ASCHER-RACING B24-SC vs SRB BB Ultra V2

This year I may get a Simucube 2, so I'm thinking of building a new steering wheel. My choice for the rim is the Sparco R383 Champion (33 cm, in leather). I would like to install a wireless button plate. I'm a bit lost with the current range of models. I already knew the ASCHER-RACING B24-SC and now I've found the SRB BB Ultra V2, which is also considered a very good product and for less price. What other premium button plates would you recommend? Have you tried these 2 models? My main concern are the paddles. I don't mind the noise, but I want a crisp and tactile feel, with no play, and as many positioning adjustments as possible. Unluckly, this last point is a bit limited, as I can see. It looks like you can adjust the paddles in both wheelplates to be closer or more separated, but not rotate them to match the cirumference of the rim. In the case of the SRB BB Ultra V2, there's some little vertical adjustment available for the whole plate. As for the buttons, I assume the quality is more than enough in both products. As regard the looks, both are fine. I've made a quick test to see how they look once installed on the rim. I will use the steering wheel in VR only, if that matters for my choice.

ASCHER-RACING B24-SC.jpg

SRB BB Ultra V2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I like Ascher build and paddle shifters better.
I have SRB BB, non Ultra, but it's a similar build. Good, but unless you are trying to save money, Ascher would be my choice.

I have an older Ascher F28 SC and love build quality, feel and relyability.

But you don´t hear complaining about SRB either ;)

The feature I love/use most is the 7way switch for menues, and by the looks of it these would be more comfortable to use on the SRB.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%