Assetto Corsa Currently Experiencing Xbox One Issues

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Xbox One Issues 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed Assetto Corsa on Xbox One is currently experiencing issues on the Xbox One platform.

Released back in August for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it has taken Assetto Corsa a little while to catch up to it's PC based bigger brother, however both Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have made great strides in recent months to lift the simulation up to a level on console that it rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately Kunos have taken to their social media accounts this afternoon to confirm an issue with the Xbox One version of the title exists, and is being actively looked at by the Italian team.

AC Xbox One Issues.png

No time frame for a fix has been released, or indeed even any specifics as to what exactly the issue with the Microsoft powered console actually is, but at least the developers are aware of the problem and are working on deploying a fix when possible.

Are you having issues with Assetto Corsa on Xbox One? What is happening with the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Not sure who the angry dude was, but when I go to races it says "welcome race fans" not "welcome road course racing fans" so maybe he doesn't get the recent push on console, that makes it very rich.

Anyway, I tried Assetto yesterday (have a league race on Sunday) and the lobbies were not working. No public lobbies were listed and I could not create a private one. But I could race off line. Then later in the night, I could see the lobbies again, and indeed create a lobby myself, which I did. Then this morning, I could not even open the game. It would go to the title screen and then crash back to dash.

Unplug, hard reset
Reinstall
Remove Disk / Reinsert Disk
Give Up.

As of now, nothing.

All other games are working fine, including DiRT4 and F1 2017 (earlier in week). In fact, I have never seen this happen. And since I have the disk, why I can't get to it off line (even if the sign in automatically connects me to the net, I never get that far...) is perplexing.

Problem is on Xbox that game doesn't start. You click icon from menu, get load screen with ferrari and then few seconds and game shut and you back on menu. It has to be something related to MS's updates, something in them broke XOne's AC.

Problem is on Xbox that game doesn't start. You click icon from menu, get load screen with ferrari and then few seconds and game shut and you back on menu. It has to be something related to MS's updates, something in them broke XOne's AC.

If true, it's the only game Microsoft (which I don't defend generally) "broke" with an update. Given Kunos' sad console history, corporate sell-off, and general attitude towards console users, excuse me if I don't carry their water like a well-regarded PC player.

@Rob The problem and diff between PC and console is, and sorry if I appear to teach you to suck eggs, this is never intended. With PC version, if there is a problem, they find it and fix it, release it, job done. With consoles, there is a massive amount of hoops they have to jump through before it gets released, and this can take weeks for Sony / Microsoft to confirm an update....

So some times yes, it can be Kunos just thinking, what's the issue, but sometimes it can also be 3rd parties not playing game, but in a business environment, Kunos cannot slate Sony/Microsoft for there working ethnics, that would be bad for business

The game works if you set your console to offline mode but as soon as you switch it back to online the game crashes to dashboard. I ran it for about an hour offline then without exiting the game switched back to online and it immediately died. I've had no Xbox updates so they can't blame it on that.. my console is running the same version as the last time I was playing the game without problem before I went on vacation.

As for the nonsense comments about console racers... I take such stupid comments with a pinch of salt.

It's likely that the game tries to connect to some kind of server for whatever reason, and the connection fails which in turn crashes the game. Needless to say, this shouldn't happen...

I've heard that there's that offline trick, but this is console game no one should be forced to use some "trick" to get it work. Plain and simple: console games should work in any situation, period.

Quite unacceptable.

Just want to send out a message of consideration and support for our sim-racing brothers/sisters on Xbox who can't play AC right now.

I may have a GTX 1080ti SLI setup now, but FM4 (with a CSRE wheel) is what got me really interested in sim racing (and it still holds up - I still have a complete rig set up just so I can drive the Peugeot 905 occasionally ;)).

Hi guys,
I'm struggling with the new problem on Xbox One. I launched the game yesterday and to my surprise all my settings, achievements, records, unlocks, etc. were missing. The game looks like to be launched for the first time (original settings, career mode locked). Has anyone the same problem?

Hi guys,
I'm struggling with the new problem on Xbox One. I launched the game yesterday and to my surprise all my settings, achievements, records, unlocks, etc. were missing. The game looks like to be launched for the first time (original settings, career mode locked). Has anyone the same problem?
The latest update (v1.15) wiped all career and event records and wheel settings, etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%