Assetto Corsa: Console Previews Released

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni, in conjunction with 505 Games have announced they are working together to bring the highly popular Italian racing simulator to the much larger PlayStation 4 and Xbox One market by the end of the first quarter of 2016. Up until today they have revealed very little detail about the progress of the project.

A series of screenshots and video previews have been released showcasing the game and some of the new and exciting content headed our way, including the Corvette C7 Stingray, the LaFerrari FXX-K and even the newly announced Ferrari 488GTB.

Known for providing one of the purest driving experiences in all of SimRacing, providing a vastly superior physics and force feedback package than any of it's soon-to-be console rivals (pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo), Kunos' co-founder Marco Massarutto has gone to great lengths to reassure fans that neither the PC nor console versions of the game will be diluted and 'dumbed down' to suit the more casual audience that inevitably comes with the console market, and from the early game play footage it looks as though Kunos have remained true to their word.

Additionally, the user interface of Assetto Corsa has been receiving an overhaul in time for the console release to make it more aesthetically pleasing and more user-friendly. Whilst it looks as if it can be a little clunky to scroll through the entire car list, the overall improvement is much needed.

Pre-order your PlayStation 4 copy here
Pre-order your Xbox One copy here

As the video trailer above states, the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released on the 22nd of April 2016. So make sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the news and previews concerning Assetto Corsa's upcoming console release and any and all other sim racing and motorsport news!

assettocorsa_1653873.png assettocorsa_1653883.png assettocorsa_1653893.png assettocorsa_1653903.png assettocorsa_1653913.png assettocorsa_1653923.png assettocorsa_1653933.png assettocorsa_1653953.png assettocorsa_1653983.png

Last edited:
Can I ask why people would even pick this up on the Xbox One?

Less cars, tracks, modes, options, AI competence, features, multiplayer modes, race types, weather conditions, career mode elements, and customization tools than Forza 6.

The guy who had his money spent on a console he will enjoy this game.
He doesn't need to invest on a gaming pc. (an example is my brother who has zero knowledge about pc's so he took my advice and now he has a cheap laptop for internet/office and a console for his (rare) needs of gaming) .
I bet that there are also many more like him.

For a long time I only had Xbox 360 and I bought pretty much every racing game that came out for it. And every time I wished that the physics were more realistic but still had fun playing them. Hate to think how many thousands of hours I spent with PGR3 and Forza2. Bought a little game called Race Pro and had my mind blown. It didn't have many cars and it didn't have a lot of tracks. It was buggy, it froze a lot, and MP was totally sketchy with far greater odds of getting dropped out of the lobby than actually finishing a race. Everything about the title screamed that no money had been spent on it, and much needed updates never happened. So pretty much everything about the game sucked; except the physics. The physics were on such another level from Forza and they were exactly what me and my group of friends were looking for at the time. None of my group of friends had really even considered PC gaming at that point, and finding out that Race Pro was a port from a PC game lit the spark in us to start exploring the world of PC sims.

I'm sure that there is a percentage of Forza players that are wanting a racing game with far more realistic physics and those people will be pleased as punch with AC. And some of them might even decide to buy a gaming pc and come join our hobby. (or they might read a few articles on a certain stupid blog and go running away at top speed)

+1

AC on console is probably not about competing with Forza & stuff. It's only about grabbing the small bunch of freaks that want something more realistic. Let's face it...if you want your sim racing to be somewhat realistic you are one tiny drop in the lake.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%