Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
aaa.jpg

GTOfire has released an impressive new addition to the growing roster of Italian Supercars in Assetto Corsa by bringing his very rare Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione mod to the simulation.

Sitting alongside this rare monster GTOfire has also released a fictional modern version of the car titled Ferrari 288XX GTO, featuring modern styling touches and modern day GT tyres, aero and a sequential gearbox. With performance balancing the 288XX GTO is designed to offer competitive racing with the stock GT1 content.

A very rare car indeed, the 288 GTO Evoluzione was built to compete to Group B regulations back in the 1980's but never managed to hit the track and compete with rivals Porsche, only 6 examples were ever built and the design ideas generated from this project directly fed into later releases such as the F40 and F40LM.

This is a very nice WIP creation and makes a wonderful addition to the already rich content currently available in Assetto Corsa at the moment, including the latest release on December 15th of the Dream Pack #3.

This car is available to download now in the RaceDepartment Downloads section. Why not have a look at the many high quality mods of cars, tracks and skins available for Assetto Corsa and other titles here on RaceDepartment - click <here>

Have you tried this mod yet? What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below!

Last edited:
Cheers :) I was rather excited about being on the front page, so I wasn't even mad :p (Though I admit I did make a remark about it in my forum thread, probably subconsciously hoping someone else would point it out :p)

The link to "this car" refers also to the 288XX btw, leaving no actual link to the Evoluzione

JayMonkey was the tester and bouncer-offer of ideas. He's driven one IRL and has been driven around in one by a pro driver, so he was a great help in testing the physics guesstmations I made based on Felipe Vaiano's awesome work on our original 288 GTO.

Thanks for the feature :D

Holy moly! There is a guy in my town that beneath rides Opel Calibra but from the outside he has made the chassis to look like a Ferrari F40 which of course is far far from identical F40 but only reveals his idea or call it whatever. This car, to me, looks just like that!

• ronniej

I'll have to agree, this car is a great mod and a welcome addition to my Assetto garage.
It's also great to see the good mods be reviewed and recognized....:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing