Resource icon

Misc Assetto Corsa Car Tuner 1.52

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • ronniej

I personally think this is a great idea..And if the online system does hash and file checks then I don't see an issue, as people have been playing with the files since the game was released. It brings another fun element to the game imo, but you can always count on some fools to ruin something like this for the rest of the adults. However, there are some points that Alex72 has mentioned, and it would be interesting to hear what the Kunos camp has to say.... I assume that they are mostly in the background now that they have basically sold the game recently and might not be too concerned as like I said, what does it matter if there is an app for what a lot of folks were doing already, and it hasn't been an issue.

I personally think this is a great idea..And if the online system does hash and file checks then I don't see an issue, as people have been playing with the files since the game was released. It brings another fun element to the game imo, but you can always count on some fools to ruin something like this for the rest of the adults. However, there are some points that Alex72 has mentioned, and it would be interesting to hear what the Kunos camp has to say.... I assume that they are mostly in the background now that they have basically sold the game recently and might not be too concerned as like I said, what does it matter if there is an app for what a lot of folks were doing already, and it hasn't been an issue.
You're not even allowed to discuss doing it on the official forum...the devs do not want you ripping open their purposely encrypted files...

• ronniej

You're not even allowed to discuss doing it on the official forum...the devs do not want you ripping open their purposely encrypted files...
Ah, okay then that should settle it. Just a matter of time before Kunos reaches out to RD I suppose.

@Victor_
Your tool for AC is really a great job. I am curious about how far you can develop this tool further. Can you really with this tool, for example, several GT3 vehicles the same engine, the same transmission, the same Tires and other driving characteristics. And if so, maybe you can give an example how to do it best. If that is the case, it would be a huge advance to the capabilities of different GT3 vehicles, which in turn raises the game play for offline races strongly.

Screenshot 2017-02-25 18.29.21.png

From the official forum today...but if RD wants to openly host something that Kunos would very much dislike...it's their forum....

Hi there my suggestion so you can achieve this:

I have tried but it didn't work. The car upgrade could be selected in-game, but when I actually tried to start a race the game would quit as if the file was corrupt. I think this is due to some piracy protection since it involves copying the folder of the car that you wish to make an upgrade of. It might work with modded cars though.

This is all related to the name of the files.

For example:

Original car name: ks_carname
Tuned version: carname_tuned

Instead of using a Tune folder inside the original car folder. You can create a new folder with a copy of the original files but with the names altered.

For each file of the original car, you have to copy it to the altered created folder. Also, inside all the config files, where the files are mentioned, they have to be mentioned as altered name version.

It will probably fix the problem of the game crashing when you start it. Please let me know if I wasn't clear enough.

Hope it can help you.

Last edited:
Victor_ updated Assetto Corsa Car Tuner with a new update entry:

Assetto Corsa Car Tuner 1.50

New in update:
  • Tunes no longer replace the stock car. Tunes will now be a selectable upgrade in-game. However this means that every time you make a new tune you will have to "general settings" and click "clear car preview cache" for them to appear in-game.
  • UI has been slightly updated, you no longer have to click install tune or save tune, only click apply if you have made any changes in "Basic Tuning", "Advanced Tuning" still saves automatically.
  • You should now be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Love the idea of creating a new car altogether. The only issue I have with it is that I end up losing all my history with that car in regards to miles driven, and best lap times. Anyway to migrate that info to the new car at all?

Per the EULA,
[The] LICENSEE may not use, disclose, modify, reproduce or distribute the SOFTWARE except as expressly permitted in this AGREEMENT.

Which seems to indicate that modifying of any sort is not permitted, and yet we know this not to be Kunos' stance on modding. So there's a bit of grey area, and yes I fully acknowledge that an application such as this seems dodgy on the surface, however if people are only using it for their own personal use, then we (RaceDepartment) have absolutely no issue with it. However, if Kunos request the removal of this mod from our site, then of course we will oblige.

As with modding there is always some grey area (i.e. why people have no issue with sponsorship mods on track side banners, yet they question something like this, when both technically breach the EULA. Or some modders charging actual money for cars they've created despite having zero permissions from the very manufacturers they're replicating), so if we receive an official clarification from Kunos on this particular mod then we'll be more than happy to remove it.

I dont see any legal problem in this app itself.
For example, i try it to modify some mod cars, to create a balanced offline championship with other original cars. After last update i will try to copy the engine of the original cars on the mod cars, to have similar performance, thats all.
But if it's also used to balance some original cars between each others, always in offline use, i dont think it is a big problem.... No difference with some banners mod or more pitboxes mod on the original tracks...
If i'm not wrong, the data.acd files was already decryptable with quickbms (the same used by this tool) so the problem is not the Car Tuner.....

Last edited:
Ok i have some questions again :)

Torque is everything right ? i mean to make car more powerful You need to upgrade torque
to upgrade torque you need to find a file. ini and here is the problem - which one describes torque ? Power.lut or power_ORI.lut ?

Can You change this strange system + add torque by percentage ? or add some display to this system like stock torque/ current torque ?
also would be nice to have opportunity to undo our actions :) thanks

If i'm not wrong, the data.acd files was already decryptable with quickbms (the same used by this tool) so the problem is not the Car Tuner.....
QuickBMS wasn't hosted on RD cause it's not legal...

The track texture & pitbox mods do not modify original Kunos files because it's ways the game was designed to be modified so it's only a matter of adding files, this one does modify original files, that makes it not allowed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back