Assetto Corsa: Ferrari SF15-T 'Red Pack' Trailer

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have just dropped a bombshell of an announcement with the news that the 2015 Scuderia Ferrari Formula One car will be included in the soon-to-be-released 'Red Pack' on the 14th of July.

The Italian developer becomes only the second SimRacing company to acquire an officially licensed modern era Formula One car after iRacing obtained the rights to reproduce the 2014 McLaren-Honda. The 2015 title challenger from the Prancing Horse was the first car of the Vettel-Ferrari era and won three Grands Prix over the course of the 2015 season.

Fans of open wheel content will rejoice at the prospect of a new car being added to the game, let alone such a spectacular addition as that of a current-spec V6 Turbo Hybrid F1 car. The SF15-T announcement comes hot off the heels of the introduction of the Lamborghini Aventador SV and the Maserati 250F as the cars to feature in the upcoming DLC pack along with a laser scanned version of the Austrian Grand Prix circuit: The RedBull Ring.

Ferrari_SF15T_front.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_fronttv.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_Sidepod.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sideTV.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv2.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv3.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv4.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_Tcam.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_top.jpgFerrari_SF15T.jpg

Are you excited for the release of the Red Pack? Will you be purchasing it on day one given the news of this latest inclusion?

Last edited:
That won't be happening without mods though Meta, in AC or elsewhere without the F1 license. Having a licenced F1 car in a sim at all is pretty amazing, that it's a good one this time and not the...less then stellar McLaren makes it all the sweeter.

For what you want there's an answer though, Automobilista and it's mod scene, check it out. It's fun as hell.

It would be nice to see any info on how the ERS is modelled, I really hope it comes close to the iracing mclaren in terms of harvesting and deployment options in car, it just adds a further dimension to the realism. Just like a good flight sim, I want ALL the buttons to do something...

Guys, dont expect iRacing level of simulation of all the shenaningans this model has, previous record makes me believe we will only get basic stuff of the car.
I would love to be proven wrong.

:)Yeah I agree @Reik Major

The fact that a modern F1 car is official content in any game apart from the Codeys version is a small miracle in my view.

Everything these days is very "legal" oriented otherwise any games manufacturer will find themselves in very hot water very quickly (look at Reiza). Same for cars as well as tracks, everything has to be licenced, approved and signed in triplicate :laugh:

The Formula Extreme in AMS is superb, it's the same type of scenario with multiple liveries if you want to try and simulate a F1 season grid (which looks nothing like the real thing obviously ;)). This car will eventually be the same once the skilled modding group start flexing their Photoshop muscles on it.

What will be interesting will be how the physics side works, I would imagine a hybrid style power plant must take some work to simulate.

Apart from that a fantastic piece of modelling and the detail looks superb. Looking forward to trying this one.

One other small bonus. With some of the F1 cars I have installed, with each AC update the original authors have not updated the car so they have now become silent (sound update) or they don't use the latest tyre model, etc. With this car at least it will be kept up to date :)

Guys, dont expect iRacing level of simulation of all the shenaningans this model has, previous record makes me believe we will only get basic stuff of the car.
I would love to be proven wrong.

mmm, i feel like there will be an ERS management to do, because in the steering wheel screen you can see the ERS bar just above the 10%.. so it makes me think that you have to manage it

mmm, i feel like there will be an ERS management to do, because in the steering wheel screen you can see the ERS bar just above the 10%.. so it makes me think that you have to manage it
Thats already possible in AC. That could be just a simple KERS battery setup.

What people are talking about is having multiple automatic modes (or strats as they are called in F1) that control harvesting, charging and discharging.

Slightly different subject but this may help the likes of URD.

They've modelled the Hybrid LMP1 cars so if the AC design team have made physics files or "plugins" to simulate this more realistically then that can only help other developers. Assuming they don't mind sharing the information! :D

Admittedly it works in a slightly different way to the F1 car but it's useful nonetheless.

Maybe this is relevant?
Marco Massarutto
·
Definetely the Remus Curve doesn't like me
(not a [so] bad line - I'm just spinning already)
13558832_10206617317105581_4594796603353387830_o.jpg

Aristotelis Vasilakos Hmmm change the kers recharge level to avoid too much engine brake from MGU-K at low gears...
That's mightly impressive if we can now change the harvesting rates. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to this! Great to see it's more complex than just 'brake applied = more battery'. :)

Could make the racing much more strategic!

That's mightly impressive if we can now change the harvesting rates. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to this! Great to see it's more complex than just 'brake applied = more battery'. :)

Could make the racing much more strategic!
Since 2014, the difference between a high downforce package and a low downforce package has been really small, but ERS mapping is what changes most of the times from a track to another :)

Last edited:
Thats already possible in AC. That could be just a simple KERS battery setup.

What people are talking about is having multiple automatic modes (or strats as they are called in F1) that control harvesting, charging and discharging.
I didn't watch it because "2 hour stream", but... I've read that Kunos was promising that Turbos, ABS and TC will become bindable controls and i'm hoping engine modes is just a natural extension to that.

Plus the competition has already thrown down the gauntlet with how wondefully complex that Mclaren is.
I'm hoping Kunos will follow suit.

For me, this is easily the most anticipated car in AC. I was impatiently waiting for the F138 but this announcement is very impressive and totally unexpected. With the LMP1s also coming up, it's good times ahead if downforce is your favorite kind of force :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%