Arma 3

Pretty cool, google maps image of both islands.

lMSIGkT.jpg

Nice to see some guys here are playing.I would love to hook up and play some coop or multiplayer with you all sometime.I got arma 3 a wile back but have not played it much and not since the beta was released.One of my favorite things to do in arma 2 was to fly around in a little bird and pick up guys stranded in the old AO.Also played a lot of coop with a few friends one of witch was a good scripter and mission designer (SUICIDAL) so did a lot of mission testing.Unfortunately i don't think there computers can handle arma 3.:(

Nice to see some guys here are playing.I would love to hook up and play some coop or multiplayer with you all sometime.I got arma 3 a wile back but have not played it much and not since the beta was released.One of my favorite things to do in arma 2 was to fly around in a little bird and pick up guys stranded in the old AO.Also played a lot of coop with a few friends one of witch was a good scripter and mission designer (SUICIDAL) so did a lot of mission testing.Unfortunately i don't think there computers can handle arma 3.:(
I am in the same boat as you but I'm on a Greek island in a little bar (on holidays) and not back until first of September I will message you then ;-)

Do you use the extended map info option?
I've been always using it till now but as getting used to I just came to get relied on checking the location of enemys on the map.:O_o: Honestly I don't want to open the map any more close to enemys instead of looking around. But the extended map info off is a little bit harsh for me yet...so what should I do?

Altis will arrive on Monday August 26th! But in the dev branch.
Should be fun seeing the size of that thing soon.

Nijeat, sorry i can´t help you, i have no idea what extended map info does.
I just use the regular map to check enemies while i´m safely hidden behind something.
It´s great that you can scan an area a little bit then check the map and get a fairly good idea on where everyone are.
Get a more tactical view over the battle.

Anyone can create a server however you need a fairly fast connection to host depending on the number of players and especially if there is an ocean separating players.I have hosted several guys at once in coop with a few being overseas with no problem,but this was arma 2.Also the host's computer will have more strain put on it so if you can barely run arma 3 as it is you may find you have a problem hosting.

Just click multilplayer and once in the lobby click on "new",bottom left.You will then enter the first server setup screen were you will set up the server name,lan or internet,players and password if you wish to password your server.I never mess with the port number.Then click ok bottom right and you go to the next screen were you can pick a mission to host and a difficulty setting.Then hit play.

It may be hard to catch you guys weekdays for me being in the US east coast time zone.I can be on as early as 19:30 gmt if i get on right after i get home but sometimes I'm beat down from work and need a little nap before i get to much into games.Anytime on weekends is good for me unless i have a race.This Saturday i know i have one race planed at 19:00 but that's it for this weekend.:)

Last edited:
Nice, thanks for the walkthrough, i got 10mbit up and i have no problems running Arma 3 with everything high and sometimes full visibility.

Ok maybe during the week we can get together and do some cool missions.
If we could get 4 guys that would be great,

It´s out now.

all i can say is that it´s simply insane. At Stratis i can max out view distance and still get playable FPS but i tried it here and i almost crashed the computer :)
I flew around for an hour and i have seen perhaps 3% of the whole map.

Today i´m going to start building a mission for one of the cities, will be some nice surprise elements if i just get the hang of the editor with trigger points etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%