F1 2013 ARL Tier 1 F1 [Thursday] to RaceDepartment

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
We should re-unite all the members of the ARL F1 Thursday league in here, in order to continue our championship, on Race Department, so all who was member of this league on ARL post in here, so that we can re-unite all the members.

Hi everyone.

It's Crunch here clearly, lol.

Just like to say that I definitely won't be continuing with this championship unless it's continued on ARL, which basically means I won't be continuing at all.

People race at ARL for different reasons, and how I justified getting up at 6am each week to participate was that I was racing against near the very best opposition the game and platform had to offer. To my knowledge and belief, it was the pinnacle of F1 on the PS3.

I cannot justify continuing what with the lack of formalities that this championship otherwise has now. This will no doubt turn into a splinter contingent championship in which a purely social emphasis is highlighted. I had only raced with you guys twice, and hence don't have a heightened affiliation to drivers here. The difficulties with international (other side of the world in fact) connections means that my racing will largely be a futile affair, without the recognition of being on the championship table for the highest league on platform. I could only justify these issues what with the pride and significance of being in the top championship at ARL, the most renowned F1 console site.

Hence, I need to now locate a local F1 Australian league instead, as the entire competitive edge that ARL held has well and truly been lost in this closure. These circumstances, making a 'trademark' premature assumption that is apparently frowned upon, should have been done differently. Some notice of imminent closure would have been nice so that all the drivers could rally together and keep championships running if they wish to do so. It's nothing short of disgraceful. From what I can gather, Darren didn't race on the main site anymore and is more interested in his iRacing pursuits than the thousands of dedicated drivers he left high and dry. Though my facts may be wrong, SOMETHING could have been done differently.

All the best continuing guys. I'll naturally be checking this page over the next week. I have plans to really embrace the inner American consumerism urges and fork out in excess of $1000 AU to get a killer rig with load cell pedals and such.

If someone wants to try and convince me to stick around, please be my guest.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back