GT5 Are you all still playing?

Was wondering if you all are still playing this? I know some people have connection issues with it ( then again most online games seem to have problems , think its to do with being rushed out so they can make money :rolleyes: ) but myself have only suffered a little bit of lag and some invisable drivers in races which is a bit weird. i play this just about everyday usualy doing some seasonals and online shuffle races(do these as tend to be fairer against randoms rather than the normal rooms with people not following rules set out by host)as well as remote racing while at work to raise cash.

One last thing do i realy need to become a licenced member to race with you guys as ive always been wairy of the internet ( maybe just my age and not being very pc literate( not very literate anyway as you can probably tell from my spelling :tongue: )), if i must then ill have a hard think about it as im not sure about having my proper name showing on a forum that isnt private (my paranoia about the web coming out again)
cheers guys hope to race you soon

Yes, we still play GT5. As you can see from the Racing Club sub-forum there are two events per week, and just this week a number of changes were made to try and make the club more accessible to new people. My entire focus is online these days, so other than completing seasonsals as they are updated the only driving I do alone now is testing for future club events. I don't race in public lobbies because it's too hard and frustrating to find clean drivers.

Yes, you do need to be a licensed member of RD to race with us, no exceptions. It's time to ditch the paranoia about the internet, as using your real name on a forum does not put you in an 'danger' whatsoever. Ask any of the thousands of other RaceDepartment members that are already licensed...

cheers for the quick answer. showing my age here lol my first ever encounter with a computer was when my dad bought a zx80 not what youd call a computer but a jumped up calculater. then i was given a spectrum in my teens to try and keep me out of the arcades, and since then only realy got a pc when i needed email and such so its all a bit like witchcraft to me. Will probably beat my paranoia into submission and sign up for a license later tonight as really want to take part in some fun clean racing

I hadn't played GT5 for a while, as other things were taking priority in #the real world' and also since the PSN got hacked there was no way to join online and get the latest updates.

I'll admit the game was gathering dust, but since the revival of the PSN, I now have the game up to date patch wise and am glad to see that the GT5 Club here at RD is still alive and kicking.

Whilst I can guarantee that I will not make all of the races, I will try to join any that my schedule will allow, starting with the Muscle Cars @ Indy Road tomorrow night.

:cool:

On the real name thing. Never quite understood the worry, as you have to sign up to your ISP with your real name and other credentials to even be able to get on line, so why it becomes a problem on forums is beyond me, lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back