Are you afraid to die?

If my death was timely, I would be scared at first, but, if I knew I did the right thing, I would be able to go peacefully.

If the FBI and the CIA knocked on my door and took me to Guantanamo Bay for expressing my politicial beliefs, I would spend the rest of my life as a political prisoner and still have honour because I haven't killed anyone.

If my death was untimely and someone tries to rob me at gunpoint (This happens in America). I would let him take whatever because I knew I would not make it and I would be shot.

What about you guys?

Not scared of dying no but it´s different scenarios.

Some scenarios don´t allow you to be scared since you´ll be dead before you even realize it.
But if i knew i had a disease and had weeks left then i would be a bit scared of the time inbetween but not the dying part. It would suck more then anything really.

All will die, so i think there is no point in fear of death, but i'm afraid of dying miserably in a terrible situation (For example, a heart attack while peeing :confused:). I pray it will be peaceful, in a bed, not sudden, but slowly...

I don't think you're ever really scared until the time to die is upon you.

I'm not currently scared though I have recently been told I'm likely I have a Pituitary Gland Tumour, in most cases these turn out to be benign but you never know, waiting for another MRI and further tests but does make you think a bit.

I'm 48 YO this year, for the first 30-40 years of that I was pretty much immortal, smoked 30-40 a day since the age of ten and done many other very stupid things. I'm pretty much the first of the Tech generation and it started to dawn on me over the last 8 years that I wasn't immortal and I'm beginning to get p!ssed at stuff I'm going to miss, Tech Stuff like developments in Gaming, Computers, TV's, Cars, are we gonna land on the Moon or Mars etc. Probably the one thing that I could class as being scared of is dying of a very painful heart attack, my Dad died at 49 and Mum at 66 of heart attacks.

Nope, although I would rather die on the race track than in bed at 85-90 ;)
“To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.”

-Bruce McLaren

I second that.

I'm afraid to die young, like before I'm 80, I hope I age like my grandfather, but I doubt I do, he's 93 now and still walks unassisted and still has a clear mind, like he says "Livet er farligt, man kan dø af det" Life is dangerous, you can die from it.

Im on the other side of this coin. My greatest fear is growing old. I made peace with death when I bought my first motorcycle. Like William and Tom I'd rather go doing something fun or standing up for something worthwhile. I just hope there is no such thing as reincarnation, one time around is enough for me. I'd gladly give my spot/life for someone else's.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%