Are you at all happy

I like S397's intentions but I am not convinced they are capable to sort the mess out. I dont know what exactly is wrong with RF2 but it seems like it is just about everything that needs finishing touches. Then when I see the approach of S397 releasing more unfinished stuff on top....Well it seems like the wrong way to go if you want to clean up things. To me it makes it a frustrating experience so far.

as much as really enjoy rf2 and it can absolute shine as the best sim! I whole heartedly agree with the above. I wouldn't say a frustrating experience i would say more, a "messy demo/beta" like feel to this title. Not enough meat on the bones.

Regarding these beta/demo/tech preview complaints what is it exactly lacking for offline play that other sims have? Only things that comes to my mind is official full class series and career mode. Am I missing something?
Which sims have it all? Just curious.

Pros: Magical physics/ffb/ai/track progression/race features
Cons: incomplete and inconsistent content and features; audiovisually unappealing; user unfriendly; difficult to mod; poor performance

I love the game and truly appreciate S397 trying to save it from irrelevance by changing the previously glacial pace of development, but for me there is plenty to be frustrated about with rF2 at this point.

I have recently installed it again and, at least on my old PC, is second only to pCars2 on VR support and it runs quite better framerate than it used to in DX9.
Also some of the new cars and mods are really good, IMHO (i know it'll be an unpopular opinion) S397 should bring more street/drift cars to the title because it has probably the best drifting physics of all sims.

Also about the lack of content i don't really feel like it's too little, if you are into open wheelers there are plenty of very nice mods covering alla cars and eras, the real problem is that there's a lot of outdated content that sometimes feels quite bad (almost bugged) to drive.

IMHO they should now work mostly on optimization and ensuring alla the cars run the same kind of physics, but I end up playing it much more than all the other sims because hotlapping is just too much fun.
For races i have pCars 2 (i know, broken physics, AI it's crap, etc., still it manages to give me more fun races than everything else since RRE ruined the AI for big grids) and i only fire up other titles in the rare cases when i really feel like racing some car that's not present in rfactor/pcars

Pros: Magical physics/ffb/ai/track progression/race features
Cons: incomplete and inconsistent content and features; audiovisually unappealing; user unfriendly; difficult to mod; poor performance

I love the game and truly appreciate S397 trying to save it from irrelevance by changing the previously glacial pace of development, but for me there is plenty to be frustrated about with rF2 at this point.

You were spot on in the Pros and Cons.
I'm not as frustrated as I was weeks/months ago after finding a workaround for a few things and graphics aren't really that important to me but they are for some people and alongside its unfriendliness and difficulty to mod, it won't allow the game to grow to the level it should considering its fantastic gameplay, which is a shame.

For races i have pCars 2 (i know, broken physics, AI it's crap, etc., still it manages to give me more fun races than everything else since RRE ruined the AI for big grids)

I find it weird that you choose pCars 2 for races instead of rF2 even after admitting the AI is crap (which it is) and considering rF2 has arguably the best AI of all current sims....I mean, good AI is the most important piece for an enjoyable race......Unless you mean multiplayer ofc.

I find it weird that you choose pCars 2 for races instead of rF2 even after admitting the AI is crap (which it is) and considering rF2 has arguably the best AI of all current sims....I mean, good AI is the most important piece for an enjoyable race......Unless you mean multiplayer ofc.
I was ironic with that phrase ;)

It might be that i'm not that fast (1 to 3 seconds off-pace in most MP races, but quite consistent in turning laps), but in pCars2 i get quite good races, and it has much more variety in cars and categories.
It might not be the fastest or most consistent AI, but i find it much more dynamic than all other titles, at 100% aggression you can have really nice battles, in other sims most of the times either you are faster or you are slower than the AI in front of you, if you are slower you'll never catch up, if you're faster there isn't much battle for the position.
Also in VR rfactor has a quite worse framerate on my PC (30-50 FPS VS solid 90 FPS with all at minimum, on an i5 2500k @4,5Ghz and a GTX680@1,2Ghz) when i add 20 AI

Any way enough off topic :)

Last edited:
Finally we can understand what the tires are doing and the cars reactions and not spin out at 30 km. I bought several years ago but was not in use. Now it`s very good and working well with DX11. For me Studio 397 has done a fantastic job since took the sim. I`m awaiting for the new interface and the new hud to remove those from RF2/ISI.

Bought the GT3 Pack and it looks amazing, great cars. I´m going to drive RF2 for sure!

Yes.....

20171127224802_1.jpg
20171127231943_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back