Assetto Corsa coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Assetto Corsa Goes Console.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has announced Assetto Corsa will be available on Xbox One and Playstation 4 in 2016.

After rumors and pictures of the Playstation 4 developer kit floating around the Kunos Simulazioni office, it is now officially confirmed: the Italian studio will team up with 505 Games to bring Assetto Corsa to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One platforms (full press release below). The popular racing sim will appear in console-land in 2016, though there's no exact release date for now.

You can take a look at the console launch trailer above, and interestingly, it looks like the console version will feature all the contents released so far on PC along with some spiffy new toys like the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, the Bonus pack cars like the Toyota GT86, the Audi Quattro and what looks like the 2015 Ferrari F1 car.

It'll be interesting to see if the team will update Assetto Corsa's core features for the console release, or perhaps add a slightly more fleshed out career mode.

What do you think of Assetto Corsa going to console? Let us know in the comments!

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks.

The standout stars of the game are of course the cars themselves; Assetto Corsa has partnered with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers to license life-like models of the genre’s biggest stars, from Ferrari to Fiat, from McLaren to Mercedes, and Lamborghini to Lotus.

Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism that Assetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as
  • Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
  • Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game
Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari. This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.

Asseto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content, and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016. Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.

Interesting since I thought they were against consoles...so the $ created a change of heart? What ever is better so Kunos can survive in the market.

1. I think from a business point of view it's a no brainer. More revenue from sales.
2. From a project manager's point of view they better have adequate staff to provide support (& testing) for the consoles since it would be terrible to cannibalize support from the PC platform. I like how it was established as a PC baselined sim THEN "port" over to consoles. Good priorities.
3. From customer's point of view I find it that it would provide more value since they would be competing w/ pCars; therefore, in theory competition would yield more features and increased quality.

Well, I hope the porting is outsourced to 505 Games and Kunos keeps improving the base content. Otherwise, I'm a little bit worried... I hope the physics model won't be simplified to cater to consoles.

Most people who want AC for PC have already got it, this is a massive revenue generator for the foreseeable future for Kunos. Anyone who has bought Forza, Pcars or GT on console will buy this in a heartbeat. That is potentially millions of sales. As a business it makes perfect sense which I have no problem with, the problem for me is PC purchases have funded this expansion into console's yet after more than 6 months after a full 1.00 release we still have fundamental problems which does annoy me tad.
Why you keep forgetting that Kunos is still working on the PC and will continue to do so. 505 Games will do the console porting, So the base of Kunos will still keep working on the pc version; so keep the game feedback and dlc sales coming, because if the community responds well, the developers will so as well. A dev studio only struggles with working a game when they don't have resources, so if the community gives them game feedback and contribute on dlc sales, we will only benefit ourselves, because we are giving Kunos means to make AC better. The upcoming content and update v1.2 is a reflection of that.

Why you keep forgetting that Kunos is still working on the PC and will continue to do so. 505 Games will do the console porting,

Aristotelis has just said over at the AC forums that Kunos have a team in-house doing the port themselves.

The question now is: is this console team composed of new or old employees?

Judging by the fact Kunos were looking to hire new employees specifically with experience on consoles, I'd say it's more likely the former than the latter, so the core development team shouldn't be affected too badly I imagine.

Why you keep forgetting that Kunos is still working on the PC and will continue to do so. 505 Games will do the console porting, So the base of Kunos will still keep working on the pc version; so keep the game feedback and dlc sales coming, because if the community responds well, the developers will so as well. A dev studio only struggles with working a game when they don't have resources, so if the community gives them game feedback and contribute on dlc sales, we will only benefit ourselves, because we are giving Kunos means to make AC better. The upcoming content and update v1.2 is a reflection of that.
Maybe the fact AC is unfinished is clouding my view. Maybe it would be good if they came out and said the console version will give us the resources to push the PC version further would be nice.

I am a offline player and I am thoroughly disappointed with this aspect of AC, so it does worry me.

I only have premium membership on RD so I can keep Bram in cigarettes and alcohol.

Let the console crowd pay for future car and track linceses. :thumbsup:
Don't think anybody is against that. Let's hope some of that big revenue is spend in addressing the online part of AC as well and lets not wait until 2016 for that to happen.

Can imagine that the base content also needs to be extended for a console release so extra tracks for PC gamers are a nice bonus if that happens.

505 Games is a publisher, they are not a developer, so they most likely won't do any coding. I fully expect every developer at Kunos (Stefano) to work on the port. And I would not be surprised if that is what they've been doing since the 1.0 release. For the PC they will do some bugfixes and maybe some features that they can also use on consoles, and release DLC packs (for which they can hire artists or buy existing models).

The consoles are x86-based, there're at least three times more potential customers and with more racing titles there will be more buyers for wheels and Kunos will certainly make clear, that the best experience you get only with a wheel. More money means more content and I think, R3E should go this path too.

The consoles are x86-based, there're at least three times more potential customers...

Not according to my research.

Let's assume that we can estimate the PC customer base by looking at the Steam community. If we do that, then we have a community of 125 million users [1]. Now let's estimate the "next gen" console market. The PS4 has about 30 million users, and the XBox One about 20 million [2]. That last article also predicts that by 2019 those numbers are 80 and 60 million. So even if the PC community no longer grows, in 2019 those consoles combined will have a marginally larger user base.

Definitely not the "at least three times more". But maybe you have different statistics?

[1] http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/
[2] http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ll-xbox-one-by-40-percent-through-2018-report

Not according to my research.

Let's assume that we can estimate the PC customer base by looking at the Steam community. If we do that, then we have a community of 125 million users [1]. Now let's estimate the "next gen" console market. The PS4 has about 30 million users, and the XBox One about 20 million [2]. That last article also predicts that by 2019 those numbers are 80 and 60 million. So even if the PC community no longer grows, in 2019 those consoles combined will have a marginally larger user base.

Definitely not the "at least three times more". But maybe you have different statistics?

[1] http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/
[2] http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ll-xbox-one-by-40-percent-through-2018-report

I was referring to actual game-sales on these platforms. The console-versions are always selling better than the PC-port. Like CoD ghosts had three times more sales for PS4 than for PC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 171 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 232 13.6%