Assetto Corsa: Cars are slower in multiplayer.

Firstly hello to all, I am new to Race Department.

This is a problem I have experienced with other games on consoles as well. I am reasonably new to PC and haven't done much online, but I did play a little bit of Race 07 online and never experienced this problem (refer to title).

But this did happen to me in a big way on Xbox 360 with Race Pro, and the more cars in the lobby the worse it was. I believe it has everything to do with my crappy internet connection, which is 7.03 mbps download, and 0.32 mbps upload. Yes you saw correctly 0.32 upload, and that is measured on speedtest.net and at best. Also I live in Sydney Australia, but not that that should matter. This is the fastest connection I have available to my house, so I am pretty much screwed in that department.

I will give you an example of what I mean by cars are slower in multiplayer. I have clocked up nearly 600 hours on AC, and consider myself to be a pretty decent driver. I run a 10 lap multiplayer race on Vallelunga with the McLaren GT3, and can only once (pushing very hard and clean) manage a 1:33.8xx. Every other lap was 1:34.xxx and they were clean and fast. Yet when I hotlap with same car and exact same settings, I consistently run 1:33.5xx or around that. And pushing hard can manage a 1:32.9xx.

My question is, has anybody else experienced this? I googled it and came up with zilch.

I am very frustrated and have tested this out now with different cars and track combos and still the same. Like I said, I believe it's my shitty internet so unless someone else has a similar internet speed to me, I doubt you will notice this, but I have no way of playing AC anywhere else to test my theory.

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back