Assetto Corsa 1.1.1. Update

Well, my game "WAS " working great after I fixed the Dream Pack 1 Problem. Now since the 1.1.1 update, I get an ERROR screen after start-up telling me the "SKINS " I think of about 60+ cars are In error. If I try to load any of the cars on a track, the loading stops on the car with the error. Wonderful, now I can start deleting cars. I think I'll delete all the cars & then let Steam verify cache files & replace them & not enjoy all the after-market car mods I put in. I was playing this game more than any other, love it, but with this screw up update, I think I'll start playing RaceRoom Experience & Stock Car Extreme. At least I don't have to constantly spend time correcting errors. Anyone else have any problems like this or am I the only one? I seen over at WWW.AssettoCorsa.net, there's a few people complaining also. Anyone have a quick fix? Thanks, just had to rant, got better things to do than spend hours fixing errors in a game I'm supposed to be playing & enjoying. Not a Happy Camper right now !!!!!!!!!

Car skins that are throwing an error code at the start of the game is because they have an incorrect structure in the ui_skin.JSON file....open the json file using notepad and replace the contents with this:
{
"skinname": "Undefined",
"drivername": "John Doe",
"country": "",
"team" : "",
"number": 1
}

For mod cars that don't work, open the data folder, open the aero.ini, change the header number to 2, and delete the [data] section. Only delete the data section, don't delete anything from [wing] on down.

If a car doesn't have a data folder and instead uses a data.acd file you need to wait for a fix from the mod creators.

If it's not too much trouble, would you tell us what values in the ini files need to be edited? I've held off updating because I don't want to lose the addon tracks.
Try this, it works for me (it's not the final solution for mod loading issue but stops freezing):

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\filestore

From file:

career.ini

I removed value from key:

LASTSELECTED=

Now the game not freez if installed mod selected, mods not loading/work but game automatically select previously selected official car so you do not have to remove all installed mods, you just can't use them before mods updated.

This works for me, hope so it works for you!

And you can find these issues from file launcher.log in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs

Ps. as mentioned Mazda mod already corrected so solution should be available for all other mods
Mazda fix is here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mazda-787b.4608/update?update=8802

Car skins that are throwing an error code at the start of the game is because they have an incorrect structure in the ui_skin.JSON file....open the json file using notepad and replace the contents with this:
{
"skinname": "Undefined",
"drivername": "John Doe",
"country": "",
"team" : "",
"number": 1
}

For mod cars that don't work, open the data folder, open the aero.ini, change the header number to 2, and delete the [data] section. Only delete the data section, don't delete anything from [wing] on down.

If a car doesn't have a data folder and instead uses a data.acd file you need to wait for a fix from the mod creators.

Do you know if these changes creates a mismatch alert between your local modified car and the cars on a public server without the change?

I am wondering about the same for the ui_track.json files for the tracks. Some tracks contains incorrect track lenght, making the live tracker app not showing correct deltas.

I did no updates to mclaren f1 or ruf porsche but made them work with this "solution"
SOLUTION.jpg

So just reload mod (if this not work alone so check also msg #22)

So all mods works for me atm, thanks me!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%