Assetto Corsa: In-Game Showroom Video

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: In-Game Showroom Video

[youtube]

Part six of the dev video series for Assetto Corsa is out. In this episode the developers show the in-game showroom functionality.

The Pagani Huayra is the star of this video to show this feature included in the sim thanks to all the different materials that have been used to build this supercar car.

The video shows only some basic functionality of the showroom, but it's possible to change the sense of rotation and speed and the camera...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Really needs easing when the camera changes direction and a sort of free cam mode where you can just fly around at a slow speed.

Mind you I'd rather be driving cars than looking at them ,though I'm sure this will make the game more appealing to many people which can only be a good thing!

One of the big ideas behind this showroom is that it uses the ingame engine. This is VERY helpful for modders to look at their vehicles and evaluate them.
In rFactor 1 this showroom was a separate model and didn't use the ingame engine so the showroom was of no real use.

same **** as forza 4 useless thing to try sell to people

Shotsighted ey? :)

The showroom is a pretty handy tool for modders, and people who like to make Skins. Especially as you can cycle through skins real time, I'd imagine this is a great tool to judge to your skins!

And even better if people can make their own personalized garage to drool at the cars they made themselves. Rather epic I'd say.

sorry for coming across like a troll guys. My own opinion i actually should have kept to myself, all the excellent modders in the community do very good jobs and i do now realise this tool would be a good thing to use and this should have no comparison to forza 4 at all. Much respect to the the modding community and all the great work these developers give us sim racers :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%