1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Assetto Corsa: does anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by ClaudioRos, Jul 9, 2017.

1. ClaudioRos

ClaudioRos

Ratings:
    +10
    I tired driving a Ferrari 488 GT3 at Monza and I was shocked when I realised that it couldn't even hit 300 km/h when in real life that car does hit that speed. The fastest speed I've achieved was 277 km/h, too low for that car. Not only it doesn't hit 300 km/h at the braking point, it doesn't even reach that speed if you cut the first chicane without slowing down, basically that speed is the limit. How's that possible? A Ferrari 488 ( GT or not ) is much faster than that. I tried asking for help on another forum and they said it's normal and that even in real life it doesn't hit that speed on the Monza straight ( I found that weird but I believed them at first ) then I watched a Ferrari Challenge race and guess what, they did hit 300 km/h. What's the problem?

2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Events and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +454
    Not tested it but did you adjusted the downforce to lowest, toe in/out to zero, ride height to the lowest and adjusted the gearing?
    Also try a little bit higher than optimum tire pressure and harder compount :)

3. PhilS13

PhilS13
    Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    Take a deep breath, sit down. This might be something you have a hard time understanding by looking at your posts on "the other" forum.

A 488 GT3, a 488 Challenge, a 488 GTB are 3 different cars.

That's it. Nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Albert McSaltens

Albert McSaltens

Ratings:
    +452
    Problem is you are driving the wrong car

http://www.acisport.it/public/2017/...e_2,_analisi_23_analysis_free_practice_2_.pdf

• Love Love x 1
  5. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium

Ratings:
    +406
    It's easy to base an opinion on your knowledge. To verify your beliefs before posting, go to google type: "ferrari 488 gt3 monza top speed" second result is a pdf download, and your presented with top speed for 2017 GT3 cars @ Monza from the premier GT3 Racing Championship Blancpain GT Series which shows AC's eerily accurate with GT3 cars, perhaps to the annoyance of many.

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Shadowoff

Shadowoff

Ratings:
    +28
    Gt3 cars cant hit the 300 mark on Monza. I think Nissan was the fastest with 28X kp/h in Blancpain GT Series. The 488 Challenge might hit the 300 mark and the 488 GTB should hit the 300 for sure. Just check which car you drove as all 3 of them are very different

7. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +88
    I always drive the Nissan GT-R; setup as Rasmus described and it makes approx 290+ kph at end of straight.