Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Video

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Video

[youtube]

On Youtube this video was released of the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 racing around the laserscanned Silverstone Circuit with all driving assist disabled using a Logitech G27 steeringwheel.

Marco Massarutto of Kunos is the driver and he used the following hardware configurations:
  • Intel Quad Core
  • 4 GB Ram
  • GeForce GTX 560

Ingame graphics detail level: mid (1920x1080, Anisotropic filtering 8, 4xAA, 4xFXAA, car reflections:...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
yep that looks amazing, graphics look superb, car behaviour looked great. Couple of points though:

- No tire deformations, was hoping to see this in v1.0. Don't know the ins and outs of tire modelling but hope it wont mean waiting too long after initial release.
- Is that their version of Real Road or just track texture placement? hard to tell, could be early workings of a real dynamic rubbering track. Again if not this is something I would like to see very soon after release.
- Undercar shadows looked spot on, the car looks like it's on the track and not "floating" above it.

Kunos is evil. I've figured it out. They have a big evil mystical machine that sucks our desire, excitement, anxiety, and impatience, and feeds it to their evil demon god. They keep our levels of anxiety up by releasing these awesome videos and screenshots. Resistance is futile.

The car looks so natural on the track. Laser scanned goodiness, no flat bland track surface here, that bumpy track has character. Please release now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%