Assetto Corsa: Console Previews Released

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni, in conjunction with 505 Games have announced they are working together to bring the highly popular Italian racing simulator to the much larger PlayStation 4 and Xbox One market by the end of the first quarter of 2016. Up until today they have revealed very little detail about the progress of the project.

A series of screenshots and video previews have been released showcasing the game and some of the new and exciting content headed our way, including the Corvette C7 Stingray, the LaFerrari FXX-K and even the newly announced Ferrari 488GTB.

Known for providing one of the purest driving experiences in all of SimRacing, providing a vastly superior physics and force feedback package than any of it's soon-to-be console rivals (pCARS, Forza and Gran Turismo), Kunos' co-founder Marco Massarutto has gone to great lengths to reassure fans that neither the PC nor console versions of the game will be diluted and 'dumbed down' to suit the more casual audience that inevitably comes with the console market, and from the early game play footage it looks as though Kunos have remained true to their word.

Additionally, the user interface of Assetto Corsa has been receiving an overhaul in time for the console release to make it more aesthetically pleasing and more user-friendly. Whilst it looks as if it can be a little clunky to scroll through the entire car list, the overall improvement is much needed.

Pre-order your PlayStation 4 copy here
Pre-order your Xbox One copy here

As the video trailer above states, the console version of Assetto Corsa will be released on the 22nd of April 2016. So make sure to stick and stay with RaceDepartment.com for all the news and previews concerning Assetto Corsa's upcoming console release and any and all other sim racing and motorsport news!

assettocorsa_1653873.png assettocorsa_1653883.png assettocorsa_1653893.png assettocorsa_1653903.png assettocorsa_1653913.png assettocorsa_1653923.png assettocorsa_1653933.png assettocorsa_1653953.png assettocorsa_1653983.png

Last edited:
Man this could potentially do very well especially on PS4 with those guys not getting a racing game in a while. Considering how much kunos have done with 300k sales on steam, that many more on consoles could drum up some serious cash meaning more content, more staff, more features and less grey hair. I think it would make more of the sim devs think about it as well, im sure ISI and Reiza are looking on with interest.

Regardless i hope the game does well.

have to agree with the other post r.e. afraid it will flop on console.
seems like a big gamble that consolers will buy this without bells &whistles in the game that they normally get.
pretty much **** or bust with this one.
hopefully it does well, shall see.

<mod-edit: go troll elsewhere>
There are plenty of serious racers on console, that's not just the domain of the PC. I've been part of both communities and am currently on console for financial reasons (since 2010) but have had as much fun and competition on there as I used to have on pc.

The console crowd does not have a monopoloy on plebs... theres plenty of those on pc too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be cross-platform online multiplayer?
This is what Stefano said on AC official forum:
Cross platform is technically possible, we do test it all the time and it works without problem. However, I don't think we'll go for it because I expect the PC version to evolve more quickly and with more frequent updates than the console version so the compatibility would be broken in few weeks.
We might see cross platform MP once the project is considered done and we moved to something else.
:

Hah, in that car selection list he was going through it made me realize that 3 of the 9 pages or so are just Lotuses (or Lotii or whatever the plural is :p). Got that Gran Turismo with it's million versions of Skylines vibe from that. :D

Kunos have 3month exactly ... and they need mage huge improvment more than everest improvment ...
Assetto missing lot of basic features 1st one and huge truble in my opinion .... Static Time in MP ... playing endurance race for 2+hrs and time is still 15.00 ... and lord cat kunos say ... they nothing promiess it will be work WTF he sad ? im expecting this work as basic thing ..... and if AC dont will be have engine stall / starter , and brakes temps , Lunch Control button , ECU Maping engine (f1 style) .... and last and most important ... AC dont have TIRE APP ? it must be made by 3th party no official app ... well when 22april come and there nothing big improvment in gameplay and only more content adds ..im relly book flight ticket to italy and made terminator come to vallelunga guys ... KUNOS guys pls .dont take siesta and work harder ... reality will strike you very very hard ... eaven more critical than u expect ... im personaly play only AC but wtih this progres and style content adds im really thinkg about paying iracing + basic jetta tdi cup (cant wait for R18 TDI in AC) but ... till than im disgusted from Hotlaping 24/7

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 176 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%