• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Assetto Corsa Launcher freezes after sessions

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by ltcars, Oct 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ian Cameron

Ian Cameron

Ratings:
    +57
    Have tried every suggestion I can find but nothing works. Now AC is unplayable as it crashes to black screen every time I exit from a session.
    I have triple screens, latest Nvidia drivers. Matters not whether I launch from default or Content Manager, F11 does not work nor enabling or disabling Game mode.
    I'm now at my wits end, need to find a solution to this. Anyone!!!

2. kore

kore

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't know if anyone has find the same solution as me already, but this is what I've found: in a multi-screen setup, after the W10 'creators' update, when a session is finished in AC and it returns to the Launcher it appears to be frozen (or 'un-clickable') but it's only some kind of W10 glitch due to multi-screen. In my particular case, I use two screens for work but only run AC in one of them. Solution: everytime I want to play, I go to the Nvidia control panel and disable my second screen. Then I run AC in my main screen as usual and this launcher problem is gone!

In other words, if you have two screens buy only use one to play, that's the problem. Disable your second screen via Nvidia control panel or unplug the HDMI :roflmao:. Maybe there's an easier solution, maybe it's just a W10 'creators' glitch, but for now..that's what I have.

[​IMG]

3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    It's been mentioned in this thread before.

Personally, I much prefer running the launcher windowed, because there's a reason I have a second screen, I don't want to disable it.

4. kore

kore

Ratings:
    +4
    If I hit F11 in the launcher, nothing happens. Is there another way to trigger the windowed mode?
    EDIT: ok, seems to work

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium

Ratings:
    +410
    Why don't you guys read the whole thread first, before making an effort to post such nonsene?

Just disable fullscreen rendering in the AC options for now.
    When the next patch hits, make sure you active it again.

6. jemmari

jemmari

Ratings:
    +24
    I have this problem, and I have tried all the above. is there anything that could help the problem?