Assetto Corsa Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC Announced - Vote Open.. Then Closed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ferrari Assetto Corsa DLC.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the much anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC for Assetto Corsa, plus opened up voting to choose the seventh model to be included in game.

Already revealed as part of the end of year community post from the developers of Assetto Corsa, Kunos have now revealed the first six models due to form the base of the eagerly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack coming to the game this year.

Confirmed as in development and due for a release "fall 2017", the premium Ferrari celebration DLC will add to the game seven brand new models from the Prancing Horse, with cars representing a range of historic and iconic machinery from the great Italian manufacturers.

EDIT 21.6.17: It appears that Kunos have made a mistake launching the poll this early and have since closed the option of voting, prior to an official announcement and some further teaks to the vote mechanism. Hold tight for more info as and when available...

The full car list revealed as forming the upcoming DLC are:

1962 250 GTO
Assetto Corsa - 1962 250 GTO.jpg

1967 330 P/4
Assetto Corsa 1967 330 P4.jpg

1967 312/67
Assetto Corsa 1967 312 67.jpg

1984 288 GTO
Assetto Corsa 1984 288 GTO.jpg

2004 F2004
Assetto Corsa - 2004 F2004.jpg

2017 812 Superfast
Assetto Corsa 2017 812 Superfast.jpg

What is more Kunos have confirmed that a seventh unannounced car will be added to the pack, and the community have been given the opportunity to cast their vote against several models Kunos have receive permission to reproduced for the racing simulation. Be warned, you can only select one car and once you have cast your vote you will no longer be able to change your choice.

You can visit the voting page by following the link HERE. Voting closes June 30th.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy with the selection of cars chosen by Kunos? Which additional machine have you voted for? Any cars missing from the list you would like to see? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Probably went a bit over the top with the last post... But i find the Kunos F1 cars to be unpredictable. Do the same thing each lap and it will have a different result nearly each time. I find the RSS car to be reliable and trustworthy when it comes to driving it, Probably because i'm sh!t. My opinion is not worth anything anyway but I just prefer the RSS car. Who knows Kunos might do this car well.

That is a complex situation, i also think the RSS is easier to drive consistently, partly because of the rules, some corners like Silverstone T1 became a breeze with these new cars.
The tires also don't overheat as easily, which is a lot nicer, but that's also a reflection of the tires they are suppoused to represent.

Now there's some things that make it easier that aren't directly tied to the rule changes, for example the RSS has a power delivery that is a lot smoother in comparison, does that make it more or less realistic?
Neither honestly, some cars have good driveability some others are bit more edgy, that's not a flaw either way, just different interpretations/representations.
And of course a "pig" can be fun too.

Anyways, it's good to see that the RSS guys seemingly are happy to have this car in AC, i guess their love to see a different take on F1 takes precedence over "market share", kudos to you guys.

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me at all that it won, modern cars have a big advantage in open polls cause there are less of them - there's only 1 current Ferrari F1 car but half a dozen historical options, etc. etc.

I'll drive it after I try the other 2 recent Ferrari F1 cars, so probably never. Whatever, pack still has 4 good vintage Ferraris in it.

Last edited:
I had other expectations too, yes its nice to see more cars added but ones that help solidify a group of cars, not a single era. I feel that besides the prototypes and GT, nothing else is really complete, its all mix match, might as well add more fantasy roads for them, since thats where most belong on. Anyway, I will of course support AC and buy this next pack and enjoy it for what it is.

Don't know if this would even factor in but... Would Ferrari even give out the physics data for a car that is currently competing? It leads me to think would the physics be *correct*? Late night thoughts I guess...

Not to mention there is already a fantastic F1 2017 Mod available by Race Sim Studio
preview.jpg

So, as you can see, i don't need the new Ferrari F1 Car at all. Everyone has a different taste and i'm sure, there are a lot of people who are happy and excited about the new Car. ;)
The mod is awful. Hardly a surprise that people actually want quality in their releases.

Yeah, that’s the only advantage of the result: the console guys get a 2017 era F1 car since they cannot enjoy the excellent Formula Hybrid by Race Sim Studios. I would have fancied the 512 but you cannot have everything. That’s how a poll works, the majority wins. :cool:

Posted on AC forum but thought I'd reiterate here:

Just a note to the Devs reading complaints on here and (appearing to) take it personally.

I don't think anyone is upset at you guys for the poll or the outcome (and if they are, **** 'em), but you have to expect in these circumstances people to be disappointed in the actual outcome, especially around here.

No doubt, whichever way the result had gone you'd have had more disappointed people than happy ones (unless there was a landslide victory), but it's by no means a personal slight or a comment on the game or excellent additions you've chosen over the years. In many ways, a percentage of this forum would actually

In my case, the chance to have a 512 vs a 917 would have made the pack outstanding, something to look forward to all summer (especially as the 917 is underused in my install due to the lack of competition).

This isn't the case now (but was close) and I'm disappointed and using this discussion forum to express that, but it's no slight on yourselves or the game, merely an expression of my personal feelings and an expression that, should you be able to include such a car in future, the demand would most certainly be there (Laguna Seca dream pack maybe...).

I will see how the P4 seems to stack up against the Ford GT40 and Porsche 908 and how the 250GTO competes with the Cobra and this may well raise the 'value' of the pack to me to be worth purchase (most likely it will), but my enthusiasm for the pack is tempered by the outcome, not my enthusiasm for the superb game or your work.

On reflection my message was too far, the stock F1 cars are not bad... It's just I enjoy the mod more. Culmination of a bad day and other factors lead to my comment. Whilst I'm still not happy the SF-70H won, thats democracy. I still hope in the future we will get the 512. But it looks unlikely. Understandably the devs would take it personally, they put everything they can In to making something, so when criticism does arise they feel hard done by.

When will people learn....democracy doesn't work
If the vote had been over the top 2 or 3 cars (e.g. run a primary election and then the real election), far fewer people would be disappointed. Instead, we do it the Italian or Indian way with a zillion candidates and the majority will always be disappointed because there's no concensus building.

330 P/4: an absolute icon in race car design, what a beauty. And has three friends to race against: GT 40, 908 LH and the T70.

As much as I love the P4 ('67 Group 6 prototype), I have to point out that aforementioned cars are not comparable. You've mentioned a '69 spec group 5 car, a '69 group 6 prototype and a '66 group 7 car. With exception of this particular GT40 and 908, they never even drove together on any racetrack and were quite different in performance. I don't expect them to be used much together in either offline or online racing.

As much as I love the P4 ('67 Group 6 prototype), I have to point out that aforementioned cars are not comparable. You've mentioned a '69 spec group 5 car, a '69 group 6 prototype and a '66 group 7 car. With exception of this particular GT40 and 908, they never even drove together on any racetrack and were quite different in performance. I don't expect them to be used much together in either offline or online racing.

In 1968 GT40, T70 and the 908 had a lot of meetings on the tracks, the 330P4 was only used by the NART in several Can Am races, quite a bad idea against the Denny&Bruce show and their mighty M8`s.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back