Assetto Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3 'Red Pack' preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Ferrari 488 GT3 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa developers Kunos Simulazioni have finally revealed the penultimate piece of content due to be released for the game as part of Thursday's upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC update.

With the GT2/3's already proving to be one of the more popular, and densely populated, classes within the game it was perhaps inevitable that Kunos would look to add another new generation model from of one of GT racing's most vibrant racing classes, this time bringing the beautiful Ferrari 488 GT3 to the sim. Replacement for the aging 458 Italia, the new 488 packs a twin-turbocharged 3.9-liter V8 with a lighter more rigid frame than its road going counterpart the 488 GTB. Run by a wide variety of GT3 teams across the world, the 488 is one of Ferrari's most spectacular closed top GT cars of recent times and sure to become an instant classic with the Tifosi faithful.

The Red Pack DLC is due for release on the Steam platform for PC players of Assetto Corsa, and will become available to purchase for PS4 and Xbox One players post console release.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum for more news items right here at RaceDepartment. We have a number of thread topics to engage with your fellow community members, we host a high volume of mods and addons as well as our new Modding Discussion forum, a place where modders can discuss the many aspects involved in creating cars, tracks and skins for Assetto Corsa.

With our new Mazda MX-5 Cup league starting this Sunday, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum to check out our regular club racing events and leagues? Our club races are designed for drivers of all skills and experience using a wide variety of content available for the sim. Head on over and take a look!

AC Ferrari 488 GT3 3.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 4.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 5.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 6.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 7.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 8.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3.jpg

Another one bites the dust.. like what you see from the latest Red Pack reveal? Looking forward to the new Ferrari? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Any mention of pricing?

Well going by their usual pricing values for every DLC, it'd probably cost about 10-15$ with a launch day price of 8-12$. I'm giving it a 5 dollar markup because of all the F1 stuff in the pack which could 'potentially' drive up the prices to cover the licensing costs, but if they release the DLC at 8 USD on launch day like their last couple ones then holy hell that would be some huge underpricing and quite the bargain.

Well going by their usual pricing values for every DLC, it'd probably cost about 10-15$ with a launch day price of 8-12$. I'm giving it a 5 dollar markup because of all the F1 stuff in the pack which could 'potentially' drive up the prices to cover the licensing costs, but if they release the DLC at 8 USD on launch day like their last couple ones then holy hell that would be some huge underpricing and quite the bargain.
dude its a DLC not a whole game.

I'd probably nominate Kunos for the Worst Financial Management 2016 awards if they give out two modern F1 cars and a laser scanned track, not counting all the other stuff in the pack for anything less than 5 bucks. And your analogy of "you can buy games for 5 dollars" is kinda retarded, a Dacia Sandero being cheaper does not make a Fiesta ST obsolete. :3

In the end those were just my speculations based on their older DLC prices + a 3-5 dollar overhead as a worst case scenario given the cars we are getting this pack, not official figures so who cares... you can moan about the price whatever it will end up being today evening when it gets announced. But I for one have never felt like Kunos sold their DLCs at exorbitant rates till now so I can say with atleast some amount of confidence that this DLC will be priced right as usual.

I really don't understand the hype of many people about the 488 GT3 version. GT3 class is a homogenization of all kinds of elements like tyre dimension, weight, aerodynamics etc. These cars feel much more similar to other GT3 cars than to the streetcar counterpart. So almost won't have any of the typical characteristics of the original car.
For me absolutely boring - if you have driven 4- 5 different GT3 Class cars you know the rest.

Seems every single car in the game comes with plain white suits when everyone used to have atleast matching car color AC suits. Come on Kunos, put some effort into the skins damn...does anyone know if the stig suits and kitchen gloves will be fixed with the update? :redface:

Let's hope this car above is just the "plain" example, it doesn't feature a racing livery either...

Closed-wheel is not my major preference but it's nice to see that one kind of racing class is really getting fleshed out here. Porsche will come, agree that Aston and Bentley would be nice..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 512 39.0%