Assetto Corsa: Alfa Romeo officially licensed

Andreas Knöpke

Let's drive side by side!
Alfa Romeo 02.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni announced today the an official license agreement with Alfa Romeo, bringing various car models of the famous Italian manufacturer to the PC racing simulator.

The press release below gives more insight and information on how the two Italian brands teamed up.

"Alfa Romeo is one of the most popular brands in the world and it represents, as well as Ferrari, a symbol of the automotive history.

It is also one of the most wanted car brands for racing games: each time we announce a new license, Assetto Corsa enthusiasts ask us to include Alfa Romeo car models in the game.

As you might remember, in our recent poll we asked to gamers which car Brands they would like to get in Assetto Corsa in future: we did it with the aim to drive our investment decisions in the right way. Alfa Romeo has resulted as one of the most voted brands: so, we are very glad to announce that Alfa Romeo has been officially licensed for the racing game Assetto Corsa! In addition, at least one Alfa Romeo car model will be included in the 1.0 version of the game, we are pretty sure you will appreciate this addition, that will be provided for free.

We are pleased to announce that the three top-voted by the public have been confirmed for production, to delight of fans:
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Alfa Romeo GTA
  • Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
Other Alfa Romeo models will be unveiled soon. We'll be happy to share with our fans the making oft his beautiful italian cars that will be reproduced with the maximum fidelity in order to guarantee the best possible accuracy of physics and tactility of feeling.

We would like also thank all our active AC fans, who purchasing the game and sharing with us their feedback and suggestions, give us the energy and the resources we need to evolve and improve Assetto Corsa more than we ever imagined."

Alfa Romeo 01.jpg Alfa Romeo 02.jpg Alfa Romeo 03.jpg

Just to peoples complaining its been said thousands of times: AC is early access, its not done yet so its not perfect. Keep reporting issues to KS as it helps everyone to get a better sim. Don't suffer in silence.

Considering an additional car in iRacing would run you another $11.95. We are getting one free and its one the community voted for and its in addition to the already promised lineup we signed up for in early access. Compared to other race sims out there the value proposition sells itself imho. Nice one KS.

Roll on the new sound engine hopefully on par with Raceroom (which of course will slow development when you only have 10 peeps working). I know people are getting tired waiting but good things are worth waiting for.

As Juris said, I'd imagine it'll be part of a DLC bundle. I have no issues with this! To ensure a constant stream of new content, they need a similar stream of income. The initial money from the vanilla game will only go so far. As they develop new batches of content, they'll throw the occasional car/track into the vanilla game for free. Everyone benefits.

Lets hope the DTM Alfa matches its BMW counterpart. Great duo to race with :)

I can't help but feel the Alfa 75 would have been the better car to put in game for exactly that reason.
I assume the 155 should be faster (i'm speculating here, please enlighten me if i'm wrong), which would mean we get two new cars which we won't have anything to race against. As much as i love the Giulia, i think it would have been more sensible to choose a car that already has a counterpart in game. Unless Kunos has got something more in the pipeline that we don't know about.
Apart from my nitpicking i guess more is always better, curious what's still to come.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%