Assetto Corsa Ferrari F138 'Red Pack' preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today revealed the latest addition of the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC, due to hit the digital shelves on Thursday 14th July. The legendary Ferrari F138 Grand Prix car that contested the 2013 Formula One World Championship season will make its virtual debut in the sim, representing the last of the V8 era Grand Prix machines before the introduction of hybrid turbo power units made its debut at the start of the 2014 season.

The F138 is the fifth new piece of content revealed by the studio and continues the Grand Prix theme started by the introduction of the legendary Maserati 250F driven by Juan Manuel Fangio right the way through to modern thoroughbred machinery in the shape of the recent 2015 Ferrari Formula One challenger.

With only five days to go and two final pieces of content to be revealed, the F138 will make a pleasing new addition to the sim and should fit right in with the 'Red Pack' theme in what is fast becoming one of the most exciting pieces of DLC content since Assetto Corsa launched all the way back in 2014.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more of the latest news regarding the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari F138 2014 Car.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to the 'Red Pack' DLC? Pleased to hear of F138 announcement? Let is know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
But then again. ....the Levante? Seriously? Not much racing in that model. Pure advertising bs if you ask me.
But of course still excited with Maserati entry overall and the wonderful news of Porsche coming. Respect for that.
Understandable, but at least it looks like it's going to be the "free" eight car, so it doesn't take away from the 7 cars. I wonder what the 7th car will be...

Understandable, but at least it looks like it's going to be the "free" eight car, so it doesn't take away from the 7 cars. I wonder what the 7th car will be...
No it doesn't, but I wonder what contribution it would actually make to the game? Strange sense of humor those Italians. Looking forward to the Aventador however, that's the way to go with the "road" cars. I guess it could compete against the Pagani Huayra pretty well.

No it doesn't, but I wonder what contribution it would actually make to the game? Strange sense of humor those Italians. Looking forward to the Aventador however, that's the way to go with the "road" cars. I guess it could compete against the Pagani Huayra pretty well.

Indeed, it's a little too pedestrian for my taste, but whatever, we're not paying for it. :D
And yes, the Aventador is looking really good, such a nice dashboard.

I'm glad there are the four controls (eight if you count the inverse) on the SF15-T. I don't think it will be too difficult to manage on the fly, during a long race find a mode that manages the battery level on a lap by lap basis and use the kers button to use maximum energy on the straights as you would have programmed.
I just hope the commands are actually mappable to the wheel.

I think it works more like this:
Marco Massarutto talking to a Maserati manager <<How about the 250F?>>
Maserati manager << 300.000 Euro...>>
Marco <<WTF!>>
Maserati <<..or..>>
Marco <<yes?>>
Maserati <<200.000 with a Levante in your game>>
Marco <<Where do I sign?>>

We have to deal with this marketing BS if we want the feasibility of a great licence in the game (who said porsche?)

Lol i thought i posted this already....Oh i did, In the SF15-T thread....whoopie daisy. :redface:
Well, it's my image that I posted on the AC forums during the stream on Sunday. I'm not checking the racedepartment forums usually, just the news comments, saw the comments about the sound earlier and I reposted the image here.

I think it works more like this:
Marco Massarutto talking to a Maserati manager <<How about the 250F?>>
Maserati manager << 300.000 Euro...>>
Marco <<WTF!>>
Maserati <<..or..>>
Marco <<yes?>>
Maserati <<200.000 with a Levante in your game>>
Marco <<Where do I sign?>>

We have to deal with this marketing BS if we want the feasibility of a great licence in the game (who said porsche?)

Expect a similar thing to happen with Porsche and other brands in the future. Panamera, Macan... and you know, I don't even mind. Some of those possible additions aren't even that bad (we also have a Abarth 595 in the game, so what) and if it gets us other great content I'm all for it. The content in AC has always been good mix of road and race cars and that's quite appealing to people. Adding a few less sporty vehicles in will make for some fun racing too, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Well, it's my image that I posted on the AC forums during the stream on Sunday. I'm not checking the racedepartment forums usually, just the news comments, saw the comments about the sound earlier and I reposted the image here.

Expect a similar thing to happen with Porsche and other brands in the future. Panamera, Macan... and you know, I don't even mind. Some of those possible additions aren't even that bad (we also have a Abarth 595 in the game, so what) and if it gets us other great content I'm all for it. The content in AC has always been good mix of road and race cars and that's quite appealing to people. Adding a few less sporty vehicles in will make for some fun racing too, I'm sure.
I tend to disagree with this but then again GT also had these mixes and was great fun back then. ...then again AC (community ) is not GT (community ).
I do respect the decision in the end if it was needed for grasping that licence.

If you want to see more of a series, it has to start with 1 car... if there end up being dozens of always-full F1 servers then I'm sure they'll try to add more of them, the way GT3 is popular so they keep adding GT3 content.

The way I see it... AC is clearly licensing interesting cars for the joy of being able to virtually drive them. Which suits the game's strengths perfectly.

The sim which actually has the most focus on simulated grids of rival cars is Raceroom. Stuff like the Group 5 pack is superb fun, but R3E obviously has a limited set of car types as a result of this.

I'm personally fine with AC and R3E having a different focus. Variety is fun :)

The way I see it... AC is clearly licensing interesting cars for the joy of being able to virtually drive them. Which suits the game's strengths perfectly.

The sim which actually has the most focus on simulated grids of rival cars is Raceroom. Stuff like the Group 5 pack is superb fun, but R3E obviously has a limited set of car types as a result of this.

I'm personally fine with AC and R3E having a different focus. Variety is fun :)
This. Assetto Corsa is a great driving sim. There are tons of different makes, models and types. There might not be many cars for you to create series, you're really only limited to GT3, and perhaps even hypercars, but they are all fantastically modeled and have great physics.

Raceroom has a different approach, and because of that you've got DTM, WTCC, GT3, Le Mans Prototypes, Group 5 cars,etc. So many great car groups to have great multiplayer racing.

That's why these two are my main games. They both offer different experiences and give me exactly what I want in a sim.

Well, Assetto Corsa has three DTM cars (Alfa Romeo 155 V6, BMW E30 M3, Mercedes 190E Evo2) that should be balanced and were raced together in the 90s. Then all the GT3 cars that are relatively balanced. Some (too few IMO :p) GT2/E cars that are balanced (or can be online) are in the game. GT4 is slowly getting build out. The 2015 LMP1-h cars are coming. The prototypes of old (the C9 and the other upcoming ones) can probably still be balanced for online races. The hypercar "holy trinity" will be complete this Autumn. Many of the supercars can be raced together in interesting ways. Some of the road cats fit well into some more unusual and fun racing (roughly similar lap times). And as for F1, it's just impossible for a game like AC to add each and every single F1/GP grid of the many seasons they're covering so far.

Regardless, I think the sim is getting there. It just takes time. And in the meanwhile we have a lot of very interesting cars besides GT that also make for very good one-make racing, like with the F1, the Formula Abarth, the 500 Abarth Challenge, MX-5 Cup, BMW Sports Trophy and such.

Looks like Mr Massarutto just dropped another bombshell btw. :coffee:

• Deleted member 130869

Certain cars like the C9 can only be balanced with tuning stages and the ability to run very long races. Such cars competed on the basis of enduring different tracks for 1,000km, 6-12-24 hours. The 787B shouldn't be of competition to the C9, but the 962C yes. An XJR-9 would as well, even a 89C-V. The fun aspect of the non-perfect balance for shorter races would be the personal challenge of overcoming the odds :).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back