Assetto Corsa Corvette C7 announcement

Yup, but on a racetrack you almost never go beyond 5th, and very rarely 6th :p

Cum again.

That's what AC will be like when the production Oculus Rift is out :D

Tommy Milner's a massive sim racing fan as well as being a rapid real life pilot, so it would be very good to get some (cheap/free) endorsements out of him when the car's released. Hopefully this will really increase the sim's appeal in the US, make some serious coin for Kunos, and then the sky's the limit in terms of licenses and feature development :) That, plus it's one of the cars I was really looking forward to driving in AC. I'd assumed it'd probably be coming from the modders, so to have it officially licensed is beyond awesome!!! The real car has never seen Monza or Spa yet, but I'll make damn sure it gets to know those tracks well in-sim :)

But, HOW!!? It has to be some kind of lost in translation thing.....The picture they posted on Facebook is the GTLM which is GTE (GT2) guise. There is no official GT3. I'm more interested in the Stingray myself (I love road cars) but this really has me curious.
I just found this

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2014-corvette-stingray-gt3-by-callaway-ar159818.html
"The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray already has a lot of people from all over the world mesmerized. It’s the kind of once-in-a-lifetimesports car that can thrill anyone and if you’re a fan of GT3 racing, you might be in for a treat because the Corvette Stingray GT3 could will soon be on its way."

corvette-stingray-gt-1_800x0w.jpg

corvette-stingray-gt_800x0w.jpg

But, HOW!!? It has to be some kind of lost in translation thing.....The picture they posted on Facebook is the GTLM which is GTE (GT2) guise. There is no official GT3. I'm more interested in the Stingray myself (I love road cars) but this really has me curious.

I'm pretty sure it must be crossed wires, which unless you follow the sport really closely is a very easy thing to do! The only other options are that we'll get the Callaway version which is unlikely to actually see the light of day in the real world, or GM have intimated to Kunos that they're intending to do as SRT have done and build a GT3 version themselves, and there've been no hints or rumours of that in the press at all, which would be highly unusual.

Seems it may well be possible it's the Callaway GT3 car we're getting - got word that the project might not be as dormant as was indicated, and having a little dig further, the last concrete news that was heard was in mid-Jan, where it was announced the project was on hold pending sight of the new GT/GT+ regs. But the report also said it would be discussed at the end of January between Callaway and GM. Therefore it's entirely possible the project has been quietly ramped back up again without anyone noticing or reporting on it?

I'm really happy for this announce by KS guys, really a great deal. Also, we get road car for FREE!
For the race car, I really would like the GTE version, really fell in love first time I saw the new race car (already fell in love when the road car first appeared as pace car in a NASCAR race, can't remember which was. For me it's even sexier then a 458!). I didn't see nothing of the new GT3 Vers. so i will not talk about it until I will see some real pics and data :) either way, I'm really happy to have Chevrolet, I brand I've "lately" discovered, but that I really love :)

:thumbsup: Ottimo lavoro ragazzi!

P.s. @Aris can you please confirm once again the deal is for the GT3? Thank you!

Whilst the real GT3 hasn't gone past design stage whats the say Kunos couldn't fictionally create a C7 GT3 and use BoP to slot the car in with the Mclaren and BMW? It would make more sense than having 2x GT2's (458 + M3) 3x GT3 (BMW, Mclaren, Mercedes) and 1x GTE (C7).

Problem we have is because of FIA / ACO rules we have 2 rulesets and every year people wonder why we don't have Mclaren, Lamborghini etc all at Le Mans.. Whilst I prefer real life racing series I'd let the C7 be a slightly fictional spec and fit into the GT3 and give us a more complete grid to race.

Whilst the real GT3 hasn't gone past design stage whats the say Kunos couldn't fictionally create a C7 GT3 and use BoP to slot the car in with the Mclaren and BMW? It would make more sense than having 2x GT2's (458 + M3) 3x GT3 (BMW, Mclaren, Mercedes) and 1x GTE (C7).

Problem we have is because of FIA / ACO rules we have 2 rulesets and every year people wonder why we don't have Mclaren, Lamborghini etc all at Le Mans.. Whilst I prefer real life racing series I'd let the C7 be a slightly fictional spec and fit into the GT3 and give us a more complete grid to race.

I don't think Kunos would need to 'flesh it out' to a full car though. If Callaway and GM did decide to push on with the project when they sat down in January, then they've had over a month to progress the design, and depending how far along the design was when they originally put a hold on it in January, they could already have scale models for tunnel testing for all we know. We won't see the car in AC till September, which gives more than enough time for Callaway to feed through all their design data to Kunos as they build and engineer the real thing, and even if the real thing doesn't hit the track till June or July, it still gives them a couple of months to get sounds, cockpit details, etc. up to scratch before release.

Personally I still suspect there's been a miscommunication and it's more likely we're getting the GTE car though. Personally I'm not hugely fussed either way, both are good for me, although for the sake of authenticity I'd probably prefer the GT3 - the GTE car will never see the Nordschliefe in real life.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%