Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to host a server yet? I keep on getting error registering to lobby..apart from that did a few laps on the RD imola gt server no probs at all

i cant join my own server but 24 other drivers can...
it seems you cant join your own server, but i had this problem in GSC while others can do this
don't know if others can join there own server in AC.
good news is after the last update in GSC i can now join my own server so ill wait for a update.
or the possibility to join through LAN..

But the good news is all RD servers seem to be running flawlessly.:)

i cant join my own server but 24 other drivers can...
it seems you cant join your own server, but i had this problem in GSC while others can do this
don't know if others can join there own server in AC.
good news is after the last update in GSC i can now join my own server so ill wait for a update.
or the possibility to join through LAN..

But the good news is all RD servers seem to be running flawlessly.:)
i was able to join my own server

how does the booking system work exactly? From what I saw - and i've only spent five minutes having a quick look at the interface - the server admin sets a booking time, everyone joins in that period of time, then when the timer runs down, server starts. No one can join after this, and if you leave, you stay "booked in" so can rejoin?

I also set up a server and tried to cancel my booking after i had joined, and could not. So if you have a 20 man server, 20 book, join, hate it, leave, no one can join afterwards?

Please correct any assumptions i've made incorrectly, just trying to understand the system.

I start game and new update available - 0.9.3 :)

- Launcher filter options added

- Password bug fixed
- Race.ini related bugs solved
- Launcher multiplayer screen: even higher leniency towards timeouts

Why i cannot enter any server?
i0jWAeG.jpg

Aristotelis Vasilakos

"The booking system is specifically designed for leagues. Eliminates join lag, makes servers much more stable, permits rejoining in case of disconnection.

Also, specifically for leagues, you can pre-book your clients and they will find the server open and ready to join at any session they want.

Give it some time to learn how it works and of course wait for the improvements and new features"

was hoping this wasn't the case. I can see they are trying to do something iracing-like, but as of now it's way too intrusive.
Its early days. Well its the 1st day really :). To keep an eye on server loads etc I can see the booking idea being very useful from a technical standpoint. There is nobody 'jumping in' once a session has begun so KS can limit the variables they have to watch for in the Alpha.

It'll change don't worry. :)

wanted to join the rd gt2 server but missed the booking period. One poor guy made it in time and will be racing in his own for the next 60 minutes! Really is a crazy system. I know they will rearrange it, but as of now it's a bit of a nightmare if you just want to pug :(

My PC is bad, but not as bad as AC multiplayer is making it out. I can run solo at 1080p with everything in low with locked 60FPS via v-sync. With grid of 15-20 cars, to get 50-60 fps I need to go down to 1366X768.

On Multiplayer, there was one room with about 12 cars and I got a CPU Warning, and on the pit lane it was pretty much unplayable. I know Multiplayer will demand more from the PC, but I wasn't expecting it to be this much. Oh well, definitely no MP for me. :( :( I'm seriously gonna cry.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back