1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Assetto Corsa: Audi License

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Chris Stacey, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Our first hint of an upcoming license has been revealed with this picture from Marco Massarutto's Facebook page.

Thanks to this, one can make an educated guess that the Audi R8 GT3 will be one of the first cars to be produced from the Italian developers, as It recieved the most number of votes out of all the Audi cars to choose from in their survey conducted late last year, with the Audi brand receiving the most number of votes overall.

image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 24
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. awesome. not a surprise at all but very nice to know. gt3 class feels really lacking w/out the audi which gives me the impression of being one of the best all-around cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Very cool!

"Vorsprung durch Technik" - "Advantage through technology"

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

God I really hope your right on the R8 theory, although an R18 would be just as welcome!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yes, I like the R8
    bring it on!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Woohoo
    next up - porsche RUF GT3 :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Justin

Justin
    #1 overuser of the :P emoticon

The Audi R8 GT3 along with hopefully any one of Audi's LMPs would be fantastic additions :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. R18 !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. More official cars is always a good thing! The R8 is an amazing machine. Could there be Lamborghinis incoming as well?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Good news! Really pleased to see a massive manufacturer like Audi on board. They have such a rich history of iconic cars so we could be in for some treats!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Neither a R8 nor a R18 got me excited, to each their own though.
    What i see here is another opportunity to give the E30 some competition (still silently hoping for the Alfa 75 announcement, too).

How about this:
    24666_1245831347159.jpg
    6357544201_e724b45b1f_z.jpg
    2012-04-02-019.jpg

That's the one i'd love to see in AC :).

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Audi will be likely available via DLC.
    Diesel LMP - how boring they sound.
    I hope for R8 V8 LMP car :)

Elliot, maybe you are new to PC Gaming, but Lambo license is impossible to get. :thumbsdown::cry:

13. I would love for the LMP cars to be in there!

Not new to PC gaming, I just don't don't follow licenses that closely. :(

14. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Wasn't there a Lambo licensed game for the N64 years ago?

15. airutonpurosuto8912

airutonpurosuto8912
    needforspeedgamer

I'd like to see an Audi R8 LMS ultra GT3 and the Audi R18 e-tron quattro (2014), plus the classic Audi DTM car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. I'm looking forward to finding out how these cars feel to drive. They really interest me from TV.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz
    Premium Member

I would rather see a more common prototype car such as an Oreca LMP2 or a Tatuus PY12 as previously teased over a LMP1.

Anyway for the Audi license, I hope for a R8 LMS, a S1 Quattro because legend and a 90's DTM car to compete against the beemer. Anything else is bonus.

edit: also a DTM-spec RS5 would be a very nice addition. Not sure if they are able to license it though, I reckon simbin has exclusivity rights over this series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Any reason in particular?

Personally now that a very good F1 mod seems to be coming along, an LMP1 would be what i want from Kunos.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  19. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz
    Premium Member

Honeslty I couldn't say precisely why, I guess it's just a matter of personal preference ;)
    I've never been attracted to modern LMP1s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. yes cant wait for r8 and sls gt3 !!

• Like Like x 1