Assetto Corsa Free Bonus Pack 2 Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Coming on March 31st, Kunos Simulazioni have today revealed details of the second free bonus car pack to hit the popular Italian racing simulator, Assetto Corsa.

Featuring the Corvette C7 Stingray, Ford Mustang and Fiat Abarth 595 alongside a new desert style 'Black Cat County' track, Bonus Pack 2 is a nice addition for fans to enjoy alongside all the promised goodies due to come in the Version 1.5 release on the same date.

AC Bonus Pack 2.jpg

Black Cat County is a new and attractive-looking fictional circuit that will come in three configurations and could well prove to be a wonderful playground for those with a leaning towards sideways drift-style action in the game.

The Fiat Abarth will form part of the Xbox One and PS4 release content due to launch on June 3rd in Europe and June 7th in North America with the C7 Stingray and Ford Mustang coming to console in the ‘Prestige Pack’ pre-order incentive at select retailers.

Don't forget to have a look at our recent exclusive interview for discussions around the console release and check out our Assetto Corsa forums and Racing Club for great online racing against your fellow sim drivers.

Looking forward to version 1.5 and the free bonus content? Enjoying the game so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Wow you must think you're a special snow flake :p

See this logic, if the people who like AC are all sheep, then couldn't the people who dislike AC also be sheep? Since both are following a shepherd, just that each flock to its shepherd.
If you think people who dislike AC don't follow any shepherd but its their personal opinion, couldn't those who enjoy AC not be following any shepherd as well but be their personal opinion?

• Deleted member 130869

I will give this track a shot but I don't believe I'll be driving anything from this pack. By the way, you do not need laser scan data if you have good survey information. You'd still ideally need to make it to the track to at least get photos so the recreation can be faithful.

Apparently everyone who dislike AC is a troll, so...

Btw this is just because AC has success ;) ;)
Who said that? And if you saw someone say that, does that represent the opinion of everyone?

The problem with people who "dislike" AC is that they think are the enlightened ones. And everyone else is the sheep. Generalizations don't always work.

I will give this track a shot but I don't believe I'll be driving anything from this pack. By the way, you do not need laser scan data if you have good survey information. You'd still ideally need to make it to the track to at least get photos so the recreation can be faithful.
You won't even drive the cars to try them?

wow to the angry votes on my comment... whats the problem? you really want to say how great it is to get such ****? ok its free but who needs street cars? if i want to drive streetcars i would buy gt because there i would have 500 more of them... or nfs because i can add some nice bumpers there :p

i bought ac as sim and was hyped at the early access and now i get more and more tired of this game... just like pcars another semisemisemiiwanttobeasimbutimjustagraphicsblenderandwitheverynewdlckunosisloughinglouder...

If you dont like it you dont have to drive it. Most people love road cars and an official ROAD TRACK in the game. I cant understand why you are crying.. Did you forget all the upcoming RACE CARS 2016 or don't you know that there is coming a lot of race cars THIS year to AC?! :geek:

But in one thing you are damn right: Project Cars SUCKS!:poop::poop::poop: I should have safe the money and better got some beer for it :roflmao::D

But in one thing you are damn right: Project Cars SUCKS!:poop::poop::poop: I should have safe the money and better got some beer for it :roflmao::D
<snip> I spend >670 hours in AC and >310 hours in pCars and i love them both. But in terms of physics pCars is clearly much more complex than AC and certainly not made for stupid people in terms of handling cars. Setup the wheel is tricky, but setup a car is like in rF2 and can take hours. I think it´s in physics even better than rF2, especially with the differential settings and handling cars in the rain. But AC is awesome too regardless of some lack of physics-simulations like break temps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the trailer :)

Not at all excited about the content, but i'm a racer in my heart and those road cars just don't cut it for me. But for the AC userbase this seems to be just the right car selection.

wow to the angry votes on my comment... whats the problem? you really want to say how great it is to get such ****? ok its free but who needs street cars? if i want to drive streetcars i would buy gt because there i would have 500 more of them... or nfs because i can add some nice bumpers there :p

i bought ac as sim and was hyped at the early access and now i get more and more tired of this game... just like pcars another semisemisemiiwanttobeasimbutimjustagraphicsblenderandwitheverynewdlckunosisloughinglouder...
You...are clearly a troll who gets a hardon from hating on Kunos. It's clear you can't tell the difference between a bumper-car simcade like GT from a quality sim like AC. Now does that mean AC is the best sim ever? Of course not...in fact, no public sim is; the private sims ordered by teams and manufacturers are. Yet AC is still a serious cut above the rest because the internal math and core physics are legit.

Who needs street cars? I just got off a forum thread where people were happy about the new road cars, tired of race hardware. Unlike most other games, ALL cars have relevance in AC because of the deep physics engine which makes them interesting and challenging to drive--hardly the cardboard boxes from FM or GT.

AC fans don't go on other game pages to offer weak-minded criticism...neither should you come here and be that one guy who has to swim against the tide just because... If AC doesn't give you vibes, fine. But don't take your obviously isolated position and post nonsense on a thread designed to celebrate and discuss another Kunos achievement.

Well, Kunos added "Your racing simulator" to the title.
One can argue where "racing" starts especially as there are championshps for roadcars, but getting tired of racing series in a sim where the subtitle says "Your racing simulator", well, don't know how i'd treat the opinion of those guys ....

But AC has been a mix of racing cars and road cars from the start and that was never held secret by Kunos, so complaining about the fact that there are road cars in AC is a bit strange :)
We've also already seen with every DLC ever released that Kunos tends to release more road cars than race cars.

Well, Kunos added "Your racing simulator" to the title.
One can argue where "racing" starts especially as there are championshps for roadcars, but getting tired of racing series in a sim where the subtitle says "Your racing simulator", well, don't know how i'd treat the opinion of those guys ....
I like simulating racing road cars, that's what the subtitle means to me, I can race whatever I want... if it was "FIA racing series simulator" then sure I would be fine with it being only officially sanctioned championships and a bunch of GT cars, but it's not.

Anyway when you look at the sim market, there are 4 sims who focus 95-100% on race cars, and 1 sim who is only 50% race cars... if you like race cars you have some good options, if you like road cars, there's AC.

AC can also handle track days (or Nordschleife Touristenfahrt) to a much greater extent than other sims, do you know how popular those servers are? There's clearly a market for it.

Last edited:
neither should you come here and be that one guy who has to swim against the tide just because...
So if you have nothing with road cars you are swimming against the tide? Then I'll happily swim along as I have nothing with road cars either. I bought in on a racing simulator with good physics and the focus on .... racing. Not on a virtual garage with a collection of road cars.

AC fans don't go on other game pages to offer weak-minded criticism
So because of my preference of having real racing cars I need to bugger off and discuss other sims? I am just as passionate for the (original) game (idea) as you are but down the line when development progresses I am getting disappointed with the end result. AC hasn't become what I expected from it (the natural successor of GTR2).

As a paying customer and supporter I am fully entitled to say that and so are others. We can debate how some people give their feedback but that is a different discussion imo.

AC can also handle track days (or Nordschleife Touristenfahrt) to a much greater extent than other sims, do you know how popular those servers are? There's clearly a market for it.
I never understood the love for Nordschleife so i never join those Touristenfahrten servers :)

But not arguing with you here over AC's content, i have no doubts many people like road car racing, it's just nothing for me and obviously also not for PATRIOT :)
For us there are the race cars :)

Honestly I couldn't care less (@Ryan Ogurek :p) about the cars coming in 1.5, although the little Fiat could be barrels of fun :D, but hey-ho, free content is free content. I'm not going to say no.

I'm more interested in the meat (features and functions) they're adding to the games' skeleton as right now it's pretty light on.

<snip> I spend >670 hours in AC and >310 hours in pCars and i love them both. But in terms of physics pCars is clearly much more complex than AC and certainly not made for stupid people in terms of handling cars. Setup the wheel is tricky, but setup a car is like in rF2 and can take hours. I think it´s in physics even better than rF2, especially with the differential settings and handling cars in the rain. But AC is awesome too regardless of some lack of physics-simulations like break temps.

Any tips on setting up a wheel for pCars? I've never managed to get a good FFB experience from pCars and so almost never play it though would like to give it another chance as there's a good variety of tracks and cars and it will also support Oculus CV1 from day 1.

Mod edit: please use the PCars forum http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/project-cars.146/ There are many threads about FFB there

Last edited by a moderator:
Now does that mean AC is the best sim ever? Of course not...in fact, no public sim is; the private sims ordered by teams and manufacturers are. Yet AC is still a serious cut above the rest because the internal math and core physics are legit.
Dozens of threads in the Assetto Corsa forum come to my mind that suggest quite the opposite...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 253 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 230 13.8%