1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Are you a member of a sim racing team?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Bram, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Just out of curiosity: are you a member of a sim racing team?

Can you emphasize a little in the comments below what it has added to our sim racing experience?

2. No, I wouldn't mind being part of one though.

3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I would guess so! :) It have mostly added the addiction to talk and drive at the same time, something that doesn't make me drive any faster! :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. I've only been in GPRO (www.gpro.net ) teams, but that's more of a mathematical sim.
    That's why I'm here i guess

5. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

No.but thats why im here as well.

6. In gpro, a team was essential.No way you could compete or even survive unless you were in a team. would simply take too long to figure out the math if you had to do all the data collection and crunching on your ownsome lonesome.

7. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

Yes and I feel that is part of the immersion also, I always looked for a team or team mate but now I own www.WalkRacing.com.
    It's pretty cool, as I have found a different thrill of simracing and for me it's pretty intense, bitting my fingers when the drivers are in a door banging fight, feeling good when they achieve a good result, feeling proud when we do something right.
    If real life motorsport is a team sports why not simracing? Join a team and enjoy

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rob Gray

Rob Gray
    Premium Member

I was a member of Vortex simRacing (https://www.vortex-simracing.com/), an iRacing team, up until late last year. I was in the team for about 2 years racing Star Mazda and then GT3. It was a good benefit and I think I got a bit faster than I would have had I not been a member. The best benefit was social. We talked a lot about setup and we really helped each other get faster by sharing driving tips and analysing each others telemetry. The downside was the time commitment and eventually it was why I left. Vortex is currently the top team in the GT3 series and the expected time input working on setups and waking up the for the SOF race (it's a french team and I'm Australian) was becoming too difficult to juggle with kids and a work pressure.