Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 0%
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900

Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced

Force Feedback Gain: 85% (the overall strength of all effects).
Filter: 0% (helps to smooth out FFB effects).
Damping: 0% (helps by deadening the feel of the wheel and FFB effects).
Minimum Force: 5% (can assist with G27 deadzone issue & enhance FFB).

Kerb effects: adjust to personal taste ('rumble' effect caused by driving across a kerb).
Road effects: adjust to personal taste (additional wheel vibration to simulate the road/track surface).
Slip effects: adjust to personal taste (additional FFB effects to simulate a loss of traction).

Last edited:
Given their 'recommended' settings posted earlier (if they are really from KS) I'd argue that they are indeed using some of these effects.
What are you on about? The wheel settings that were posted, including the screenshots of the in-game and profile settings, are direct from Kunos!

<mod edit: no need for a third time as you can post them here as well, thats what the forum is for :)>

But they contradict each other.

So 75% of 0.1 dampening is 0.075 dampening units, while the other is 0.12 of 100% damping effect, so 0.12 dampening units.

So approaching 75% more damping in one setting vs the other, and no filtering?

I'd really prefer AC to tell me exactly how it should feel. All the control panel settings are non-required to be tuned. It's just like saying for the volume to be right you must set the speaker value in Windows to be 75% for it to sound right. They are just multipliers on the values the game sends to the DirectPlay drivers.

I'll have to post a video because to me the FF still see-saws left and right a lot in a straight line, doesn't self-centre very well, and there is clattering when coming to a dead stop with ABS, none of which feel very 'realistic' to me so far, even with those settings above.

Hmmm

Dave

Hi guys, my wheel settings (g27) in the official forum thread are PERSONAL, not official or whatever. There are no official settings, because the feedback is too much subjective. And I can assure you will change again in the future. :D

Luca,

have you considered testing the logitech profile with force around 101-110%? As the logitech software has a widely known "bug" at the 100%, giving less ffb near the center.
And then possibly leaving the centering spring off.

Yes JvMr, I've tested many combinations of values.
By the way, with next release I'll post my new settings.
Just a tip: if you set dampening to 100% in the logitech profiler and dampening 0% in the game, the result is 0%. Same thing swapping values.
The spring effect strength is disabled in game, you can leave it to 100% too.
So I can confirm you can leave all values to 100% in the logitech profiler (or 101% about the force if you like it) and configure the force feedback in AC according to your tastes.

Thanks for the clarification on the control panel elements.

That 100% bug sounds interesting... I'll have to test here with some apparatus to see.

Not sure i agree on the subjectivity part though for damping and filtering. It's either how you designed it to feel or not.
To allow users to pick bad values and assume this is 'realistic' is dangerous.

I agree we all have tastes but there should be defaults you guys recommend as you have all the wheels, high end, low end, etc etc and have a damn good position to make that recommendation!
We can tweak from there if we feel strongly about it.

It either feels like you intend it to feel or not. What presence is there except feeling like you intended it to feel to be as realistic as possible?

Dave

Yes JvMr, I've tested many combinations of values.
By the way, with next release I'll post my new settings.
Just a tip: if you set dampening to 100% in the logitech profiler and dampening 0% in the game, the result is 0%. Same thing swapping values.
The spring effect strength is disabled in game, you can leave it to 100% too.
So I can confirm you can leave all values to 100% in the logitech profiler (or 101% about the force if you like it) and configure the force feedback in AC according to your tastes.
Sooooo... Are we getting the "canned(direct)" FFB this Friday? :)

Hey guys, so I just got the game, and i've set up the profiler with help from the recommendations on the G27 thread, but when I click to launch the game from the profiler I get the following error:

Untitled.png

Anybody know why this might be the case? It launches fine from the game's shortcut on the desktop, but it won't launch from the Logitech Profiler.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi folks!
Is there any chance I can drive the cars with a Logitech profiler setting of 220° rotation? I can't find an ingame option to adjust the in-car movement accordingly neither in calibration settings nor in the car setup menu.
This way, when I move the wheel slightly, the driver moves his wheel massively. Undriveable atm.
I'd so much like to not set Logitech software to 900° for one single game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back