rF2 ASR - Open Wheel Classic @ Monaco 1966 - Friday 6th February 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Went through exactly the same thought process :D

Though it makes me wonder what x and y represent; y may simply be the scale factor for the tank, and x potentially the value for other fuel in the system, however these are just wild guesses. :p

It might have to do with converting gallons to litres, i.e. if you know the gallons of the real tank you can add that as z and then enter specific values for x and y and the game will convert it to litres.

I dont mind two races of 30 mins.
60 minutes onthis track in these cars is pretty intense.
But I'm happy either way.
OK, cool. We'll go for two 30 minute races tomorrow - it'll make things much easier, and maybe also a bit more interesting :p - and for the benefit of future events that use these cars I shall tweak the fuel capacity and refuelling parameters this weekend. :thumbsup:

Went through exactly the same thought process :D

It might have to do with converting gallons to litres, i.e. if you know the gallons of the real tank you can add that as z and then enter specific values for x and y and the game will convert it to litres.

Interesting thought, but based on everything that I've read (including comments in the .hdv file) the value for z and also the 'FuelSetting' parameter should be expressed in litres. Also, x and y are effectively arbitrary - they can be set to anything - therefore converting from one measure to another would be performed internally since the values that would be used for conversion are constant. By looking at several cars I have found that most just have x and y set to 1.0, whilst only a few (including the Ferrari and McLaren) are using different values, so my guess is that they have some special significance (otherwise ASR could just simply set z to 54, and both x and y to 1.0 as well). :whistling:

Meanwhile, you might find this link "interesting": http://www.ausfactor.com/rfc/HDV.htm ;)

Interesting thought, but based on everything that I've read (including comments in the .hdv file) the value for z and also the 'FuelSetting' parameter should be expressed in litres. Also, x and y are effectively arbitrary - they can be set to anything - therefore converting from one measure to another would be performed internally since the values that would be used for conversion are constant. By looking at several cars I have found that most just have x and y set to 1.0, whilst only a few (including the Ferrari and McLaren) are using different values, so my guess is that they have some special significance (otherwise ASR could just simply set z to 54, and both x and y to 1.0 as well). :whistling:

Meanwhile, you might find this link "interesting": http://www.ausfactor.com/rfc/HDV.htm ;)
It might just be fuel location? Wild guess.
In certain cars the balance changes more dramaitically as fuel lowers (certain ASR 1991 RF1 cars).

I am very sorry, but would you sign me out for tonight˙s race. I get some visitors this evening and I must be with them ... obviously :(

Sorry Yuri, cya with Howston ...

That was intense. So much happens in a lap of Monaco.
In race 1 I was thinking how long have we been going, so much has happened. I checked it was 6 minutes!
@Aleksi Kivelä won both races with impressive pace. I went onboard for a lap and he was able to move the car around more than I dared. Nice driving.
I kept my nose clean in race 1 and tried to put enough pressure on @Tal without taking risks. he stayed cool and took P2, after others had issues I had P3.

@Daiman Patel had serious air time as he left the track and explored the harbour.

Race 2 I got a stop go for exiting the pits under red light-where it was I dont know. So I was on the back foot. Decided to have some PBs and crashed. Pitted for repairs and cruised around 1 lap down.
Had a funny moment when Air Force Patel was at it again soon after St Devote. He was so high Instead of going around him I went under him.
Then everyone but Aleksi crashed out and I inherited P2.
So two podiums. Thats ok!

But wow 30 mins is a test. 60 would have been a tough one.
There was a period in race 2 when I got into that zone you get at Monaco and reeled of a few 1:06 and low 1:07s.

Thanks all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back