Assetto Corsa: First footage of Zandvoort and Toyota GT86

Chris

Premium
The first moving pictures of Zandvoort and the Toyota GT86 have appeared online early this morning when Stefano Casillo - Kunos Simulazioni's head honcho - was broadcasting the sixth installment in a series of live coding sessions.

These livestreams are somewhat of a groundbreaking venture as very few developers, in any gaming genre, have actually provided a livestream for their methods and thought processes when developing their software. The videos are insightful as to the possible future direction that Assetto Corsa could take, and the current state of development and progress that the game is in. Casillo structures the videos by dedicating approximately 60-90 minutes to coding, and then a further 30 minutes to answering questions that viewers put to him in the live chatbox.

In the video above, one viewer asks if it is possible for Casillo to perform a demo-lap around the much anticipated circuit park Zandvoort, which is due for arrival in the next patch. Casillo happily obliges, and loads up the circuit, ready to be tackled with the Toyota GT86 - another highly anticipated piece of content from the Italian developers.

11218939_10204331021989632_8353449034879967090_n.jpg

Kunos are well known in the simracing world for their incredibly accurate track representation thanks to laser-scanning technology. However, in the previous livestream, Casillo revealed that Zandvoort would not be a laser-scanned version, but would in fact be purchased from a modder and brought up to Official content standards by their track designer guru, Simone Trevisiol. A huge amount of uproar followed with some customers even reduced to withdrawing all future modding efforts of their own from Assetto Corsa, in what was a slight knee-jerk overreaction. Based on the footage above, the track looks exactly like the same fantastic quality content that Kunos are renowned for. They really have done another stellar job here.

Version 1.2 of Assetto Corsa is scheduled for release at the end of July, and will include the aforementioned content plus many more additional (and long overdue) features to the multiplayer system and the single player experience, most notably AI optimizations. So be sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the reaction and thoughts on the update in the coming weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could care less about any first footage. Give us 1.2, which is long overdue.

"If Zandvoort will be accepted...", what is this supposed to mean? If folks don't care for Zandvoort then they're not adding the others?

Gives us our update, is all I ask. Quit delaying, which is one thing AC is good at doing.

Alan
Please stop spamming forums with silly off-topic complaints like this and this one:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/stefano-casillo-streaming-ep-7.25157/page-7

I believe so, Billy. I think Trento was a convert from NetKar Pro too. But shhh. Don't tell them over at the official AC forums. You don't want to upset them further.
People always knew or had the idea Trento was a conversion. We got it in October last year, when they released v1.0RC.
But Zandvoort everyone took it for granted it was laserscanned, although Kunos never announced it as one nor showed any of their usual laserscanning images or photo sessions. I was also surprised because always thought of this track coming to AC as laserscanned. But well.. I hope they keep doing LS for other modern tracks, at least we know the incoming Catalunya and Brands Hatch are LS.

Please stop spamming forums with silly off-topic complaints like this and this one:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/stefano-casillo-streaming-ep-7.25157/page-7

Maybe your definition of spamming is different than mine. First off, how can a post be off-topic, as you say, when I've quoted a post in this thread? Second, I think we're all a little bit too smug when it comes to AC. If we're interested in making AC a better simulator, we ought to take off the fanboy hat and start complaining about how poorly this sim has been developed, how we've been promised certain things that never were delivered, how what appears to be simple fixes for annoying bugs have never been fixed, how Kunos and company are in an infinite-delay mode. How, in the end, this game is only right now a hot-lapping sim and is so utterly inconducive to league formation that it borders on the laughable.

But no, folks who don't agree with the obvious or pretend that these things don't exist, then they just mimic hundreds of others who can't face what is really happening and slap on the label of "spammer" to anyone who has the balls to bring these things up.

If you're definition of spamming is telling the truth, then you'd better find a dictionary as fast as possible.

Alan

Laser scanned or not, Zandvoort looks beautiful. Especially the dune section is very nice.

I don't care one bit if a track is laser scanned or not, so hopefully we'll get some more of these circuits in the future to boost the numbers.

we ought to take off the fanboy hat and start complaining about how poorly this sim has been developed, how we've been promised certain things that never were delivered
What things were promised and never delivered? Doesn't count things devs talked about a year ago and mentioned they were thinking on it, as to be a good thing for the game. But don't confuse such things as promised. We actually paid for certain features and content, and we weren't deceived there would be more at game release than it was announced. Kunos indeed said they will support the game after release, with bug fixes, new features, new content. Aren't they working on that? I think your expectations are incredibly high for the things Kunos can put in the game and at what speed they can do it.
You essentially want in AC everything that exists in all other sims and you want it now, and I don't even know if your demands will be satisfied then.
I think AC should have its own path and listen to what the community wants, but Kunos should also listen to their own instincts and analysis for what's better for the present and future of AC. Neither the community nor Kunos knows what's absolutely right about what's better for the game, so things from each side are needed, to continue with the development cooperation between community and Kunos.

Aww @Alan_Bernardo ... you are such a martyr. Preach on, brother. Your edginess will shine light upon issues everywhere if you try hard enough. Even getting slammed by Stefano on your misinformation filled post on the forums is not stopping you, what a great sense of determination, justice and resolve. Brings a single tear to my eye knowing such selfless humans like you exist, makes my faith in humanity come running back to me. *Sarcasm Ends*

Also I think you are confusing PCars to AC. I haven't seen Kunos do anything that resembles infinite delay, they just don't post deadlines anymore so that the cranky children who don't pay attention to anything but "GIMME GIMME GIMME" don't get annoyed. They are even streaming their coding sessions so that people can see what is getting fixed and what is not, but you don't care about the transparency, that stuff is for pussies isn't it? Yes, people have been yelling at Kunos since the dawn of time about how it is a hot lapping sim and they are trying to make it better, albeit a bit slowly... which might be a issue to you since you need results RIGHT NOW. And the way you complain is neither constructive nor entertaining even. All you do is be a petulant child in the way you approach them, no wonder you are not taken seriously and your cries are going unheard since you are pissing into an ocean of piss. I have made several complaints over the past years to Kunos too and they got noticed and some got fixed even because I did my research before opening my trap. Even recently made one about skinners being neglected with no advanced templates for official cars and how they can't just sit back and say the community can go to work on it when unpacking official kn5 files is illegal according to them. I wasn't a complete tool about it either.

Get a grip on reality, and try to act sensibly next time instead of flinging poop at walls while thinking it ain't gonna stick to your hands or splash right back at you. Do. Some. Research. Or atleast back up your wild claims with facts. ~.~

11 people creating and awesome sim, which lacks of lot of things (some of them were never promised like rain or day-night although I would love them) and Continues development and creating content (yeah they are not that fast but them they are 11 and not all do code).

I only see iRacing better in the online platform and nobody complains.

In hot lapping it's the best, AI looks like has been improved (we'll see if it's true) and some features have been added so step by step.

But people just like to complain about even blowing disc!!!! WTF that doesn't improve a sim in any way, but because of someone complaining, Kunos did add that feature (which I don't care a sh*t because when I drive I don't see the wheels neither the disc neither anything outside the cockpit).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 168 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.7%