Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12C Screenshot and Video

I have already seen that screenshots to keep hype up scenario before.Well this very well might be of the dev's lighthearted decision to share the newest stuff, but at the same time they have to be consistent.

For the important stuff they announce that in the future there will be a announcement about the future.........

I'm old enough not to get excited by a new screenshot.

I also doubt that AC delays because it is being developed,it might very well be that it is stuck in steam greenlight....

Why don't you just move along then and go play a game that is not trolling you?

I am seriously shocked how some people in the broader sim racing community respond to friendly shared news, whether its AC, R3E, iRacing or Pcars, some people are going completely over the top in their reactions and what for? It's just a game in development that you can enjoy when its finished.

Or do you rather play an unfinished game instead with AI that's broken, multiplayer that isn't working and cars that are 1/2 painted? I am pretty sure people like yourself will then be the first to complain that you've been sold a half-finished game and you want your money back :)

Old story Bram. But well worth to be repeated. :whistling:

Shadow Explorer

You are assuming a lot of things without knowing (or even bother researching) the facts.

If Kunos were a multi-million euro development team (which they aren't) like others in the business you would see hot videos, pimped screenshots, daily dev diarrhea diary's with Ant Davidson and a marketing/communication team that would tweet / facebook nonsense 16 hours a day / 7 days a week on how awesome their game is and how much they really (really!) love you and the rest of their community.

We all know this is a small team working with a limited budget and still manages so far to impress us all with quality screenshots and a free to play tech preview plus the developers (not the marketing team!) still takes the time to occasionally drop by the forums here to answer our questions and keep us up to date on twitter/facebook when they have something new(s) to share.

All gamers that have been at Gamescom in August last year have seen the true faces of Kunos. Stefano, Marco and Aris were there accompanied by Thomas from Fanatec and have worked their asses off to promote their game with a small (but professional) stand in the middle of giant publishers. Everybody who ever worked on a similar expo will know how your feet, legs, torso, head and voice are killing you after standing there for a few hours. These guys have been there all week and they were exhausted but kept friendly (99% sure that Aris is wearing a mask with a smile painted on it) and answered all questions that interested people had and actually took a lot of time to explain the simulator, the game and the groundbreaking technology behind it in details to whoever was interested.

When a small group of people have such sheer dedication and strongly believe in their ow product and vision you better believe its worth the wait regardless the amount of time you have to wait until v1.0

Nobody asks you to get excited, everybody should decide that themselves. Actually if you would be turned off by the screenshots I couldn't care less to be honest but saying that developers, who's task is to build a game and not to inform you or me, are trolling is just silly.

I am sure we will see some videos in the future and if not why don't you volunteer to them to make a few great professional state-of-the-art videos for Kunos? Would love to be trolled back like that t.b.h. so go for it :thumbsup:

I'm not criticizing the game itself,not the team on their actual work on the game. There is nothing bad to be said about those so far.

Some of their decisions are really bothering me though.
Whether I'm fair or not it's for the others to decide,but at this point this is how I see it.
Tomorrow AC might be released,in such case I would have to re-evaluate my thoughts.

Plans for AC clearly changed in the middle of development.While I'm not in position to know if it will be any better for the players.Probably it will be.
Those changes are mostly for AC to gain popularity and bring higher revenue,nothing wrong with that.
The should but at least be kind and inform the people waiting, why they have to wait more. instead they started posting assets once again...

I'm waiting for some of those news announcements (date,release format etc),in order to make my decisions regarding it. I don't have the luxury to buy anything,so this is important for me.
The main reason I considered AC in the first place was retail. not graphics or physics ( we couldn't judge physics back then.)

You seem to care a little about what others think,else it would be a waste your time to make a post like that^^

As for making a video,not really,I prefer to use my free time for my projects.
The only thing stated is that a gameplay with other cars and AI would be good to see,instead of bits and pieces of a car.

The latest I know is that it is said to be available within 2013,which is not really solid.
At least it gives them a big window to aim for. Doesn't really bother me to be honest, i'd love to have it to play now, but I have other things to do and worry about. They already have my money guaranteed, the prospect of Ferrari's and laser scanned tracks is a dream that I cannot pass up on. I hear that one of the reasons behind the delay is that they are adding a career mode, which I am slightly ambivalent on as its probably a feature I won't use all that much, but maybe I will, who knows, and i'm sure others will use it, so that's a fair admission.

I'm with you a bit Shadow Explorer.

Without a brief, the end result is just a set of moving goal posts.

I've already seen it moving around from my perspective.

But that is maybe an important thing for a small team, they need to go with the flow and some floating sensations may be apparent as they kinda sense what the market wants and change to suit it.

Who knows if it's good or not.

But the teaser video isn't really impressive is it?

I'd prefer to hear how have they done the code for the MP4 12C suspension? Have they implemented the real effects via damping systems? Or just bodged it? Any sign of the code, even pseudo code for us to get excited over?

It's these things that will make me stand up and say "yes, AC is gonna be amazing"

A video of a spoiler moving and a screen shot isn't really hard for anyone to achieve these days, never mind a manufacturer supported developer.

Is an MP4 12C really going to be simulated like a 12C? A full system or overlay just for this car? Or just fudged within the existing suspension engine?

Dave

The demo contains only one small track and a car.
it is a very good indicator that the final game will be nice but only that.
as good as it is, I find the experience to lap suzuka with an SGT machine in GTR2 much more interesting.

@ Dave, spot on, this kind of information would be really nice and even useful for modding.

I've not played the demo. Having to pay for it kinda defeats the object.

I liked the old netKar demo from ages ago with the Zonda/F360 etc though... a very nice feeling physics engine... so if it's anything like that I'd be pretty happy.

An Elise is a good car to demo because it's rwd but moderately powered, with no assists anywhere to be seen so hopefully responding genuinely.

However on the other hand it's also low-tech so no troublesome electronics that they need to simulate right.

It's cars like the 12C that I think might just have generic bodged over the top systems rather than those that really try emulate the real thing... news about such things would be much more appealing to me for sure :D

It could look amazing but drive nothing like the real thing.

Dave

I've not played the demo. Having to pay for it kinda defeats the object.

I liked the old netKar demo from ages ago with the Zonda/F360 etc though... a very nice feeling physics engine... so if it's anything like that I'd be pretty happy.

It is not a Demo. It's a tech preview and supporters of Kunos get it as thanks.

A demo is coming later.

So stop complaining about nonsense.

It is not a Demo. It's a tech preview and supporters of Kunos get it as thanks.

A demo is coming later.

So stop complaining about nonsense.

I'm not complaining just observing.

It was a method to collect revenue to continue their pursuit of their end goal. Nothing wrong with that but it does mean that we can't all judge the final product based on a 'preview' that not everyone has had the chance to get access to.

So for now I think it's valid that people judge the game based on what they have only seen because for many that is all they can get access to, what KS pump out.

Glad to see the colouring looking a bit less yellowy though. I'm sure the McLaren video looks more natural colour balanced now :)

Dave

the TP is not to judge at all... is a tech preview... and it was a benchmark for them to know where they need to work on the graphics engine and bug hunting such stuff...

it is not a demo.. so you shouldn't judge at all..

also you don't pay for the TP... you pay for NKP ... that is the game you are buying not the TP... the TP is just a little bonus on top

There is one more thing about not having concrete news about the date of release:

Expecting the AC to be released before summer I started building a new PC to be ready for the great event (some parts already ordered)! If this game is going to be released after "months" from now, that changes everything, new hardware (GPU - CPU's) will be available and the old mighty ones will be selling cheaper, so I don't feel so comfortable with this situation:(.

(sorry for my off topic)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back