Assetto Corsa: Alfa Romeo officially licensed

Andreas Knöpke

Let's drive side by side!
Alfa Romeo 02.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni announced today the an official license agreement with Alfa Romeo, bringing various car models of the famous Italian manufacturer to the PC racing simulator.

The press release below gives more insight and information on how the two Italian brands teamed up.

"Alfa Romeo is one of the most popular brands in the world and it represents, as well as Ferrari, a symbol of the automotive history.

It is also one of the most wanted car brands for racing games: each time we announce a new license, Assetto Corsa enthusiasts ask us to include Alfa Romeo car models in the game.

As you might remember, in our recent poll we asked to gamers which car Brands they would like to get in Assetto Corsa in future: we did it with the aim to drive our investment decisions in the right way. Alfa Romeo has resulted as one of the most voted brands: so, we are very glad to announce that Alfa Romeo has been officially licensed for the racing game Assetto Corsa! In addition, at least one Alfa Romeo car model will be included in the 1.0 version of the game, we are pretty sure you will appreciate this addition, that will be provided for free.

We are pleased to announce that the three top-voted by the public have been confirmed for production, to delight of fans:
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Alfa Romeo GTA
  • Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
Other Alfa Romeo models will be unveiled soon. We'll be happy to share with our fans the making oft his beautiful italian cars that will be reproduced with the maximum fidelity in order to guarantee the best possible accuracy of physics and tactility of feeling.

We would like also thank all our active AC fans, who purchasing the game and sharing with us their feedback and suggestions, give us the energy and the resources we need to evolve and improve Assetto Corsa more than we ever imagined."

Alfa Romeo 01.jpg Alfa Romeo 02.jpg Alfa Romeo 03.jpg

I can't help but feel the Alfa 75 would have been the better car to put in game for exactly that reason.
I assume the 155 should be faster (i'm speculating here, please enlighten me if i'm wrong), which would mean we get two new cars which we won't have anything to race against. As much as i love the Giulia, i think it would have been more sensible to choose a car that already has a counterpart in game. Unless Kunos has got something more in the pipeline that we don't know about.
Apart from my nitpicking i guess more is always better, curious what's still to come.
Your right about the 155 and the E30. The E30 DTM was much earlier than the 155 and while they might have raced in the same year (I think) they would have been in different classes. The 155 is a Class 1 touring car which were just nuts, there really was nothing to compare that class with at the time but hopefully some modders will make the other 2 class 1 cars

There's always the chance of a Step 2 version for either the BMW or the upcoming Alfa that puts them in the same class. Not necessarily a thing for modders after all. ;)

I'm sure Aris is aware of the fact that we'd love to have 2 same spec retro DTM cars. :cool:

Wasn't there an E36 BMW DTM car which would have been a match for the 155?

In fact it was a war between the Alfa 155, Opel with the Calibra, BMW E36, Merc with the 190 I believe?

Last edited:
There is no lack of joy & happiness :D

But personally I'd rather see them get on and done with v1.0 and then put all the newly licensed cars in future DLC. I just fear that they use these extra-v1.0-cars as an excuse to delay the release of the game.

And yes, I know that building cars has nothing to do with the coding of the game's features but my point is that if they know the car building takes time, then maybe there is no real hurry to work on the features as much as it would be needed. Again, this might be total nonsense and it's just my assumption but somehow I find it odd, that...
  • first they delay a game by 1 year,
  • then they release parts of it as Early Access,
  • then they prolong the version numbers,
  • and now they keep adding stuff that will be included into v1.0 which has yet to get a proper release date.
  • Not to mention that nothing seems to be final in the game so far, which I think is totally awkward considering that 2 years ago in August they mentioned a release with all the standard features later on that year (2012).
So yes, call me negative but I think it's a complete mess. :D
Yet I hope they're gonna prove me wrong and the game will become even better very soon. :inlove:

There is no lack of joy & happiness :D

But personally I'd rather see them get on and done with v1.0 and then put all the newly licensed cars in future DLC. I just fear that they use these extra-v1.0-cars as an excuse to delay the release of the game.

And yes, I know that building cars has nothing to do with the coding of the game's features but my point is that if they know the car building takes time, then maybe there is no real hurry to work on the features as much as it would be needed. Again, this might be total nonsense and it's just my assumption but somehow I find it odd, that...
  • first they delay a game by 1 year,
  • then they release parts of it as Early Access,
  • then they prolong the version numbers,
  • and now they keep adding stuff that will be included into v1.0 which has yet to get a proper release date.
  • Not to mention that nothing seems to be final in the game so far, which I think is totally awkward considering that 2 years ago in August they mentioned a release with all the standard features later on that year (2012).
So yes, call me negative but I think it's a complete mess. :D
Yet I hope they're gonna prove me wrong and the game will become even better very soon. :inlove:
It is early access. Early access means unfinished with the chance of the developer coming out of closet at any time he wants and saying it is 1.0 finished. If you don't like that approach or don't think you are getting your moneys worth now don't buy the early access game now.

I get your point about the delays and and the worry about the version numbers but actually it doesn't matter at all when ac is called 0.9 or 1.0. It is playable right now. Stuff is being released when it is ready to be released. For the alfas it makes absolutely no difference whether that moment of release happens in 0.9 or 1.0.

People need to understand that version numbers don't mean anything. Only thing that matters is that bigger number is better. 1.0 is not magical number. Version numbers and tags like alpha/beta are leftovers from the 1990s when those words meant something. Nowadays they don't mean anything.

I'm not hinting or trying to say there is anything wrong with ac. But it is early access and when you are buying early access game you need to understand what are you actually paying for and what you are getting.

I give version 1.0 2 to 3 months.

I would be shocked if it went beyond that.

They started work on the ring few weeks ago. Which would indicate spa is done or near it.

Most of the 1.0 content is done i would bet hence the no more content coming to 1.0 stance while they polish and bug fix.

Dunno how good it looks for the ring in september though, guess that depends how fast they can finish up the beta phase we in now. Well and how quickly Slv3 can build nord. 3 4 months start to finish? while forza claimed what 130,000 hours to to do theirs lol we shall see.

I give version 1.0 2 to 3 months.

I would be shocked if it went beyond that.

They started work on the ring few weeks ago. Which would indicate spa is done or near it.

Most of the 1.0 content is done i would bet hence the no more content coming to 1.0 stance while they polish and bug fix.

Dunno how good it looks for the ring in september though, guess that depends how fast they can finish up the beta phase we in now. Well and how quickly Slv3 can build nord. 3 4 months start to finish? while forza claimed what 130,000 hours to to do theirs lol we shall see.

I share your optimism, I think it'll be around 3-5 months before 1.0.
I'm literally salivating at the thought of getting my hands on Spa.

Also, that 100,000 man hours to build the Nordschliefe that Forza is claiming just reaks of BS in my opinion.

my guesses--

-GTA Historic DLC
-either 4C or 155 could be free
-1 of the above dream pack DLC; i would guess whichever won the voting?

to those talking about this delaying "1.0" (which for a game that is already publically available & will continue to be regularly updated, hopefully, years after 'release'), theyve already mentioned a bunch of very significant content (spa, laferrari, in fact i believe all cars whos licenses have been acquired in the past few months) will be free "post 1.0". their last several updates have been core changes & they haven't released content in some time which is frustrating other users. i'd say their priority is 100% on getting a release-ready version ASAP.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%