Tracks Please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of Aspertsham a lot. It's fun running the loop several times. Is the ultimate goal to make an entire little village with a free roam ability? Like most people, I'm sure, I've gotten curious and driven the other roads in this track and I notice they are pretty well developed. And then...they come to an end. If I'm not mistaken, there is even an entire other unit of houses if you turn left at the end of the third to last right turn...where you take a right at the T-intersection.

Environment looks very realistic, detailed and immersive, but! there is one thing that's bugging me and that's the dude cutting the grass with his lawnmower.

It's a funny touch at first yes, but seeing he's static as a scarecrow he screws up my immersion.

Who's up for him being removed from the scenery as his wife called him in to do the dishes?

Environment looks very realistic, detailed and immersive, but! there is one thing that's bugging me and that's the dude cutting the grass with his lawnmower.

It's a funny touch at first yes, but seeing he's static as a scarecrow he screws up my immersion.

Who's up for him being removed from the scenery as his wife called him in to do the dishes?
I believe that is the author.

I have taken the liberty of editing my copy of Aspertsham with corrected surfaces, made the trees solid and collide-able, added other road side obstacles and adding a road mesh.

I like the guy there - he adds to the village atmosphere. I have set up the main road as if the village was hosting an impromptu track day :)

Last edited:
Didn't know this was @THL himself. :) Could we improve the character model, make him move back and forth and add lawnmower SFX so it's audible when you drive past?

I have been trying to add movement to trackside objects using the 'floating balloon' option, but not had any luck. I would like the large truck to randomly pull up to the intersection as I approach at some point while doing laps - a moving noisy mower sounds like a great idea :)

Reactions: THL

I have taken the liberty of editing my copy of Aspertsham with corrected surfaces, made the trees solid and collide-able, added other road side obstacles and adding a road mesh.

I like the guy there - he adds to the village atmosphere. I have set up the main road as if the village was hosting an impromptu track day :)

Can we find the track somewhere to download? Would be great to have your Version with solid trees and some tweaks :)

Hey Thomas,

Ich schreibe jetzt einfach mal auf Deutsch und im "du", ich hoffe das ist okay :).

Deine map ist wirklich meine Lieblingsmap von allen in AC und auf Aspertsham habe ich wahrscheinlich auch schon die meiste Strecke gefahren. Ich bin heute etwas über kleine Feldwege gefahren und habe noch ein paar kleine Ortschaften und sogar einen See/Weiher gesehen. Ist das nur Detailverliebtheit oder dürfen wir da noch eine größere Erweiterung erwarten?

Gruß,
Jan

Would you share your modified version ? sadly the auther doesnt seem to be active anymore..... i really would like to see an update. This map is has potential to be the best streettrack in AC imo.

There is a lot of potential in this map. The author started building roads and buildings/homes far away from the main right-handed loop we all run. Why would he go to such lengths if he originally planned on leaving the track in its current state? I understand that sometimes things come up, so Aspertham currently sits the way it is, which is still a beautiful loop of road driving, but it would be so nice if the author got back into modding the rest of this layout some day...or give development rights to some other talented designer. There is just so much potential...

Why would he go to such lengths if he originally planned on leaving the track in its current state? I understand that sometimes things come up, so Aspertham currently sits the way it is, which is still a beautiful loop of road driving, but it would be so nice if the author got back into modding the rest of this layout some day...or give development rights to some other talented designer. There is just so much potential...
As I understood it @THL does live in the real Aspertham, so he'll be pretty familiar with all the "Dörfchen" around it ;) And he is still reading the forum, but does not post..

Yeah i think he also mentioned somewhere that he is definitly playing around with the idea of several Layouts. Don´t get me wrong i don´t wanted somebody to break dev lasw on @THL i, just wished there would be some updates to this beautiful Track. I drive it regulary and i´ts so much fun.

@AccAkut -- I assumed that must be the Dev's home town/village whatever it's called in that part of the world. :D It just looks like it's modelled based on a real layout. None of the roads are hoon friendly, which is realistic. You have to know where you can push and where you better give a brake tap or two. I know Assetto Corsa is a racing simulator first and foremost, but I just love maps like Aspertham. There is a map by Sim Traxx. I don't know what the real final name of it is going to be, but I have it in Content Manager as "Sim Traxx Hradek Liptakov" There are two runs: layout Hradek 1 and layout Liptakov 1, but there is also a freeroam map and the place is huge!! It needs a bunch of work..it's just a Beta version, but I can spend a couple hours throwing my E30 around the hills and woods. :cool:

THL updated Aspertsham, public roads in Bavaria with a new update entry:

Aspertsham 0.7

Aspertsham (v0.7)

After a long time ... here it is: v0.7 of my small Aspertsham "track".

First of all an important note:
In contrast to v0.6 this version is not freeroam any longer.
I know many people liked the freeroam character of the track (me too), but it was necessary to reduce the drivable areas, especially in towns, to be within German law as much as possible (according to freedom of panorama).
This means there are invisible walls in v0.7, mostly 50 to 100 meters away from the road,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

yeaaH!!! I love you man! (haven't even tried it yet but still) still 8 cars is a little short but no problem, hopefully in future updates

PS: you should remove the following lines from the resource though, there are plenty of cameras

Known issues:

- no track map (please follow the arrows on the small wood signs)
- no track cameras
- no ai

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back