Assetto Corsa Console V1.03 Update Upcoming - Free Content Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Patch.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed an upcoming patch for the console version of Assetto Corsa has been entered into submission and should be deployed within the next weeks. The update will bring a number of fixes to framerates and tearing issues as well as two new pieces of free content, the Black Cat County circuit and the Maserati Levante four wheel drive SUV.

With many console players crying out for fixes to several areas of the game, news of the upcoming patch to version 1.03 will be very welcome indeed. Although an official change log and release date have yet to be announced, Kunos have gone so far as to confirm screen tearing and framerate issues have received attention and should be resolved as part of the update.

A brief preview changelog can be seen below:
  • Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
  • Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
  • On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
  • Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
  • A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
  • 2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
  • AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
A full list of additions, fixes and features will be published in due course.

There will also be 2 pieces of FREE BONUS CONTENT! (Everyone loves free stuff, right?)
  • The Black Cat County track will be available as part of our next major update, in the form of 3 different configurations.
  • Players will also be able to download the Maserati Levante S, the first Maserati SUV for FREE!

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC Now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussions and community comments on this simulation. Have a look through our substantial modding database, join in one of our epic club and league racing events or simply hang around with fellow fans of the sim.

How are you finding Assetto Corsa on console? Do you like the game? Do you think AC could rival the big console racing games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
A brief preview changelog can be seen below:
  • Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
There will also be 2 pieces of FREE BONUS CONTENT! (Everyone loves free stuff, right?)
  • The Black Cat County track will be available as part of our next major update, in the form of 3 different configurations.
  • Players will also be able to download the Maserati Levante S, the first Maserati SUV for FREE!
Good news for console users if it removes all tearing bugs.

Black Cat County is amazing too, for free it's better :)

BCC was for free on PC, so should be on consoles. And probably close to nobody purchased the Red Pack for the Levante. Hope Kunos is upgrading the GT3-cars to tire model 10 soon. With the Accuforce i can tell, that switching from 7 to 10 is sometimes really a reasonable step. Not all cars i like, but (the new) Zonda R, LaFerrari or this GT4 Maserati feeling ahead from the older tire model. Even more FFB-details now than before.

BCC was for free on PC, so should be on consoles. And probably close to nobody purchased the Red Pack for the Levante. Hope Kunos is upgrading the GT3-cars to tire model 10 soon. With the Accuforce i can tell, that switching from 7 to 10 is sometimes really a reasonable step. Not all cars i like, but (the new) Zonda R, LaFerrari or this GT4 Maserati feeling ahead from the older tire model. Even more FFB-details now than before.
Levante was never part of the Red Pack. It was simply released at the same time.

Until they fix multiplayer, this game is a failure on console. If you are a console player, please reply. PC players need not apply.

PS. Physics are great. Too bad you have to play with yourself.

great for console players! They will definitely enjoy the game better. I'd love to hear on PC news. We are getting to the end of the month so I don't think the first Porsche DLC wll come out in Sept, but I'd love a new game update.

Until they fix multiplayer, this game is a failure on console. If you are a console player, please reply. PC players need not apply.

PS. Physics are great. Too bad you have to play with yourself.
Far from a failure Rob. Great driving experience all round and when multiplayer is fully available it will be all the better but still plenty of playability as it stands :thumbsup:

Sorry for the triple posts. A record I'm sure, but on a cell. I love this game for the handling, but it's incomplete. On console, we have higher expectations because we know Microsoft's monopoly will not allow a decent update or patch schedule.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back