Arma 2

• Bert Van Waes

I'm looking for optimal settings now on my rig, hard to get it all stick frameratewise, even on a high end like mine.

It seems to be nice Ben, only did some training stuff yet, but today i'll explore it deeper. It has the feel real sim thing going on...

Indeed pretty cheap prised.

• Bert Van Waes

Cool!! :)

Well, i like it. Now i finally optimised the Graphics to play on 1920/ 1080i
But i had to switch off everything in Catalyst center and control it all gamewise. Stupid ati support eh.

Already done some missions but it's stil all a bit new and unknown here. Like i read somewhere it seems to take 5 days to get used to the stuff that's going on around you... But i love the graphics!!!

I'm at day 2 now so we'll see :)

Online is still a no go, because i'm not familiarised yet with it.

But man guys, once we get the hang off it, we should make war together :D!!

• Bert Van Waes

I hate the vehicle/aircraft control .

Buggy as hell

Make sure to unplug G25 before starting the game, it was messed up here too in the beginning.

But yeah, massive sizes comes with bugs... They hopefully work on this...

They never ironed the bugs out of Arma I so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Having said that and having enjoyed hours of Arma I regardless of some of it's bugs, it's still been a steal for 12 and a half quid. I was going to stay clear of it until it became bargain basket priced, seems I didn't have to wait too long.

I mainly play evolution mod where you have to rank up in order to use the more powerful vehicles, by clearing out a town at a time. Good fun with a few mates as a fire team.

RUM00512.jpg

GCS0029.jpg

I wonder if anyone has ArmA I using Win7 64bit?,i just installed my ArmA today and ...wow...errr what a mess!!!,top half of screen black,and the lower half has the menu crammed in some minging res and the icons are just black blocks with no writing visible anywhere,read around the internets a bit and see plenty others with "issues" that are similar.
The game ran flawless on my XP 32bit on all gfx high and some on max/very high,..i read a help thread with a tip about running it in windowed mode by adding -window to the target for the startup icon,that indeed let it start in windowed mode,but what a horrible looking POS it is with that,performs all sluggish and terrible as well.

Anyone up to date on this sad situation?.

A little bit more internets technical help forums trawling lastnight and i found a "kind of" solution to this problem,it involves running "msconfig" and backing down my memory from 4097 to 3092,my first searches of solutions were mentioning it is a memory related problem with a combo of ArmA+Win7 64 + 4gbmem + ATi cards....as usual i can tick all the problem boxes there...

So what i would like to know now with this new information is.........can i work around this within the ArmA config or in some other file so i can put my overall sys mem back to use my full 4gb as usual,but have it backed off to 3gb when i launch ArmA?.

My Config Settings:
language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=13761.000000;
Resolution_W=1280;
Resolution_H=960;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
refresh=60;
FSAA=2;
HDRPrecision=8;
lastDeviceId="4098,37952,-516876469";
localVRAM=1067667456;