Assetto Corsa Community Blog Update - January 2017

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Community Console Update.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have revealed their January Console Community Update for Assetto Corsa, bringing news of the long anticipated addition of private multiplayer lobbies, Porsche Volume III DLC details and a brief recap of all things AC on console from the last couple of weeks.

The studio have today confirmed that private lobbies for the console version of the title, something scandalously missing for the sim when AC shipped for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 back in August 2016, has finally reached the stage where submission into QA is expected as early as next week. Of course with the often protracted approvals process employed by both Microsoft and Sony still to come one shouldn't get too excited about seeing this functionality added in the immediate future. Regardless it is no doubt pleasant news to hear of tangible progress on this sorely missed feature of the sim. Of course I am not privy to the inside dealings of the process within Kunos, however I feel it would be fair to assume that with QA beginning next week and under the assumption that no unforeseen issues arise, submission to Microsoft and Sony, approval and a public release within the next couple of months or so should be a realistic expectation.

Other news from the January Community Blog shares with fans the expectation that the third and final Porsche DLC release for console is just around the corner, with the proposed update and DLC entering submission to the respective console developers next week. At present Kunos cannot offer an expected release date, however mid-to-late February feels like an appropriate guess based on previous releases from the console version of the title.

You can read the full Kunos Community Blog update below:

PRIVATE LOBBIES

Firstly, we want to thank our console players for their continued patience regarding private lobbies. We get asked almost every day when they’re likely to land on console and be rest assured, our team have been working incredibly hard to make them happen. It’s not an easy task for the developers but today, we’re happy to announce that private lobbies are heading into QA next week, so watch this space… The finish line is in sight!

PORSCHE PACK VOL. 3 DLC
The Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC is coming! We’re heading into submission next week so hopefully we’ll have a release date to share with you guys soon, as well as more info on what to expect in v 1.12.

Porsche Pack Volume 3 follows the first two DLC packs dedicated to the Porsche brand, introducing a selection of seven different vehicles. The pack places an emphasis on modern-day Porsche racing cars, including the entire 991 GT3 racing line and the latest 2016 Le Mans-winning 919 Hybrid, while also featuring two of the German brand’s most iconic racing cars, the 908 Lang-Heck and 917 K.

Volume 3 also brings players one of the most coveted modern road cars of the modern-day Porsche line-up, the Porsche 911 R, completing a perfect mix between road cars as well as modern and historic racing models.

PORSCHE PACK VOL. 3 DLC CARS
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S

SPECIAL EVENTS
For those who may have missed our news a couple of weeks ago, as part of our next console update, (v 1.12) our PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can expect 40 Special Events for The Red Pack, Porsche Pack Vol. 2 and the upcoming Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC…

SPECIAL EVENTS
  • 15 events for Red Pack DLC
  • 13 events for Porsche Pack #2 DLC
  • 12 events for Porsche Pack #3 DLC

We’re keeping things short today, but we want to take this opportunity once again to thank our players for their support… It means so much to us!

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni, available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Assetto Corsa Community Console Update 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Community Console Update 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Community Console Update 4.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to Porsche Volume III DLC for console versions of AC? Looking forward to the long awaited private lobbies? How is AC on console running for you at the moment? Let us know in the comments section below1

Last edited:
PR stuff on console appears to be done by an entirely different team. I feel their interactions on Facebook, Twitter, etc. are quite more professional then what they've been doing when AC was PC-only.

PR stuff on console appears to be done by an entirely different team. I feel their interactions on Facebook, Twitter, etc. are quite more professional then what they've been doing when AC was PC-only.
Feels soulless to me, I like to hear the passion of the team rather than the cleanest most polished meaningless announcements.

Feels soulless to me, I like to hear the passion of the team rather than the cleanest most polished meaningless announcements.
Generic announcements posted by a PR bot is all this community can handle, this very thread is proof of that. The fact that people are already upset over a car that hasn't even missed it's deadline for release (yet) shows that even the most generic of ETA's should also never be revealed.

Blah Blah..console this console that..and any PC news was totally ignored :roflmao: hopefully KS get their A into G in 2017 and focus on getting more tracks into AC .with all the car dlc's coming left right and center lately which has been excellent! having no new KS tracks to enjoy them all with is not...

https://www.facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1/posts/10208158700399200
Marco Massarutto
Let me apologize in advance if this time, the next free bonus content for Assetto Corsa that we are going to release will not be a SUV..

#February2017
16251573_10208158694679057_2393455377691632546_o.jpg
16402872_10208158694719058_3676430832157705868_o.jpg
16179766_10208158751480477_140142486049170203_o.jpg

Also from the comments:
I guess this is your way of saying "sorry but no 911 gte in january"
Marco Massarutto
Definetely I'm not sorry. We release cars when we are ready to do it, and Porsche Motorsport is still collecting the data of its newest car to allow us to reproduce it at our best. Also, since we'll update the Porsche Pack 3 for free with the RSR 2017, and in the meantime we have included the 911 Turbo S with no additional charge, we can't be sorry without reason.
1f642.png

And another image from last year:
15775117_10207947324154926_6702879308047386933_o.jpg

Ty for sharing this. I love this point:
"Also, since we'll update the Porsche Pack 3 for free with the RSR 2017, and in the meantime we have included the 911 Turbo S with no additional charge, we can't be sorry without reason."
Ok if you bought Porsche Pack 3 alone.
Not ok if drivers bought it with season pass (including 911 RSR at the beginning).

January is not February nor March even if it's not very important. I love Kunos product but I hate Kunos communications.

Wait a minute. Bonus content? This is awesome news for some of us.
But will those other people around here still think of it as free?
You know they can't stand the idea of free stuff.
Must be a pretty well off bunch of racers aroind here eh? ;)

Ty for sharing this. I love this point:
"Also, since we'll update the Porsche Pack 3 for free with the RSR 2017, and in the meantime we have included the 911 Turbo S with no additional charge, we can't be sorry without reason."
Ok if you bought Porsche Pack 3 alone.
Not ok if drivers bought it with season pass (including 911 RSR at the beginning).

January is not February nor March even if it's not very important. I love Kunos product but I hate Kunos communications.
And the season pass makes what kind of difference exactly? Regardless of if you've bought PP3 standalone or through the season pass (which gave almost one whole pack in savings over full price) the car has been delayed from PP3 and will release as free update to any PP3-owners when it's ready and in the meanwhile you got the Turbo S for free. Season pass or not makes zero difference. You buy a season pass acknowledging that the contents can change and they didn't even, just delayed.

And the season pass makes what kind of difference exactly? Regardless of if you've bought PP3 standalone or through the season pass (which gave almost one whole pack in savings over full price) the car has been delayed from PP3 and will release as free update to any PP3-owners when it's ready and in the meanwhile you got the Turbo S for free. Season pass or not makes zero difference. You buy a season pass acknowledging that the contents can change and they didn't even, just delayed.
Zero difference if you want. When I prepaid a car with 150hp in real life, I don't want a 130hp car day 0 and a "free" engine mapping to reach 150hp 3 months after.
I will not start a controversy but for me there are nothing really "free". Kunos devs don't work for 0 EUR so you paid it when we bought other DLCs. It's certain.

Heh, yeah Free if you paid kinda defeats the purpose of free. Still, the Porches were pretty fun so looking forward to it even if I'm a in a bit of an AC slump at the moment. Audi looks pretty rad.

Zero difference if you want. When I prepaid a car with 150hp in real life, I don't want a 130hp car day 0 and a "free" engine mapping to reach 150hp 3 months after.
I will not start a controversy but for me there are nothing really "free". Kunos devs don't work for 0 EUR so you paid it when we bought other DLCs. It's certain.
That's why it's a season pass... Maybe next time don't buy into a season pass if you're not happy with the concept of it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back