Assetto Corsa Fanatec CSW Settings

I was looking for a more detailed feedback around the center. After some adjustments I came up with these settings. YMMV but maybe it helps someone.
AC ver. 0.3
CSW with GT2 rim
Driver: 177 Beta // Firmware: 037

Driver Menu: Angle: 900° // Damping: 100%

AC FFB menu: Gain: 60% // FIlter: 0% // Damping: 15% // Kerb: 45% // Road: 45% // Slip: 30%

Fanatec tuning menu: SEN: off // FF: 100 // SHO: off // ABS: off // LIN: off // DEA: off // DRI: off // FOR: 100 // SPR: off // DPR: off

thnks will definitely give this a try! :thumbsup:

How are others comparing the DRI settings between CSW V1 and V2?

Supposedly, DRI 5 is now the undamped setting, with OFF adding the most resistance for legacy games. Not only is this counter intuitive and somewhat absurd on its face, but the manual doesn't suggest any significant change.

That said, Fanatec has apparently confirmed this, and DRI OFF does feel artificially resistant. How this interacts with the DPR is beyond me, but I'm curious where others are setting these.

I'm also interested in others' SHO settings.

My CSW V1 base "steering column" (the silver cylinder extending perpendicularly from the base that our rims attach to) is disconcertingly loose, and I can't recall if it shipped like that, or if the condition developed over time. Assuming the latter, setting SHO at 100 is probably to blame, but I haven't noticed other complaints about this phenomenon in any forums.

In any case, my V2 "steering column" isn't loose at all, and for now I've set SHO at OFF, but other insights are appreciated.

My wheel is currently set up for AC as follows:

SEN: OFF (540 for R3E)
FF: 100
SHO: OFF (see my concerns above)
ABS: OFF (this setting also vibrates the wheel rim, if I'm not mistaken)
LIN: OFF
DEA: OFF
DRI: 5 (previously set at OFF, see my confusion above)
FOR: 100 (but car dependent)
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

Any insights, especially concerning DRI, SHO, SPR and DPR are welcome.

Henk

@ whitetail, I'm still working on settings myself. What I have found in other forums is on DrI settings I put mine on 3 which will give me a Lighter feeling in the wheel. (I don't like it real heavy). I've tried Robin Kraak's setting's (from the last page),and still working on those to get my wheel & in game to feel more correct. Some setting I like is as follow's:
Sen- 340 (for the Formula cars I drive mostly)
Sho- 100 this will give you more of the Curb feeling
ABS- off
LIN- off
dEA- off
dRI- 003 (My choice on this makes wheel a little lighter)
FOR- 60 (again my choice)
Spr- 40
dpI- 100
Now My In Game Sttings:
Gain- 70%
Filter- 0%
Damping- 0%
Min Force- 0%
Kerb Effects- 40%
Road " - 25%
Slip " - 25%
And, I like these setting. You all may hate them. I like a Medium Force Wheel myself. Try these and see what you think of them.

Try these and see what you think of them.
Thanks for posting!
I'll definitely try your settings, especially the in-game, as I've never figured out how the kerb, road & slip settings work.

BTW, with your V1 SHO setting at 100, did your "steering column" ever loosen? Mine did, and while it didn't cause mechanical problems, my wheel never felt tight, if you get me. I don't want my V2 loosening up, so I'm really ambivalent about the SHO setting.

I'm actually really surprised I haven't read of others with this issue. Thankfully, that's been the only Fanatec issue I've ever encountered, and it didn't actually impact the wheel mechanically, so I've been very lucky!

Henk

Thanks for posting!
I'll definitely try your settings, especially the in-game, as I've never figured out how the kerb, road & slip settings work.

BTW, with your V1 SHO setting at 100, did your "steering column" ever loosen? Mine did, and while it didn't cause mechanical problems, my wheel never felt tight, if you get me. I don't want my V2 loosening up, so I'm really ambivalent about the SHO setting.

I'm actually really surprised I haven't read of others with this issue. Thankfully, that's been the only Fanatec issue I've ever encountered, and it didn't actually impact the wheel mechanically, so I've been very lucky!

Henk
@ Henk, Your question about the V1 SHO setting's.. I never had a V1 wheel. I came from a GT2 wheel to this V2 model. Also, let me know what you think about my settings and where I can improve on them--Please!

Edit: While some info in this post is still relevant after so many patches, the settings themselves are not due to many FFB code updates. Now I leave the menu FFB settings at 100%, 0% minimum force, all effects off and adjust clipping per car via in game app.

The SHO is the vibration motor in the rim, not the base. The ABS is the artificial brake lock up vibration that uses the vibration motor in the rim and the V2 pedals if they are connected to the base.
I also see people with inconsistent damper settings.
If you set your fanatic settings to 100% and the option menu damper to 99% you can then control the damper form your rim using the DPR setting. If you set one of these to 0 they all will be 0 (remember basic math? 1x0=0 etc) so I see some using centre spring (SPR) to make up for the lack of damper. If you have a read through the PDF manual of the V2 base it describes what each menu function does. Or click on the spoiler below.

6.3 Tuning menu The tuning menu is shown on the tuning display on the Fanatec Steering Wheels after activating the tuning menu by pressing the tuning menu button (see chapter ‘Hotkeys’ of this user manual). To navigate through the tuning menu press up, down, left and right direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise. Note: At the ClubSport Universal Hub you can also use the D-Pad buttons on top of the Universal Hub so you do not need to attach the separate FunkySwitchTM.
6.3.1 S_1 … S_5 (Setups) Setups range: S_1 ... S_5 Setups default: S_1 The ClubSport Wheel Base V2 provides five different setups to store your adjusted values independent from each other. To change the used and active setup press up or down direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise.
6.3.2 SEN (Sensitivity) SEN range: 090 … 900 OFF SEN default: OFF The Sensitivity defines the steering angle. If SEN is set to 090 the steering wheel only can be turned 90° (45° to left and 45° to right side direction from calibrated center position). If SEN is set to 900 the steering wheel can be tunred the mechanical maximum way of 900° (450° to left and 450° to right side direction from calibrated center position). If SEN is set to OFF the sensitivity is controlled by the PC driver (see chapter PC driver for more details) or even some games support this feature (e.g. Codemasters F1 and GT5). To change the used and active value press up or down direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise.
6.3.3 FF (Force Feedback) FF range: OFF 010 … 100 FF default: 100 The Force Feedback defines the maximum strength of the motor when force feedback effects from software / games are sent to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2. If FF is set to OFF, there will be no force feedback effect executed by the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 motor. If FF is set to 010, the motor will execute only 10% of the maximum motor power. If FF is set to 100, the motor will execute 100% of the maximum motor power. To change the used and active value press up or down direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise.
6.3.4 SHO (Shock) SHO range: OFF 010 ... 100 DEA default: 100 The strength of the shock / vibration motors inside the FANATEC Steering Wheel can be adjusted from 100% to 0%. These vibration motors can be used by a game directly (Fanatec SDK) or by the ABS function.
6.3.5 ABS ABS range: 000 … 100 OFF ABS default: OFF This feature can give you a direct and feel-able feedback about your brake inputs. If you set the value to 100 the vibration will start as soon as you give 100% brake input to the game. If you set it to 95% the vibration will start if you push the brake to 95% or more. The ABS feature uses the vibration within your wheel rim (can be turned off by settin SHO to “0”) AND the vibration motor on a CSP (V2) pedal set if it is connected directly to the wheel - not individually by USB. ABS can also be simulated dynamically by the game if the developer makes use of the Fanatec SDK. To change the used and active value press up or down direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise.
6.3.6 LIN (Linearity) LIN range: OFF 010 … 100 LIN default: OFF The linearity value can modify the steering input of your wheel. Set to “OFF” transfers the steering signals 100% linear to the game. If you raise the value the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 will have reduced sensitivity in the wheel center. Using this feature you could control the wheel extremely precise while driving on straights (like in SEN 900° mode) even if you want to reach the maximum steering already at 180° (SEN 360°). To change the used and active value press up or down direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise.
6.3.7 DEA (Deadzone) DEA range: OFF 010 … 100 DEA default: OFF Some games do expect a racing wheel to have some deadzone in the middle which is not present at ClubSport Wheel Base V2. But using this feature you could manually add a deadzone of your preferred size. To change the used and active value press up or down di- rection at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the Funky- SwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise.
6.3.8 DRI (Drift mode) DRI range: OFF 000 … 005 DRI default: OFF The drift mode reduces the overall resistance of the wheel and let you turn the wheel more easily. It almost works like a power steering. It reduces the basic dampening of the wheel and makes the wheel turn faster. If the values is set too high (or if the games FFB interferes with this feature) you might experience some oscillation. If that happens - reduce the value or turn DRI “OFF” again. To change the used and active value press up or down direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise.
6.3.9 FOR (force), SPR (spring), DPR (damper) FOR range: OFF 000 … 005 FOR default: 100 SPR range: OFF 000 … 005 SPR default: 100 DPR range: OFF 000 … 005 DPR default: 100 These force feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the force feedback signals of a game (only applicable if game uses these effects). In theory there are three types of signals which a game can send: Force (pushes the wheel into a special direction), spring (pulls the wheel towards the center) and damper (creates friction). Not every game uses all types of effects and some games even use only one type to create all different feelings. Using your tuning menu in the CSW you can increase or reduce these different effects individually. To change the used and active value press up or down direction at the FunkySwitchTM of the Fanatec Steering Wheel or turn the FunkySwitchTM clockwise / counter clockwise. Note: If SPR is set to low values or ‘000’ the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 will not be able to move the attached Steering Wheel to correct center position after calibration run.

Driver settings
both 100%

in game
63% gain (seems to be good with no real clipping)
no filter
99% damper (for if I want to add some via the rim)
0% minimum force
The in game canned options can be altered as you like, they don't affect the basic feel of the wheel.

Rim settings:
SEN: OFF
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: 85 (makes the brake pedal and rim vibrate when you apply over 85% of brake force, only if you have SHO on and have V2 pedals plugged into the base)
LIN: OFF
DEA: OFF
DRI: OFF
FOR: 100
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

With the settings like this it is a close to my E46 325i as I can get so far.
If you want you can use DRI 2-3 and DPR 20-30 and get a similar weight but when I have tried using Drift assistance (DRI) I have found the wheel feels like someone is randomly tugging at the wheel with a rope.

I have found this a good baseline to then tweak such as forces etc if you want it weaker/stronger.

There is also a guide on the official forums that goes into min/maxing each car, I'm too lazy to do that and I don't need more force than what I have at the moment.

Hope this helps in at least a tiny way :)

Last edited:
I have got an update on the CSW v2 settings. I've been talking with an AC user called 'TBerg' and he posted a great guide on the AC forums to tweak your FFB settings.
I've been running according to his guide for some time now and although it does take some work to get it all finetuned per-car-per-track, the feeling is absolutely superb now!

Here's the (edited version) of the guide:
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 (065)

Settings Driver (205)
- Wheel Angle: 900°
- Dampening Strength: 100%

Settings Stuurwiel
- SEN: OFF
- FF: 100
- SHO: 100
- ABS: OFF (Fanaleds voor Brake threshold)
- LIN: OFF
- DEA: OFF
- DRI: 2 (or 3 depending on wether you like a lighter or stiffer response)
- FOR: variable (FFB setting in the pits in carsetup menu + FOR = 200) (see additional explanation below)
- SPR: OFF
- DPR: 30 (in the main menu we use max Damping (99%), so its actually around 30% damping now. Keeps some force in the wheel to prevent a numb center feeling. Adjust as per preference. Also, does feel differently than setting the Damping in main menu instead.)

Settings Ingame
- Gain: 100% (AC main menu)
- Filter: 0% (if you feel the FFB is too spikey even if the FFBClip app shows no clipping, you might want to up the filter, I do not.)
- Damping: 99% (AC main menu)
- Minimum Force: 0% (My CSW v2 doesn't need any, but a setting of 2 to 5% is also often seen. Use WheelCheck (google it) to find out your min force.)

These following are purely personal.
- Kerb effects: 50%
- Road effects: 0%
- Slip effects: 20%

Additional explanation
There are 2 'gain' settings in AC. One in the main menu and one in the pits menu. For this profile we always keep the main menu FFB Gain at 100% and we only tweak the 'Force Feedback' setting in the pits menu on a per-car / per-track basis.
That means you need to invest some time per car to get the setting tweaked as you might want a different FFB setting in the same car on a different track, depending on wether its a winding track or lots of straights.

We use the FFBClip app to run 3 clean (no curbs, no crashes) runs for 5 mins and take the average FFB setting it offers.
You set this FFB in the Pits Menu, again: NOT the main menu of the game.
This FFB value + FOR setting on your wheel = 200. (You could take a different value here if you find 200 too be too stiff, but the idea is to have one base value for all setups to keep dynamic feedback intact).

I use Fanaleds for Degree of Rotation management for all cars. This will give you a soft-lock on your wheel once you hit the max DOR for the car in the game as this isn't modelled yet in AC's own settings.

I hope this will help some of you out there! Feedback is appreciated!

Thank you very much for this post Robin, and TBerg also of course. I don't post a great deal on forums usually, but these settings have given my CSW v2 wheel the feel I reckoned it was capable of, and had to thank you for a game changing post.
Cheers Dave O.

Just a heads up; the above settings I gave are probably wrong or redundant since v1.2 of AC.
I can now use the game fine with its stock settings and get proper feedback from the FFB system.

Anyone has decent settings for CSW v2 to newest version of AC? I have something wrong know in my v2's centre ffb, its too light and there's no "stiffness" and immediatly ffb engaging which I would like. Makes steering difficult when you don't have "feel".

I have newest drivers&firmware, 231/142.

I have a CSW v1 and I'm also trying to find settings relevant to the latest AC build and drivers from Fanatec.

One thing that I noticed compared to older releases/drivers is that the wheel vibration is significantly higher in relation to the force feedback, to the point where I find the sim experience is distorted and I can't feel the weight and shift of the car's momentum because the damn wheelbase is shaking.

Anyone has decent settings for CSW v2 to newest version of AC? I have something wrong know in my v2's centre ffb, its too light and there's no "stiffness" and immediatly ffb engaging which I would like. Makes steering difficult when you don't have "feel".

I have newest drivers&firmware, 231/142.
What to do is put on your wheel settings to

Sens -aut
Ff-65
Sho-100
Abs-85
Lin-off
Dea-off
Dri-3
For-150
Spr-off
Dpr- your preference I use 100

Ingame put all fake forces to 0 and min force to 2-3.

Use fanaleds to control the wheel rotation automatically and give brake pedal rumble at threshold.

Turn on gyro forces as below.

Hope this helps a little

Cheers

Last edited:
I have a CSW v1 and I'm also trying to find settings relevant to the latest AC build and drivers from Fanatec.

One thing that I noticed compared to older releases/drivers is that the wheel vibration is significantly higher in relation to the force feedback, to the point where I find the sim experience is distorted and I can't feel the weight and shift of the car's momentum because the damn wheelbase is shaking.
Try turning on gyro forces by going to
Assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto corsa.ini

Then using the dpr at 100 on wheel settings function,it should take some of the rattling out of it.

Cheers

Ingame put all fake forces to 0 and min force to 2-3.

Turn on gyro forces as below.

I found if I raise my min force above 0 it starts to drown out the feedback from the road surface and makes everything feel rather numb. Put it back to 0 and things feel right again and I can feel the bumps and grooves.

I haven't heard about the gyro forces before, what do they do?

If you put the same setting I have listed above it should be fine,this is the most linear ffb from a csw v2.

The gyro emulates the forces coming from the wheels of the car as they spin at speed helping to stabilise oscillations in the wheel.

Setefano wrote this system for stronger wheels.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years