Assetto Corsa - Driving with Luca Sodano at Brands Hatch GP Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Luca Sodano, Assetto Corsa Sound Engineer and Official Technical Support, takes to the track in the new Praga R1 for some multiplayer fun at the famous Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit.

Ok so this isn't exactly "news", but having watched yesterday's live stream from Sodano, I thought it would make interesting viewing for those of you not inclined to spend hours upon hours trawling around the internet hunting for interesting things to read about Sim Racing...

Following the recent update to version 1.8 of Assetto Corsa, and the new release of the Tripl3 DLC package, Sodano takes on a grid of online racers around the flowing Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch. Streaming the event from onboard his smart new Praga R1, Sodano looks like he has some good fun racing the field, taking a few knocks on the way for his troubles. The full 58 minute video can be seen at the top of this article, and Luca's PC specs are listed below.

The Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 780
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memoria: 8 GB RAM (7.94 GB RAM disponibili)
Risoluzione corrente: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Sistema operativo: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Car:
Praga-R1-Assetto-Corsa-01.jpg

The Track:
Assetto Corsa Brands Hatch.jpg

Enjoyed watching some online racing? Wondering where some of the best racing in Assetto Corsa can be found? Look no more! RaceDepartment has you covered! Check out our AC Racing Club for regular, informal club events and our professionally run Championships.

AC comes with great default content, however if you own the game on PC you can always add more. Look over our substantial mod archive for Assetto Corsa. A great place to pick up new cars, tracks, skins and apps for the game.

There was me hoping to see one of the devs taking out the R1 around Brands, only to watch a video of someone in bargain basement racing gear with obviously broken wrists simracing. Colour me disappointed :p

Nice to finally see the footage anyway. It wasn`t working at all here last night when it was in progress.

Gopher04

Premium
Never heard of this vehicle before, and I know why, its bad arse slow and very dull to drive.

As for sounds they have improved, but still very odd sounding and very generic between cars.

Just like in 2016 some of us can't afford $10 for a DLC pack. :O_o:

LOL, ^ this exactly. This blimey guy was crying about how his steam wallet was empty for months and how he can't afford 10 bucks for a DLC and now he is sh*t talking 60hz monitors as if we are to believe he is in a possession of a 120/144hz monitor which cost quite a bit. What an edge lord... Or maybe he bought one on mommy's credit card, I'd believe that. :D

Blimey

@Simberia
LOL, ^ this exactly. This blimey guy was crying about how his steam wallet was empty for months and how he can't afford 10 bucks for a DLC and now he is sh*t talking 60hz monitors as if we are to believe he is in a possession of a 120/144hz monitor which cost quite a bit. What an edge lord... Or maybe he bought one on mommy's credit card, I'd believe that. :D
I'll send a pic tomorrow bby:inlove::thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%