1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Assetto Corsa Fanatec CSR settings

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Qusso, Nov 15, 2013.

1. I couldn't find any suggested setup for standard CSR so I will shere one I use :

I use 756 FW and 144 drivers

ingame settings : gain 60% , dumping 0,15
    CSR : FF : 100 , DRI 4 , SPR 1 , DPR 0
    , SHO 100 , ABS 100 , LIN 000 , DEA 000 ,

I mainly drift but I also use this setup for time attack . I was messing up few days to find setup above perfect for myself .
    I hope CSR users will like it as much as I do :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

I'll have to get around to messing with the settings. I'm finding the steering very heavy as standard, I just haven't had a chance to go near the game much since release due to work.

I'm using the Forza motorsport CSR wheel.

I was going to just drop down the FF in game but I don't want to take anything away from the FF just take away the heavy steering.

3. I was working few days on my CSR setup . After this I posted I stopped doing anything more . It fits for me perfect . I also had issues that wheel was too heavy .

4. I used your setup as a base and tweaked it a bit. For my taste it's now perfect.
    Game:
    gain 60%
    damping 0,15

Wheel:
    ff: 100
    sho: 100
    dri: off
    abs 100
    lin 0
    dea 0
    spr 1
    dpr 0

• Like Like x 1
  5. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

I had a go of the settings and it's definitely lighter, much easier to turn in and correct oversteer.

When I looked at the manual though it said the spring setting only works for consoles. Is that the setting that makes it return to centre? I removed the spring changes and put the drift down to 2. I'll try messing more with the in game settings today, I'm still up at 80% gain.

6. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

I've gone back to pretty much 90% gain with no adjustments on the wheel other than to drop the FF down to 80%. The more I tried to lighten the steering the more information I lost through the wheel. The steering is heavy now but it's much easier to read the road through the feedback, even controlling drifts is easier because the wheel just gives back more information.

7. ok guys, I've got the same wheel CSR (standard) with Elite Pedals and here are my settings after Update yesterday, and I've got to say it feels good ;)

first off make sure your Fanatec wheel settings page is set to 900 wheel angle and 100 dampening strength.

start up AC and head over to your wheel settings page....below
    just select the Fanatec CSR 900 and drop your gain down to 90

[​IMG]
    then my wheel settings are as follows

Firmware 756
    Driver 144

Sen = OFF
    FF = 80
    SHO = 100
    DRI = 002
    ABS = OFF (not really played with this yet, i guess i'll give it a try later)
    LIN = 000
    DEA = 000
    SPR = OFF
    DPR = OFF
    ACL = OFF

give them a try if you wish, also any feedback or improvements always welcome :)
    but i guess we are all different and require different wheel settings to suit our individual tastes too.

this is more like a base setting at the moment, still lots of testing to be done, but so far me like a lot.
    Peace Out Brothers

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

To the mix here, my GT3 RS v2:

Firmware: 756 beta
    Driver: 177 beta

SEn - OFF
    FF - 100
    Sho - 100
    dri - 001 - 002 (for the 125)
    AbS - 82
    Lin - 000
    dEA - 000
    SPr - 1
    dPr - 0

Game settings:

Gain - 40 - 70 depending on car (each car tuned specifically!)
    Filter - 2%
    Dampening - 0, and for the 125, 30%
    Kerb - 100
    Road - 100
    Slip - 0

9. Can't give any advice since my motor's shot and it has NOOOOO power :cry:

10. You can play with the 'fanatec wheel property page' too,I have the dampening strength setting at 0, this makes the wheel lighter and you can increase fffb.

11. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

Friday? Got a new one yet? I've heard the CSW can do that on the forums here...I turned down the gain on mine out of fear, lol.

12. It has enough power to be usable.... but I have the gain in AC at 100% and the wheel at 100% and it's still too low.... Hopefully getting a CSW soon, so all of my problems will go away :p

13. Bernd Graf

Bernd Graf
    Premium Member

I think I know now why your wheel is suffering :ninja::sneaky:.

"Oh Grandma! What strapping-Assetto-Corsa-arms you have!" :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. I used to actually have the gain rather low. Was running it at 75% for a while, and even that was after the motor had degraded a good bit, but recently I've had to crank it up to get the same, if not less torque.... I guess I've had it for ~3.5 years though.... :)

15. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron
    Don't give me your patter Premium Member

Hi new to the forum,
    I have a fanatec CSR and I had a play with the settings in ac the other day and discovered that if you set the in game wheel degrees at 40 the wheel automatically sets itself to each cars correct degrees of rotation i.e. tattus 400 or lotus exos 360 .
    Each car now maps exactly to my wheel.

Please try it ..
    Cheers

16. i'll have to give it a go, but I'm interested, how did you come to find that out, i mean nobody set their wheels rotation to 40 degrees surely ?

ok i tried it and it just gives me 900 degrees rotation on my wheel in the Tatuus, but when i set it back to 900 degrees in game i get correct wheel rotation ;) sorry but that didn't work.

maybe its firmware or driver related, what ones are you running ?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  17. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron
    Don't give me your patter Premium Member

Sorry I meant to add and forgot but I'm using fanaleds to automatically set the steering angle per car a list is on ac.net you should try it the cars feel so much more responsive and natural to control ..
    I'm using fw 756 and driver 181

• Beer Beer x 2
  18. Just one note, never ever decrease force feedback in wheel, it's dumping already not the fastest and strongest reactions of this motor.

FF 100 ALWAYS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. led00m

led00m
    Sim racer, kart racer and an academic

Anyone else finding that with the new ffb model there are severe ffb spikes at high speed then everything feels very weak as you understeer?