosion of various warehouses etc that we can have.

Kunos.....please don´t ever stop doing games. This is insane.

As awesome as a "showroom" is don't expect a race against 20 AI to be anything like that screenshot on a regular PC, seems this is purely a beefed up "screenshot" side of the Sim....which of course is very nice and cool to have.

beside the graphics, something I noticed is the weight transfer... EPIC! I think the corner is copse at Silverstone, the fast right hand corner after the old/start finish line... Just like we have seen before, it actually looks like there are physics behind this :p

I really love this shot too...
http://www.racedepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/McLaren-MC12-C-GT3-10.jpg

As awesome as a "showroom" is don't expect a race against 20 AI to be anything like that screenshot on a regular PC, seems this is purely a beefed up "screenshot" side of the Sim....which of course is very nice and cool to have.

I am not seeing anything in the "showroom" which is different to being on track? Opening doors for example also works on track from what we have seen before.. This is not like a "photo mode" ala pcars....

"The showroom visible in some of these pictures is a feature that will be included in the final version of the game. This is a 3D ambient that uses the game engine"

I am not seeing anything in the "showroom" which is different to being on track? Opening doors for example also works on track from what we have seen before.. This is not like a "photo mode" ala pcars....

those two bolded bits to me suggest that it's a beefed up area of the game especially used for "photo mode" ala pCars, I could be totally wrong of course and we'll see later rather than sooner :p

This is the "showroom"

http://www.racedepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/McLaren-MC12-C-GT3-4.jpg

The room is the feature and it´s from what i can read separate from the actual game meaning you can´t drive in and out but it uses the AC engine (obviously)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back