Assetto Corsa Launcher freezes after sessions

As described in the headline, if I come back from a session (I tried Hotlap and Standard), the Launcher freezes, not showing any signs of overload. I got the issues since I've updated Windows 10 last update (the Fall Creators Update), but I can't figure out any context to that. I did the Steam integrity check but it didn't help. What can I do?

Default Launcher or content manager?
Please install the demo of content manager and check if that works or not.

The Launcher is afaik a quite "graphical" thing and my experience is that Windows 10 likes to get hick-ups with these things...

Default Launcher or content manager?
Please install the demo of content manager and check if that works or not.

The Launcher is afaik a quite "graphical" thing and my experience is that Windows 10 likes to get hick-ups with these things...
Thank you for the response, I have CM installed but I didn't use it for driving, will have a look

Same thing happened to me last night after the big Windows update.
Can't really tell you what exactly fixed it but I also had to re-do the calibrations of the wheel and pedals and I swapped the windows default screen from 1 to 2 and back in the meantime.
Afterwards the launcher didn't freeze up anymore.

@Andreas Knöpke Could you perhaps elaborate a bit more on what "GAMES settings thingy" are you talking about? Cheers.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess you're talking about the Gaming settings options. I have the second option (Show game bar in games Microsoft has verified) checked and the launcher still stops responding to upon leaving the track :(

Last edited:
Same issue here, the launcher doesn't freeze per say, but the clicks go through it (they will register on the window opened behind the launcher and tab out of it). If I right click/exit program in the task bar, the "do you want to exit" dialog pops into the launcher, but all my clicks go through it to whatever is behind it x_x

It seems to me there have been some changes with the way fullscreen programs behave, compared to how it used to be. It now regularly happens to me that if I move my mouse to the left side of the screen while in a fullscreen app/game, my dock (which is set to "always on top") pops up, which it never did before.

So with the AC launcher, it kinda seems as if it appears it is on top of all the other apps, but in reality, when I try to click on it, I'm clicking on whatever's "below it", be it a browser window or a desktop. So it's not really frozen, there just seems to be no way to click on it.

(And no, before anyone asks - my dock isn't the issue, I've tried. I've tried most of what I could think of or what people have suggested on the internet, no dice.)

BTW does anyone else suffering from these issues have dual screen (multi screen?) setup? It's kinda starting to seem like it's related to dual screen setups and the problem supposedly goes away if you just use single screen.

I've tried to run the game with a single screen setup (as opposed to my regular dual screen - game only on one monitor) and it does indeed fix this issue for me.

Last edited:
BTW does anyone else suffering from these issues have dual screen (multi screen?) setup? It's kinda starting to seem like it's related to dual screen setups and the problem supposedly goes away if you just use single screen.

I've tried to run the game with a single screen setup (as opposed to my regular dual screen - game only on one monitor) and it does indeed fix this issue for me.
I use single screen, but have a smaller screen as well, which I don't use for AC

Just a hour ago I formatted my PC to W10 Build 1703 (Not FALL Creators Update) and the launcher seems to be fine, but I have another problem, in this vesion and the updated version of W10 FFB does rare moves. When I keep the steeing (T500RS) in the middle, it starts vibrating (it starts when the car passes 3km/h) rare rare... Anyway, i'm gonna create a post asking for help. But the launcher issue is because of the W10 Fall Update.
Cheers.

BTW, alternative workaround suggested on AC forums that works for me - switch the launcher to windowed mode by pressing F11. Then it responds to mouse even after leaving the race.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years