Assetto Corsa: Build 0.9 Released (with multiplayer)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Due to a few delays it took Kunos Simulazioni a little extra time to deliver the announced multiplayer functionality to the community. Today the wait ends as issues have been fixed and tested and are now available via a Steam update for customers.

Besides a whole bunch of servers provided by Kunos the community has start hosting the first multiplayer rooms already and of course you are more than welcome to visit the official RD servers as well.

Buy Assetto Corsa for only 34,99 EUR directly from the RD Store here

The 0.9 upgrade of Assetto Corsa brings the following features to the PC simulation.

Working Features:
  • Booking system
  • Pre-booked clients from server admins
  • Password protected server for booking
  • Password saving for different servers
  • Multi class races
  • Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
  • Select penalty system or not.
  • Track cycling
  • Loop mode
  • Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
  • Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
  • Dedicated server available.
  • 10 public official servers
Known Issues
  • Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number
  • with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
  • Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
  • Steering wheels angles might appear exaggerated, or inverted
  • Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
  • Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
  • Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
  • Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
  • Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
  • “Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
  • Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

Last edited:
what jari says.. if you have a good connection smooth as a baby bum... but some one with high ping.. they just ghost..all over the place...lol

My connection is good, but my ping will always be 190-200 minimum to European servers.

No problems to rFactor/rFactor 2 servers with that ping, so hopefully they could solve it for Assetto Corsa too. :thumbsup:

2 things I noticed so far... my performance took a big hit, not sure if it is my pc, MP or the new build in general... needs some testing on my side.

Second thing some servers are either disappearing or simply not showing in the lobby, was on the RD Monza GT Server, left the server and now it isn't in the lobby anymore... the official Kunos servers are also not in the lobby anymore (for me atleast :))

Well @Dave Begley and I experienced an unhinged kind of error... I was drafting him on the front straight at Monza, I pulled out of the draft and suddenly we seemed to hit some kind of reverse black hole that materialised between our cars... Dave was sent flying past the first chicane while I found myself back in the gravel trap at Parabolica.

:speechless:

Glad it's finally out. Now I can wait until Sunday to download the latest version once the major issues are sorted out. Absolutely no point in trying tonight.

This is what I was hoping to do last week when we had the Bank Holiday on Monday in the UK.

I'm very disapoint with how this booking thing works... LFS multiplayers was such a dream, but oh well, its early days! I'm sure it will improve

booking should be open during practice too...

MP broke for me, tried twice now and both times I just get "WARNING, CPU OCCUPANCY>95%" with a complete jerk fest :cry:

yeah seen that twice now... never had it before even with full AI grid! I got a 2600K @ 4,5Ghz so quite decent...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back