Assetto Corsa: 2014 F1 and GP2 mod previews

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1ASR F1 2014 04.jpg

Assetto Corsa already comes with a brilliant Formula 1 style car, as a step upgrade to the Lotus Exos T125 customer car, but that doesn't stop the hardcore racing fans from demanding a more up-to-date 2014 version of the pinnacle of openwheeler racing and F1ASR is delivering on that cry from the community.

F1SR modding team, that used to create state of the art mods for rFactor has transformed into F1ASR and with the help of new dedicated enthusiasts aiming to bring to sim racing the best free scratch build community content available.

Besides content for rFactor 2 the team is now also recreating the F1 2014 season complete with all in house 3D designed cars, audio, textures and physics. All content is solely created from the ground up by a team of around 30 artists and modders that have come forward from the sim racing community.

Besides the current F1 season the team has adopted another big challenge in bringing the popular GP2 series to Assetto Corsa as well with a lot of care for miniature details as the mod will come with 13 teams and 26 individual liveries as each driver in the team has a different sponsor package.

Alpha footage of the Ferrari F14T at Imola, work-in-progress

Alpha footage of the GP2 Dallara at Suzuka, work-in-progress

F1ASR F1 2014 01.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 02.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 03.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 05.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 06.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 07.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 01.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 02.jpg

Assetto Corsa now on sale at the RaceDepartment Store
Grab this PC racing simulator by the horns as we have discounted Assetto Corsa which saves you five Euros compared to the regular Steam price.

Assetto Corsa now sales for an amazing low price of only EUR 29,99 and you can purchase your copy directly from the RaceDepartment Store here.

Community, Mods and More!
For more information on Assetto Corsa make sure to check out the forums, share your favorite videos and photos in the media gallery, download the latest available mods from the resource manager and of course join us online for daily racing action in the racing club.

Still quite a bit of work to do on the F1 cars but all will be done in high res textures 8192 and 4096 , but coming along very nice ,
The GP2 2014 Season will be our first release as its the closest to been finished , all the cars textures are finished and all the audio is finished ,
13 teams with 26 individual liveries all done in 4096 resolution and all logos hand made , going to be great once the tools support cars as well has tracks :)

So are those going to be completely separate cars with physics different than T125's?
Yes as soon as the official tools have been updated ,]We will work on all the cars Physics ,
Stuart who runs F1ASR , knows a GP2 2014 Mechanic so we have all the gearbox and suspension settings ready to add to the GP2 cars once supported by Kunos ,
The F1 2014 Season each car we will work on getting the Physics as accurate as possible to reality but we have been developing both the F1 2014 and the GP2 2014 Seasons side by side for rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa , but the GP2 season is almost completed just the physics left to add to the car and the full model updating from some new changes that F1 ASR have made , but the GP2 cars are all in 4096 Resolution ,
and was really challenging for our Logo Tech guy Garry Vale , he made over 300+ logos from scratch by hand ,
F1 Cars have the 11 teams but each team has its own branding for both drivers ,
But creating the GP2 season I come to realize that each driver has is own unique sponsors on the car , the same base graphics of the team but all sponsors are different , so we created 13 teams but with 26 different liveries all in 4096 and all logos hand made , so was the big project but we are happy to day they look awesome :)

Scary stuffs, suddenly we going to have too many cars to play .. by the way I wonder if anyone wanna race with Marussia or Caterham in case the physic is so accurate .. they are just too slow to race with Mercedes i guess :D
Depends, if you are only interested to always win then yes.

Had my most great races in F1 2010 with the crappy HRT. Hardly touched any of the other cars.

Depends, if you are only interested to always win then yes.

Had my most great races in F1 2010 with the crappy HRT. Hardly touched any of the other cars.
To me it would be a greater challenge coming from the back / mid field , this year it would be too easy to win with the mercedes W05 , Hopefully things may get a little closer by the time we have the official tools released that support the cars physics ,
Happy dayz :)

Could provide a great handicaping system for league races.

In a previous league I ran in (f1 2012) I ran the HRT as defending champion. Made the races loads better tbh!

Reactions: CC
I say again.....,WOW!!
I was not happy with the tires that I see on every other game , The guys on RD know I like to make things has realistic as possible so after talking with Stuart about getting the tires remapped ,
The GP2 Car now has all 4 tires individual to each other and the work will pass on to the F1 Cars , so the entire full F1 Grid with 22 cars will have 88 individual tires all unique and accurate to the 2014 cars in real life and no two tires will be the identical :)
Why make things the same when at F1 ASR we makes things better!
untitled.96.jpg untitled.97.jpg untitled.99.jpg untitled.100.jpg untitled.102.jpg untitled.103.jpg untitled.104.jpg untitled.105.jpg untitled.106.jpg untitled.107.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years