Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
It took a bit of searching and a willingness to drive any car, but I got into a server with two others. One of which was idle the entire time. I was in a rush to check it out when i saw the update was released so I forgot to start the logitec profiler so i had no ffb thru qualifying and 1st lap until i started it. Did absolutely no "racing", but I whole lot of flying around turns sideways only to spin out and crash into one another. Ended up essentially playing tag. Sounds like it defeats the purpose of the sim but nevertheless it was great fun. Mostly just glad to see it working! Other than the flood of people making booking difficult, it worked flawlessly. Just have some patience when trying to book guys. U will get in and its worth every second.

I haven't actually looked at AC today. so im not sure. I presume from this booking thing, that its kind of like " ok the gates are open, the first 20 people to get in can race here, everyone else will have to get the next one" Which means you are racing against complete strangers. I understand you can pre-book a session so it can be used specifically for a league, which can all be friends, but on the whole, if you just book a place in a session, its gonna be with "randoms" Is there a way you can just kinda do a little session with just you and a couple of friends.

I dont want to dive right in with everyone else just yet, i fear i am not up to standard and im more likely to crash and cause a problem for everyone else (same for my friends) so we would like to just be able to race against each other for a little bit until we all get used to cars not following the AI line.

Or would that sort of thing require someone to setup a dedicated server?
Although.... Is the LAN system active yet, if it is, i guess you could Hamachi a connection between friends and trick it into thinking its Lan.. would that be possible??

Or is none of that possible yet and you just have to race against whoever is there in the session with you?

One thing I noticed on Silverstone is that the penalty system seems much tougher then originally. Often I'm getting penalties for straying onto the opposite side of the kerbs despite having 2 wheels on track.
I'm seeing the same thing but seems to be on other tracks as well. I was penalised when some numpty pushed me off the track and again when I went to go back on track but crossed from grass to concrete pathway to grass before getting back on track. KS tweaking needed.

thanks for the info guys.

So all these servers that you have to book a place for, you can actually book a whole server just for you and your friends?

Edit... ok i just went and actually looked, it makes more sense now. You wasnt saying you can book it out to just you guys, you meant, if we pick an empty server, then it will probably just end up being us guys that are there anyway...

Lan isnt active, although the code might be there and the menu is just deactivated (like AI and race mode was for ages), i will look into that later, thats easy to check.. if it is active you might still be able to hamachi a connection..

Its a shame the servers are already preset, it would be nice to have a set of Blank slate servers and whoever get to one first can setup what track and cars to use, for 1 race session. kinda like having a dedicated where you choose the options, but they are still hosted by the official AC servers

I think a whatsapp texting list may be needed to let the guys know when the booking window is open and am not even being sarcastic. ..the system is nuts

Did you try to filter the server list with 'booking open servers' only?

Then it's quite easy to find some nice servers to race on. You can filter by using the red icons in the lobby just above the server list.

i cant join my own server but 24 other drivers can...
it seems you cant join your own server, but i had this problem in GSC while others can do this
don't know if others can join there own server in AC.
good news is after the last update in GSC i can now join my own server so ill wait for a update.
or the possibility to join through LAN..

But the good news is all RD servers seem to be running flawlessly.:)

Hmm can not find any of these servers?
Or are they in the locked servers?

Found them but whats the password then?

Did you try to filter the server list with 'booking open servers' only?

Then it's quite easy to find some nice servers to race on. You can filter by using the red icons in the lobby just above the server list.

ofc..already done a couple of races with some charming people on not so great servers and yes it is nice and easy...but that is not what I was eluding too. I was eluding to an RD server starting a 2 hour session with only 7 guys and not possible for more to join...this is far from an ideal scenario :(

ofc..already done a couple of races with some charming people on not so great servers and yes it is nice and easy...but that is not what I was eluding too. I was eluding to an RD server starting a 2 hour session with only 7 guys and not possible for more to join...this is far from an ideal scenario :(

I agree partially. It could be nice to have some servers that you could join whilst in practice session.

But if you set your server on regular join times (4servers: each server has a booking time at 15 minutes: i.e. : 20:15 server 1, 20:30 server 2, etc) it might give some coordination,

Of course I know it's not iRacing but it would be really quite beneficial to be able to just jump into a prac session. Without all the kerfuffle. For one thing it would get shed loads more people testing the MP. Right now I'm just seeing precisely that which turns me off from rFactor or nK - a long list of inconsistent sessions and no sense of community anywhere...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back