Assetto Corsa Founder Stefano Casillo's Sunday Chit Chat Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Stefano Casillo Live Stream - Assetto Corsa.png

Kunos Simulazioni founder and Lead Programmer Stefano Casillo has produced another interesting fan livestream, taking time out to discuss Assetto Corsa, answer some questions and even play a little bit of guitar!

Unscripted live discussion in a similar format to the recent 'Look What the Cat Hacked In' episodes, Casillo has taken the initiative into his own hands a released the first of a new series of Sunday evening streaming's, where he discusses points of interest in the world of Assetto Corsa and takes questions from the sim racing community. Already well know for his prolific guitar playing skills, Casillo even found a bit of time to blast out some tunes during the 1 hour 26 minute video.

Check out the full video below -

Sunday Chit Chat, Talk, Answer and Play Guitar Video - 28/08/2016

Assetto Corsa is available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Europe and will launch in North American Tuesday 30th August. Version 1.8 of Assetto Corsa for PC is available right now via the Steam store.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding Assetto Corsa on PC and console. Have a browse through our high quality mods available to download, share your work in our modding discussion forum and best of all, take part in some of our regular high quality club racing events.

Did you enjoy the latest chat video from Casillo? Learn anything new or exciting? Enjoying AC 1.8 on PC or the new console versions of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

It's funny how the courtesy of being able to say what you want and calling it as you see it, apparently is not afforded to those who bought the game without being berated by people who disagree with their views.

Beware the frothing fanbois.

I have a lot of time for the Kunos crew, but there are times when I just shake my head. If you are going to get down in the gutter with the trolls, you can only expect the vitriol that follows.

As for people taking offense, well, George...

dc053566cd9341d8c32f3d90055fa472.jpg

It's funny how the courtesy of being able to say what you want and calling it as you see it, apparently is not afforded to those who bought the game without being berated by people who disagree with their views.

its not the same position ma man... he has a million euro company and public reputation at stake vs punks with $100 invested and annonymous nicknames.
and its not a reaction to 'pple disagreeing with their views' its a reaction to constant internet bully drama, which is just a direct consequence of having an open door relation with the comunity, i mean they update more then i've ever seen!
..i mean dude is thinking about making sail boat simulations!
you know how irrational that sounds? the creator of one of the best car racing physics simulations in the last 10 years retired from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims due to community drama.

if i was him (which im not) if i ever get tired i would close shop and keep selling my simulation to ferrari and porsche, i bet they pay more than $2.99 for 3 cars. :rolleyes:

if i was him (which im not) if i ever get tired i would close shop and keep selling my simulation to ferrari and porsche, i bet they pay more than $2.99 for 3 cars. :rolleyes:

They did that, then Ferrari decided they weren't good enough. Plus if he doesn't want to put up with all the drama they can just hire a PR person, like all other professional companies. and I mean thy are a million euro company so they can afford it.

its not the same position ma man... he has a million euro company and public reputation at stake vs punks with $100 invested and annonymous nicknames.
and its not a reaction to 'pple disagreeing with their views' its a reaction to constant internet bully drama, which is just a direct consequence of having an open door relation with the comunity, i mean they update more then i've ever seen!
you know how irrational that sounds? the creator of one of the best car racing physics simulations in the last 10 years retired from car racing sims to create Sail Boat sims due to community drama.

Adrian Newey, the greatest aerodynamicist of all time, (temporarily) quit making Red Bull's F1 cars because he wanted to build racing yachts. I'll let him know that the Internets think he's being irrational. :thumbsup: Why can a man have only one interest? He didn't say he was about to start making a sail boat game, he was talking about what he might like to do after he's done with racing sims. What's wrong irrational about thinking about the future?

How on earth is someone being a wanker 'refreshing'?? The only way you could interpret that is that you don't want anyone to ever be nice to each other or polite cause thats too stale. That is absolutely no reason for being a jerk, and not having simple manners is not 'overly politically correct' its just having manners, you know, that thing everyone should have.

You do realize they only respond like that when somebody has been a jerk to them for no reason( which you're clearly against), right? Why should they be polite when people instead on continuing to be jerks to them? They tried that, didn't work, because people are jerks.

Kunos themselves decided to enter the console market, opening themselves up to whatever may arise out of it. As far as public reputation: he has a funny way of going about it, which is his prerogative, no arguments there. One would expect a grown man to be able to stay out of the "Internet bully drama", perhaps not.

No matter the money invested, these "punks" are his customers, how Kunos wishes to treat these customers is another thing. All things considered, and what the game is in it's current state on console: all of this is not a huge surprise and was to be expected. Anyway, I wish him luck should he venture in sailboat simulations, Adrian Newey seemed to be distracted by boats when F1 became too boring, so he's in good company :)

Adrian Newey, the greatest aerodynamicist of all time, (temporarily) quit making Red Bull's F1 cars because he wanted to build racing yachts. I'll let him know that the Internets think he's being irrational. :thumbsup: Why can a man have only one interest? He didn't say he was about to start making a sail boat game, he was talking about what he might like to do after he's done with racing sims. What's wrong irrational about thinking about the future?

you didnt get my point, its irrational that internet drama would make one consider stop making something you love to do. my blame is on the anonymous punks for pushing him towards that. I totally understand his frustration.

You do realize they only respond like that when somebody has been a jerk to them for no reason( which you're clearly against), right? Why should they be polite when people instead on continuing to be jerks to them? They tried that, didn't work, because people are jerks.

1) Just cause someone else is being a jerk, that does not in any way legitimise you being a jerk. In fact stooping to the same level means that you are no better than them, no more responsible, and only serves to further legitimise their complaint.

2) The people being jerks are dumb, moronic internet commenters but who have also given THEM their money for the software. They are professionals who have a responsibility to handle it maturely and in a responsible manner and act responsibly towards a consumer. If this attitude was taken in any other industry the public outrage would ruin the company.

3) People who have bought a product have a right to complain. A developer who has received money from a consumer does not get to tell that said consumer to then F-off when they voice genuine issues with the product they paid for. Your argument would only be valid if AC was free, not if it is a purchased product. What you effectively am saying is that if you went to Mcdonalds, found a band-aid in your burger, the person at the counter has every right to tell you to F-off and swear at you, heck they even have a right to say that if you complain that they put gherkin on when you didn't want it.

In short, a company (and anyone communicating for said company) has far more riding on public image than a single individual unassociated with the company. Thus they are held to a higher standard than an average joe, not to mention they have far better resources to ensure that all communication is proper and not offensive.

Oh and I never said in my original post that the commenters were in the right by being rude, only that the same rule of being polite also applies to the developers as well. AKA they don't have an excuse for being jerks.

Last edited:
2) The people being jerks are dumb, moronic internet commenters but who have also given THEM their money for the software. They are professionals who have a responsibility to handle it maturely and in a responsible manner and act responsibly towards a consumer. If this attitude was taken in any other industry the public outrage would ruin the company.
No, if it was taken in any other industry, the same thing would happen - the customer would get a mouthful, and not be welcome to buy the product in the future.

If you go into a restaurant and loudly shout "the burgers are made of horse" you will absolutely get banned. Saying "AC is simcade" on the official forums is not better. Doesn't matter if you already bought their food or not.

No, if it was taken in any other industry, the same thing would happen - the customer would get a mouthful, and not be welcome to buy the product in the future.

If you go into a restaurant and loudly shout "the burgers are made of horse" you will absolutely get banned. Saying "AC is simcade" on the official forums is not better. Doesn't matter if you already bought their food or not.

No, if you did that in that happened in a restaurant, and the chef,owner, who ever then went on and swore and abused the person in front of all the other customers, people would leave the restaurant.

btw... just to start a rumour :whistling::
at 25:20
'....the other option is that we stop developing assetto corsa and we start working on something else.. wether that something else is going to be assetto corsa 2?
...is it going to be assetto corsa with some championship license,
is it going to be netkar pro 2, is it going to be a sailing simulator...'

well to me that sounds like 4 confirmed tm in 1 phrase! :roflmao:... ill take all 4 in early access thank you.

They did that, then Ferrari decided they weren't good enough. Plus if he doesn't want to put up with all the drama they can just hire a PR person, like all other professional companies. and I mean thy are a million euro company so they can afford it.

I was banned from their forum, but I rather have a developer that trully says what he thinks, sometimes with his meltdowns, than some dude that professionally brings nothing but programmed politically correct answers.

they can just hire a PR person, like all other professional companies.
They have a new PR person that is in charge of the official AC social media channels along with moderating the console lounge in the official forums and she will be glad to answer people with the same generic copy and paste answers over and over, so there you go. Stay off of the developers personal pages and you will have a much better chance of not being offended.

1) Just cause someone else is being a jerk, that does not in any way legitimise you being a jerk. In fact stooping to the same level means that you are no better than them, no more responsible, and only serves to further legitimise their complaint.

3) People who have bought a product have a right to complain. A developer who has received money from a consumer does not get to tell that said consumer to then F-off when they voice genuine issues with the product they paid for. Your argument would only be valid if AC was free, not if it is a purchased product. What you effectively am saying is that if you went to Mcdonalds, found a band-aid in your burger, the person at the counter has every right to tell you to F-off and swear at you, heck they even have a right to say that if you complain that they put gherkin on when you didn't want it.

In short, a company (and anyone communicating for said company) has far more riding on public image than a single individual unassociated with the company. Thus they are held to a higher standard than an average joe, not to mention they have far better resources to ensure that all communication is proper and not offensive.

Oh and I never said in my original post that the commenters were in the right by being rude, only that the same rule of being polite also applies to the developers as well. AKA they don't have an excuse for being jerks.
You're generalizing the complaints, the ways they complained, and devs answer to that. With several of the complaints and bug/issue reports, they accepted and improved, tried to, or didn't justify to do anything.
You can see the same example of how he took well the complaints for console release, in the last stream he did on youtube. If your generalization was valid, we wouldn't see that on video or other posts. What we're talking about here are special cases and usually don't come from one post. They usually come from dragged out situations of posts and replies about the same subject.

He never quit designing cars for Red Bull, he only reduced his working hours so he could split his time between F1 and helping Jaguar. Now that 2017 poses some serious aerodynamic levels, he's back working full time on the 2017 car.

Nor has Stefano quit AC to make a sailing simulator, nor did he say in the stream that he was going to do so like Pablo suggested. Saying "hmmm, in the future I may like to do a sailing simulator, it's something I've thought about" does not equal "I'm quitting AC to make a sailing simulator because internet trolls".

I'm aware of Newey's activities and glad he's going to get more involved with the cars again. But a year or two ago he was talking about quitting to make racing yachts and Red Bull were even going to build him a place to work on it, so the comparison was valid (if not totally accurate).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back