Asch, Ludwig & Magnussen to test DTM Mercedes

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
dtm.jpg

Sons of former racing drivers, Kevin Magnussen, Sebastian Asch and Luca Ludwig will test a 2015 specification Mercedes AMG C63 DTM at Jerez de la Frontera on Monday.

This will be yet another opportunity for ex-McLaren driver Magnussen to try his hand at different race series as he evaluates his racing opportunities for the 2016 racing season. Magnussen told Ekstra Bladet.

"It will be a great experience, and I appreciate the opportunity... I look forward to trying another race car for the first time."​

Joint 2015 ADAC GT Masters Asch and Ludwig (sons of Mercedes DTM legends Roland Asch and Klaus Ludwig respectively) are also due to test the 2015 specification C63 DTM in Spain. Ludwig sees this test as an opportunity to become part of the Mercedes squad's 2016 charge and follow on from his fathers successful years with the German marque, securing title honours in both 1992 and 1994,

"We’ve had a great season in the ADAC GT Masters and this test definitely puts the icing on the cake. Many thanks to Mercedes AMG for placing their trust in me and making it possible to test a DTM car. This is a very emotional moment for me, since I can remember my childhood and teenage years, growing up as a son and fan of the Mercedes-Benz family and following all the races. To see the Ludwig name associated with a Mercedes-Benz DTM car once again after a gap of over 15 years makes me feel tremendously proud."​

Mercedes have a busy pre-season schedule evaluating as is tradition a number of young drivers prior to announcing the full driver roster for next years title attack.

Who do you think will make a positive contribution to Mercedes driving strength next year, and who should make way in the teams lineup? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back